Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it looks really simple. Really easy. This isn't going to be Dark Souls punishing.

Honestly, it looks really simple. Really easy. This isn't going to be Dark Souls punishing.

Right. I think the toughness or challenge of this game will be on the same level as Arkham. Deep combat system that takes time to play smoothly--a visual difference can be seen between an experienced, developed player and a casual. Definitely not super hard.

But lol at him knocking like 4 guys off of roofs and letting them all just fall. I liked in SM2 throwing people off of roofs even though it's not what Spidey would do, they land on the ground and they're still twitching around, they're alive... right?
I'd do even worse. I loved to piledrive enemies from the highest tower into the ground.

It looks pretty good. I just don't like the perch point symbol flickering all over the screen when you swing, it's hard to just focus on the beautiful environments
I hope we can hide the entire HUD. I don't like seeing crap on the screen. It seems to be customizable, though. Maybe it goes away whenever we're free-roaming.

Another video that climbs to the top of the Empire State and shows off Avenger's Tower.
The transition between falling from a really high point and the web-swing is seriously screwed up. Flowing seems to be problem with these guys. They seem to have improved on the combat, but the naturality (for lack of a better term) between actions is still absent. We should take advantage from the speed of falling to swing faster, but it's like the character first stops mid-air so that he can swing.

Right. I think the toughness or challenge of this game will be on the same level as Arkham. Deep combat system that takes time to play smoothly--a visual difference can be seen between an experienced, developed player and a casual. Definitely not super hard.
Yep. I think you put it really well. :up:

All game developers should give you the ability to hide the hud.
1. You get to see the beauty of the entire screen.
2. To prevent screen burn in

From that last stream that just dropped, it looks like they're keeping the reveal of the big bad until the release. Unless it's some truly outside the box inclusion, it seems unnecessary, but I'm not really caring at this point.

Some recordings from the playable demos at E3

[YT]O42md_HtuOc[/YT]

[YT]KVOOKKOhNuw[/YT]

The first one proves that events such as car chases and police shootouts are seamless from the open world and require no loading screen or activation of any sort.

The second one is the Shocker fight. Which looks fun. Very simple but probably a side quest.

That first video makes me all kinds of happy, it is exactly the footage I wanted to see, reminds me of how it felt playing Spider-Man 2 as a kid and just swinging around and stopping crimes. It really seems like this game is gonna be the Spidey game to finally recapture that feeling for me. I'm very impressed with how populated and detailed the city looks at street level, that's usually been a weak point in Spider-Man games, glad that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Last edited:
The game doesn't look hard to me. Well, it looks more like a challenge but in a good way. I don't see hard as in "it's frustrating-ly difficult"-- the kind that makes you wanna throw the controller, lol. No, this looks like a very deep system with plenty of choices to make and so that gives the player plenty of options...the game looks challenging in the same way Arkham is for players. There's definitely a learning curve and it takes time and effort to master the controls however it is rewarding to the player to accomplish. That's the general appearance that I get from watching that footage. You can clearly tell the difference between someone who has hours into the game vs someone who doesn't. I can totally appreciate that and look forward to making Spidey move with smoothness. As far as a tutorial, I would expect a general basic overview of moves but then it's up to the player to build their own experience.

I am truly awful at gaming, it will be hard for me, I can see it now. I have poor co-ordination and just find games hard, no matter the genre (except maybe FIFA).

This game looks insanely good. Like Batman Arkham games level good.

Man, Shocker has never looked better. I really love his design.

The transition between falling from a really high point and the web-swing is seriously screwed up. Flowing seems to be problem with these guys. They seem to have improved on the combat, but the naturality (for lack of a better term) between actions is still absent. We should take advantage from the speed of falling to swing faster, but it's like the character first stops mid-air so that he can swing.

I honestly thought this was just me...I haven't read anyone else post similar thoughts. I'm a little disappointed with the swinging. It looks like it's almost there but, as you pointed out, there's still something not quite right about it. I wish it was more physics based like Spider-Man 2 (2004).

I also wish the web lines actually had collision detection. It almost looks like them attaching to buildings is an illusion/trick of the camera. The web lines should get stuck on buildings/obstructions in the environment. I get that developers want their games easily accessible for the masses but, I'd love it if the swinging actually required some skill.

Obviously I'm just basing my impressions off visuals alone but, I personally want a challenge.

Can't wait to see what Tasmkaster looks like. Sine most villains have gotten an high-tech upgrade, I wouldn't be surprised if they are going for something like this.

4dGglJ0.jpg

Just watched the E3 trailer and loving this! I'm def doing the special edition for pre-order here.

I went to pre-order this on Amazon and its not available for pre-order. What the ****, Amazon. What the ****.

Anyway... that E3 demo had everything I'd want from a Spider-Man story. The action, humor, the villains, and that tension when the problems get overwhelming for Spidey. It pulls you in emotionally.

I agree, there feels like it has an understanding of what makes Spider-Man tick in the way the best interpretations do. Like this stuff reminds me of Spectacular Spider-Man almost, just seeing Spidey have to fight 5 villains at once by himself is something we don't really see much of anymore.

Too many other representations have him inexperienced and needing to be bailed out by other heroes, even in the modern comics. I cringe when I read people saying "It's Iron Man at the end saving him!!!" like nooooo

Jack Black
https://www.reddit.com/r/SpidermanPS4/comments/8qnx4f/jack_black_playing_the_game/

Well I've seen quite a bit of gameplay footage which is great, I believe the difficulty can get harder perhaps throughout or difficulty preference. It would be nice if free roam had time of day change(Bummer) cause from what I've seen it looks like an evening setting throughout most the videos. I've played the last two games and gotten all the trophies for both games which didn't take too long, I feel this game will take even longer to accomplish.

I like the look of this one more than the Arkham games.

Agreed. Maybe it's because Spidey is my #1, but I think the art style for this is MUCH stronger than that of any Arkham game. I love the Arkham games but they've always been 50/50 with their characters at best. (Environments are pitch perfect tho)

Also, I rewatched the E3 gameplay in 4K on my TV to get an idea of how it'll look (the answer is incredible) and at the end, I'm actually pretty sure you can hear the "clunk clunk" of something moving towards Spidey.

It might actually be Ock.

Especially since Yuri says during the chase with Electro that 5 of his worst villains have escaped the Raft now. On the roof, we see 5 villains, but one is Mr Negative who we know is NOT in the Raft. And it can't be Goblin since Norman is mayor. Plus, Electro insinuates that their suits are from this mysterious leader and Ock definitely has the capability for that.

I'm thinking this might be a recreated Master Planner storyline and the Norman as mayor plot is either a red herring or sequel bait.

I'll be happy with either Ock or Goblin as the main villain of the game. Both are long over due when it comes to getting proper video game treatment.

That Shocker battle looks unimpressive. Pulling the pillars from high reminds me of the difficulty of trying to drop the suspended crates on him in Enter Electro.

Agreed. Maybe it's because Spidey is my #1, but I think the art style for this is MUCH stronger than that of any Arkham game. I love the Arkham games but they've always been 50/50 with their characters at best. (Environments are pitch perfect tho)

Also, I rewatched the E3 gameplay in 4K on my TV to get an idea of how it'll look (the answer is incredible) and at the end, I'm actually pretty sure you can hear the "clunk clunk" of something moving towards Spidey.

It might actually be Ock.

Especially since Yuri says during the chase with Electro that 5 of his worst villains have escaped the Raft now. On the roof, we see 5 villains, but one is Mr Negative who we know is NOT in the Raft. And it can't be Goblin since Norman is mayor. Plus, Electro insinuates that their suits are from this mysterious leader and Ock definitely has the capability for that.

I'm thinking this might be a recreated Master Planner storyline and the Norman as mayor plot is either a red herring or sequel bait.

I'll be happy with either Ock or Goblin as the main villain of the game. Both are long over due when it comes to getting proper video game treatment.

I will be beyond happy if it's Doc Ock.

I like the look of this one more than the Arkham games.

It's also a more natural fit for Spider-Man. Like the warnings when someone is about to attack makes sense with the spider sense. Also, the jumping from enemy to enemy to attack fits Spider-Man's fighting style more than Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"