Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

I liked Milla playing it low key and almost sympathetic sounding rather than just campy, "I will rule the world", type acting.

I liked Harbour also being a little more dry in his delivery than Perlman. It's similar, but Perlman sounded almost too much like a smart ass.

I'm surprised they are showing his origin again.

The effects still look a little dodgy, and with a month to go I doubt it improve by much.

I'll probably end up renting than paying full admission for this. It looks interesting, just not worth full price of admission.

Much better trailer

Anyone elseespot the Baby Yaga, her chicken leg house and Gruagagh?

Kind of crazy that Neil Marshall hasn't directed a feature film in almost a decade. There are certainly way less talented directors than him getting work in Hollywood. The rest of the Splat Pack still churned out features.

Marshall has been pretty busy directing some good tv shows though (Game Of Thrones, Hannibal, Black Sails, Westworld, Lost In Space, Timeless).

Some new stills.

4GGP24P.jpg

qN3bxCf.jpg

TmalDdF.jpg

8kzqF3l.jpg

Definitely a decent improvement on the first trailer. Much better.
The R rating is a welcome addition. I'm not over the moon with it but it's ok. It might be decent... like a 6.5 out of 10 kind of thing.

I'd honestly have gone the Deadpool approach and just made his eyes blank yellow to give off that more monsterish vibe, but it is what it is.

What's the song playing in the trailer? Seems familiar but I can't place it.

I'd honestly have gone the Deadpool approach and just made his eyes blank yellow to give off that more monsterish vibe, but it is what it is.

Dude's already caked in prosthetic. Taking away the use of his eyes would have been a bit much IMO.

Better than the first trailer for sure, but I'm still not all that thrilled from what I'm seeing so far. It's cool to at least know for sure its going to be R-rated and it looks like a pretty hard R at that, but some of the jokes still didn't land for me with the exception of that last line and a lot of it just looks way too much like a overstuffed CGI fest. Granted, I know most of this stuff can't be done practically, but I wish they would have at least tried.

Got to say the 2nd trailer was much better but still not convinced by any of it tbh.

I really enjoyed the Ron Pearlman version of Hellboy, but this looks pretty cool too. That last line in the trailer had me laughing. Lots of movies in April, but I'll try to make it to the theater to see it. Looks like fun!

After seeing that red band trailer I have to admit im quietly getting a bit more hyped for this, definitely looks a lot better than the first trailer.

Definitely a better trailer. Still not sure about this though. Something about Hellboy himself just seems... off to me. But maybe it's just because I'm so used to Perlman in the role.

His face is extra stiff. They didn't give him enough mobility in his face with the makeup and prosthetics chosen.

So, Neil Marshall really took this job seriously...

Powerful Friends: After Kevin Tsujihara, More Executives Pushed to Cast Actress Charlotte Kirk

If Gordon wasn't sold on Kirk's acting, Hellboy director Neil Marshall was impressed. "She was my top choice for [Alice], and I pushed hard for her to get the role," Marshall tells THR in an email. "Ultimately, despite the high quality of her work, she wasn't considered a big enough 'name.'"

A rising director, Marshall has episodes of Game of Thrones and Westworld under his belt; Hellboymarks his highest-profile film. He was so taken with Kirk, according to a source, that last summer Marshall left the Hellboy production, which had begun shooting in the U.K. but was moving to Bulgaria, to spend time with her. Leaving the project at that point was highly unusual and Marshall barely returned in time to resume the shoot. He then stunned associates by splitting with his longtime agent turned producing partner and abandoning other potential projects. He and Kirk moved in together as Marshall devoted himself to pitching horror films that Kirk would not only star in but co-write.

"Charlotte is a true creative force," explains Marshall, "and I'm proud to be collaborating with her." Marshall approached several top producers about backing these projects, but all passed. Finally, one of the films, The Reckoning, about a woman accused of witchcraft, was announced late in 2018 as the inaugural venture of the troubled MoviePass Films (the film was slated to shoot in Puerto Rico in the first quarter of 2019) .

At this point, MoviePass co-CEO Randall Emmett emphatically denies the company is still involved. "We optioned a movie from Neil Marshall, but the rights lapsed when we couldn't raise the financing and he now owns it outright," Emmett says. Marshall says The Reckoning is in preproduction, but it is unclear what, if any, entity is backing the film.

Kirk recently posted a photo on Instagram of herself and Marshall from a trip to Puerto Rico — apparently on a private jet — but has since deleted it.

I can't wait for the press tour, when he tries to explain how he cast Lane in the role he didn't think she was the right one for because he wanted to and then started sleeping with another actress. :lmao:

I haven't seen the GDT movies but I'm really looking forward to this.

The news of the 2nd trailer brought this back on my radar as I legit forgot this was even coming out. I liked the teaser and I'm definitely on board with the slightly irreverent approach this seems to have taken. I probably would have skipped this if it was aiming for a serious tone so I'm glad for the studio interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"