Have you read the "Da Vinci Code"?

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
The movie cames out Friday (tomorrow, here), so, it´s a legit question.

I didn´t :(
I´m one of the 5 people in the world that didn´t.
What about you?

where's the poll!?

no I haven't.

I'll go for Bettany

I have read it, it's entertaining but the ending is a bit boring.

no i havent, i have discussed it with my father who has read it. i decided not to so that i can see the film with fresh eyes and not worry about the look and feel being transfered

LOL, this makes me think of an onion headline from 2 years ago

"airplane crash site littered with copies of "the da vinci code""

Who cares, the book is supposedly mediocre middle class literature and the movie has HORRIBLE ratings thus far, a 20 percent on rotten tomatoes. Who cares about this story at all?

"I started bu gave up?" who "gives up" on reading a book?
Like you start speaking in that weird cadence that superheroes get when they are faced with their one weakness.

"must....turn.....page......must....find...out....if......he ....will....have....green....eggs.....and....ham.....can't.........."

I've started but not finished yet. It's very good so far.

The film has got pretty poor reviews which is surprising.

I read it and liked it alot. I'm going to see the movie to. Most likely not this weekend though because it will be insane

Nope. I haven't read a novel on my own free will for 2 years. bad place, I don't think I've read a novel period for 2 years. I have an interest to read the Da Vinci Code, but not the patience.

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Who cares, the book is supposedly mediocre middle class literature and the movie has HORRIBLE ratings thus far, a 20 percent on rotten tomatoes. Who cares about this story at all?

Are you ****ting me? Just so you know, this comes of as, "I'll not stoop down to the entertainment of the unwashed masses". No offense, just saying :D.

And as far as the Da Vinci Code goes, I read it and liked it. I had read Angels and Demons (which I thought was better) before anyone heard of Dan Brown, but I didn't read te Da Vinci Code until it was a big sensation. It was a good book, though as I said I prefer Angels and Demons. It annoys me how seriously people take it though.

I have never seen the movie, but I will go see it Opening Day for one man: Paul Thane Bettany

Yes I have read the book, I personally thought that it was an okay book nothing to great about it. I thought Dan Brown's other book "Angels and Demons" was far better IMO :up:

The movie is getting really bad reviews! :(

lol.. the critics at Cannes said they laughed during and walked out before the credits.

Equint77 said:
lol.. the critics at Cannes said they laughed during and walked out before the credits.

I cant beleive they laughed at one of the main scenes toward the end of the movie... You can never laugh at Tom Hanks' acting :mad:

Equinox said:
The movie is getting really bad reviews! :(

Wow. It's at 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even CINO didn't get that bad a score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"