World Hearts of Steel Opinions...

Zombie-tastic

Civilian
Reaction score
I picked up Hearts of Steel the other day, and I can say that I like it. I am glad that it is a completely new universe, because they would just pee all over continuity if it weren't. I like the battle scenes in the first few pages, and I am glad that it isn't too slow like Infiltration. The art is a little out there, and it would be cool if it were more detailed, but I enjoyed it. We will see what happens in the future, I think its a cool concept.

It's an interesting idea, and I'm picking it up for just that reason. I'm hoping they go further back, though. A Renaissance-themed Bumblebee would be too cool for words.

funny you should say that, there were some sweet pictures on TFW2005.com that were of renaissance 'bots. for some reason, i can't access them. if anyone knows where to find them, plese post a link.

It would be interesting to see if IDW continues with other timelines like the swinging 70's.

I quite like the design's in hearts of steel.

Avangarde X said:
I quite like the design's in hearts of steel.

I wish Hasbro would use these for their Titanium 6" transformable figures. They're already making War Within figures; I'd like to see more of the recent re-designs from the comics.

The story itself is kinda cool - I like Bumblebee hangin' with John Henry - although
the arrival of Mark Twain at the end of issue 2
seems stolen straight out of the TNG fifth-season cliffhanger.

This is the first Transformer media (comic or cartoons) I got into besides Beast Wars and I'm completely digging it. SOmething about Bumblebee as a steam engine is frikken awesome. And Starscream as an old Wright brothers plane. I love it!:D Any suggestions of what else to pick up? I just got issues 1 and 2 of Beast Wars. Does anyone know what the plans for other Evolution series are?

Hellstormer said:
This is the first Transformer media (comic or cartoons) I got into besides Beast Wars and I'm completely digging it. SOmething about Bumblebee as a steam engine is frikken awesome. And Starscream as an old Wright brothers plane. I love it!:D Any suggestions of what else to pick up? I just got issues 1 and 2 of Beast Wars. Does anyone know what the plans for other Evolution series are?

If its comics you are after might I suggest TF: War Within, personally my favourite TF comic series, and you can buy the entire series in a novelised edition, great stuff.

Hearts%20of%20Steel%201%20sketch%20cover.jpg

Not to be rude but you could've put all those in 1 post. I'm trying to get all the regular sketch covers not the incentives. I have the Bumblebee and Starscream one.:up:

I like the series but I wish the coloring was better. Issue three was very good, but issues one and two were lacking, all the Decepticons stayed one complete color and that really annoyed me, but Guidie's art work was fabulous. How long is this mini? 3 issues and Prime nor Megs have been seen except being powered down, it remindes me of Infiltration which I disliked very much.

Randomhero984 said:
I like the series but I wish the coloring was better. Issue three was very good, but issues one and two were lacking, all the Decepticons stayed one complete color and that really annoyed me, but Guidie's art work was fabulous. How long is this mini? 3 issues and Prime nor Megs have been seen except being powered down, it remindes me of Infiltration which I disliked very much.
5 or 5 issues I believe and I don't think Prime is coming tioll like the 4th and Megatron isn't coming at all but I could be worng.

There are pics of Prime and Megs done for this series. Prime is a large Locomotive and Megs is old fasion cannon.

Jochimus said:
That is so badass. :word:

I agree The Industrial Revolution is one of my favorite periods with all its imaginative inventions

Avangarde X said:
There are pics of Prime and Megs done for this series. Prime is a large Locomotive and Megs is old fasion cannon.
Links man links!

Wow they looks kickass, I wonder if Optimus will have a mega form like R.I.D. and The unicron Trilogy

The fact that he got it to transform is amazing, I wish someone would make a Bumblebee custom for HOS.

Hellstormer said:
The fact that he got it to transform is amazing.
Yeah had to put a lot of planning into that custom scratch/built to make it fully transformable. Lobo's work is always incredible.
Hellstormer said:
I wish someone would make a Bumblebee custom for HOS.
Give it time someone just might...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"