Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

As an aside, I don't want to hear another anti-piracy ad from WB again when they decided to make a chunk of their library only available via piracy. :o
VFkmMYo.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know, Amazon sure seems to avoid them fine. :o
Yeah, but Amazon actually seems to like the film industry :o
upload_2022-8-18_1-57-10.jpeg

As an aside, I don't want to hear another anti-piracy ad from WB again when they decided to make a chunk of their library only available via piracy. :o
VFkmMYo.jpg
The most recent post better be a frog in a pirate hat :D

Seriously though. This is so gross, and I hate the fact that, because it appears to be a majority of children's content, people are going to write it off like Discovery's taxes.

I was actually planning on watching Infinity Train eventually. Disgusting and absolutely disappointing. Once again, animation continues to be seen as something only for little kids, undervalued and left in the dust.

This f**k better not cancel Harley Quinn, or I'll never forgive him and throw a Molotov cocktail at his house. Seems only appropriate, considering how many bridges he seems to be burning with these decisions.

Is the logic here that they’re trying to make up for these seemingly unsuccessful originals by not profiting from them so they can claim a tax credit?

Is the logic here that they’re trying to make up for these seemingly unsuccessful originals by not profiting from them so they can claim a tax credit?

I don’t think they were profiting from them to begin with. I think the logic here is that by removing them, they won’t have to pay a license fee to keep them on HBO Max.

I continue to hate what I’m seeing because it’s unpredictable what will be removed next. And without a physical release, these shows and movies will be lost forever.

So are these not going to be available to be seen anywhere again?

They could license them out to other platforms to make some money I think

But if its a tax write off, they can't financially benefit from licensing them to any streamer/company. This does seem to be purely a residual thing for less successful properties. Definition of penny pinching by the sounds of it.

When is Zazlav going to start taking a flamethrower to some of the Discovery programmes?

Shave a few mil off the exectives pay package? Nah, take a combined few 100k from dozens of working artists.
What a novel approach! Especially for underperforming execs who keep making bad decisions. Best place to start any cost cutting.

But if its a tax write off, they can't financially benefit from licensing them to any streamer/company. This does seem to be purely a residual thing for less successful properties. Definition of penny pinching by the sounds of it.

When is Zazlav going to start taking a flamethrower to some of the Discovery programmes?

I don’t know if it’s a tax write down like Batgirl or they just simply want to save money by not making the residual payments for these shows/movies.

What a novel approach! Especially for underperforming execs who keep making bad decisions. Best place to start any cost cutting.
It's like watching gas prices rise, while seeing record profits. It's always those who can at least afford it, that have to take the cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"