Heroes Reborn not returning for season 2

I knew it. I kept forgetting the ****ing show was even on.

It didn't deserve to be renewed anyway. This season was boring as hell.

Had a feeling. So glad no one petitioned to save it. I feel bad for the actors mostly. The writers were just terrible to them.

I was waiting until the season was over to binge watch it. No point now I guess.

Well with the way it ended, they definitely were hoping for another season...sucks we never found out who the twins father was

Well with the way it ended, they definitely were hoping for another season...sucks we never found out who the twins father was

Hey, we can always hope that 3-4 years from now, they will release Heroes Reborn Reborn, "the show that is like you are getting the Heroes s14, just as if it continued the whole time." :cwink:

It's gonna be put on the web if they decide to continue with who the twins' father is and that teaser scene. Kring was hoping NBC would keep it running on the network but the ratings speak for themselves. Shame. I really wanted to like it. I think it has a chance to be redeemed on the web.

Kring didn't learn his damn lesson and made all the same damn mistakes.

It was a terrible show that deserved to be axed. It was just as bad as the final season of Heroes. They managed to run a stellar concept completely into the ground, then miraculously got it revived and proceeded on the exact same path all over again.

I never "got" Heroes in the first place. I thought the first season was really boring. A lot of build for very little pay off. And then it just went off the rails after that.

I think all the main characters on the original show were fairly well conceived. One example is how the role was the breakthrough for Hayden Panetierre. Hiro, Peter, Nathan, Sylar, "mister Horn Rimmed Glasses", they were all good. Most of the personal interaction shone. Then as the show dragged on it became only far too apparent they creators had no clue where the hell they were going. It caught a serious case of the Lost Syndrome.

Then it came back and even after five years they still hadn't come up with even an excuse for a plan.

I enjoyed Heroes Reborn. It was exactly what I wanted, and exactly the tone and feel that Heroes Season 2 should have been, imho.

The only problem is, the Heroes train has left the building. What Heroes was a deconstruction of is now in full tilt swing in theaters, and at high quality.

So while I enjoyed it, I enjoyed it in a sort of what-if bubble. Even the show was still shifting under the weight of Season 1 Heroes-mania and the crash that followed. It's hard to forget the Caitlin fiasco when the villain of the show is defeated by the same fate. And that weight, no matter how beautiful and pure the Heroes concept is/was, no matter how great it should have been, it really is ruined. Something could be salvaged, I think, but tbh, I need, like a whole season apology for Heroes seasons 2 and 3 before I can begin to get the Season 1 level hype I felt. And you have to wonder if it might just be better to tell a new story and let the production of Heroes be a cautionary tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"