Heavy Rain

Loved the game, would love the remaster but only in the EU? Dumb.

If they do bring this to the states, I'd totally pick up the heavy rain remaster. Loved that game. Beyond: two souls, I'll pass on that. Game was a big disappointment for me.

Just saw your post havoc. Awesome news!

Last edited:
Sony finally announced release dates. Next Tuesday for Beyond and March 1st for Heavy Rain. Man that's BS. I thought they were coming out together as a bundle. Why put the subpar game first? They should have gone with release order

Next Tuesday? Well damn, that was a fast announcement to release date. Is it physical?

I think it was only announced physical for EU. Sadly this seems common with NA tending to get more digital only releases

Heavy Rain is coming to PS4 tomorrow. I never got to play it because I didn't have PS3. Beyond Two Souls was great on PS4.

Getting this and the beyond 2 souls this week. Didnt get to play either before.

Loved Heavy Rain on ps3. Debating to grab the Beyond/Rain combo or just the Heavy Rain digital on ps4.

Is Beyond Two Souls good? Seems I hear a lot of mixed stuff about it.

Is Beyond Two Souls good? Seems I hear a lot of mixed stuff about it.

I was highly anticipating it when it first came out, having loved heavy rain. But it was a huge disappointment to me. Very mediocre game. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

I'll probably just give it a pass until there's a sale then.

Well technically right now it could be had for 10 bucks, since the bundle is 39.99 and heavy rain alone is 29.99. If you're already planning on getting heavy rain anyway.

I had Heavy Rain on PS3, and I don't see myself really revisiting it.

Just played through and finished this over the weekend. I really enjoyed it, the controls can feel wonky at times but the story and characters are very entertaining. Voice acting is a bit lack luster at times, and the background music was painfully loud in all the wrong places. At times the graphics felt remastered and at other times they felt like a ps3 game. Overall i give it a solid 8/10.

I'm interesting in re-playing this, but after seeing some videos, the voice acting sounds really horrible.

I finally started playing this few days ago on PS4. A great game but there are many glitches.
For example near the beginning of the game when I had to carry my sleeping son to the bed the whole character model disappeared. He had nothing in his hands. I walked around and noticed that the character model was moving near the ceiling as I moved. Also later when the father was at the police station telling that his son had disappeared, people walked throught the characters constantly. It happened again when he was talking with his ex-wife. A game like this shouldn't have glitches like this. It's hard to take the scenes seriously. They should fix their game.

Last edited:
I must have played Heavy Rain about 5 or 6 times by now. I absolutely LOVE this game and I'm disappointed that a movie isn't in the works.

Actually, is there any update on the movie? It was in talks years ago.

I played this. I had to change the controller. When I turned the right left stick to open the cabinet in the game, it wasn't working. It was annoying. Thank goodness, I have a spare controller as I would have been stuck for just not opening a cabinet. This never happened to me before, and I still use my original ps4 controller when not playing Heavy Rain. I also don't like that the motion control is so demanding. I really have to shake/move the controller so hard and there are so many quicktime events that I failed. Shaking the orange juice require the player to really shake the controller. In action scenes, you really need to swing your arm and in my 1st playthrough, I didn't get the choices I wanted because I failed to swing the controller. Its weird. I never experienced that with other games with motion control.

The controls are bit clunky and the fiXed camera also felt dated. I really saw the improvement to Detroit Become Human from this, especially when just walking around. There's no collectibles and path map of decisions as well.

However, having said all of those. I thought this was entertaining. The more I played this, I wanted to see more, the neXt chapter. I knew the game is short so in my 1st playthrough, I waited it out for like a week just so I wouldn't reach the ending right away. The graphics look pretty good for its time. I was already playing the ps4 remaster but still, it looked good for a ps3 game.

The characters here aren't as effective as Detroit Become Human. Detroit is just one of my favorite games ever and the characters were a big reason. But the characters in Heavy Rain are still interesting enough that it really made me wonder who's the killer and whats going to happen. Though I already knew who the killer due to having seen a video before a long time ago but I still wasn't sure when playing it. I also didn't eXpect the action to be a bit thrilling. I really glued to the monitor and the controller just so my characters would survive. There a couple of thrilling moments in this game.

It is a good game. I already watched on YouTube the different endings and deaths but I think I'm going to play it again with different choices before I play Beyond Two Souls. The ending I got was the good ending. The kid is saved, killer is known and died and the other 4 characters survived. However, the FBI Agent was killed twice in my playthrough (in the junkshop trapped in the car and being hit in the head the final fight) but I immediately went to main menu so it wouldn't save and it worked.

I'll score the game an 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"