'Save the cheerleader, save the world.' Heroes Season 1 on DVD

Shifty

Chief of Surgery
Reaction score
Heroes - Heroes Season 1 Release Date!

Posted by Gord Lacey
5/03/2007

Every fan of the series has been waiting for signs of when the first season will be released on DVD (and HD DVD), so this news will make a few million people smile...

August 28

That's right, Universal has pegged the release for the last Tuesday of August, so other studios should slowly back away from that date, 'cause we all know you can't take on a bunch of people with super-powers. Of course that date isn't official, and may change, but it's lookin' like there's a .07% chance of that happening.

And for those of you going to Comic Con in July, we've heard there will be some great Heroes things going on.

Hopefully NBC reruns the season but if not I'd check out the DVDs to see how the show is.

Great because I have not seen one episode yet and will not until get the season DVD.

That's good news. I thought we would have to wait a lot longer for the DVD to come out. I'll be buying that. :D

I think the set will be basic black with the eclipse and Heroes classic logo.

But I hope we get the old school boxsets for this and not slip cases.

that would be cool i was hoping they would do a little more then that but your probably right thats what tehy will do

I already have all the episodes downloaded from the net, but I'll buy the DVD anyway. Hope it comes with a printed version of the online comics. I HATE reading comics on the computer.

I'm definitely getting this dvd set. I love this show (even if the whole purpose is a rip-off of X-Men).

I read somewhere that on the dvd, you can watch each characters storyline individually. Sounds pretty awesome.

Looks like I know what i'm getting 2 days after my Birthday!! :p :D

Pretty sure that the 'whole purpose' of Heroes isn't to rip-off X-Men.

Okay, not the whole purpose. But the similarities are there. Peter is like Rogue. Claire is like Wolverine, minus the adamantium. That Molly kid is like Xavier and Jean, as is Parkman to an extent. Sylar apparently has powers like Iceman, Jean (telekinesis), sharp sense like Wolverine, and probably much more that he hasn't shown yet. Nathan-well Nathan can fly, not completely like X-Men since they didn't have the first person to fly. The government doesn't trust the heroes (mutants). Nikki is sorta like Jean, split personality once and awhile. D.L. is like Shadowcat can walk through walls. Hiro is sorta like Nightcrawler, minus the fact that nightcrawler can't time travel and is blue. Claire's birth mother is like Pyro.

Anyway. If we can watch each characters storyline seperately it would be great! I'd never have to be bored by Nikki again!

Everything is like something.

This has been discussed numerous times.

Besides similar powers the characters are different the goals are different and the stories have different elements.

So please don't start with the whole silly little game of Heroes ripped off this and that. :o

I'm definitely getting this dvd set. I love this show (even if the whole purpose is a rip-off of X-Men).

I don't give a rat's ass if HEROES rip-offs everything in sight, it's STILL more ambitious, story-wise, than 99,9% of the Hollywood movies and TV series about super-powered people so far.

Nathan-well Nathan can fly, not completely like X-Men since they didn't have the first person to fly.

The X-Men didn't created ANY new power. In fact, a lot of powers of the new X-Men (mainly Nightcrawler's) came straight from a book by Theodore Sturgeon called "More Than Human" - and it's from the 50's!

I highly doubt that they are going to have a feature that lets you watch each heroes journey seperatly from the others since that would just take up to much space on the disc. We already know that they want the original pilot on the dvd, and a possible look at some of the heroes lives after Season1 ends. Plus we will probably (hopefully) get like 5 commentaries, maybe charecter bios, maybe bloopers or behind the scenes.

Okay, not the whole purpose. But the similarities are there. Peter is like Rogue. Claire is like Wolverine, minus the adamantium. That Molly kid is like Xavier and Jean, as is Parkman to an extent. Sylar apparently has powers like Iceman, Jean (telekinesis), sharp sense like Wolverine, and probably much more that he hasn't shown yet. Nathan-well Nathan can fly, not completely like X-Men since they didn't have the first person to fly. The government doesn't trust the heroes (mutants). Nikki is sorta like Jean, split personality once and awhile. D.L. is like Shadowcat can walk through walls. Hiro is sorta like Nightcrawler, minus the fact that nightcrawler can't time travel and is blue. Claire's birth mother is like Pyro.

Anyway. If we can watch each characters storyline seperately it would be great! I'd never have to be bored by Nikki again!

you have to be kidding. Just because these people possess some of the same powers as The X-men does not make them a rip-off. Claire is nothing like Wolverine, they may be able to heal their wounds but thats the only thing they have in common. Same goes for all of these charecters you put together. Marvel did not come up with these powers, they made them popular to the world but most have probably been around for a long time. Everyone wants to be able to time travel, to fly, a lot of kids think that they are invincable. Buffy had the government going after demons and killing them. Big whoop.

But this whole "Heroes is a rip-off of so and so" has been done to death and it would be so much better if we could just discuss the show and not always have someone come up with "oh but its a rip-off"

I highly doubt that they are going to have a feature that lets you watch each heroes journey seperatly from the others since that would just take up to much space on the disc. We already know that they want the original pilot on the dvd, and a possible look at some of the heroes lives after Season1 ends. Plus we will probably (hopefully) get like 5 commentaries, maybe charecter bios, maybe bloopers or behind the scenes.

Original pilot? Explain.

iF: When the first season DVD set is released are we going to be able to see all of the different footage not used in the various versions of the pilot?

KRING: Yes all of those scenes are going to be included absolutely. As you know, we cut a 72-minute version of the pilot and we will be including that on the DVD as well, which will be very different.

iF: I have never seen the 72 minute pilot, the version I saw was slightly different with Santiago Cabrera’s character cutting off his hand and the Petrelli brothers’ flight sequence at the end was a bit different. In the version I saw Nathan doesn’t drop Peter.

KRING: Right. We actually went back and re-shot that scene. That was the only scene we re-shot from the pilot and we were able to spend a little more time with it and do it on a green-screen.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1857

So we will be seeing everything they cut out and basically anything that wasnt in the pilot when it aired on tv.

Look if you are going to reference the Xmen at least get it right.
Molly is like Calibian NOT Xavier or Jean
Nikki like Jean????? umm no Jean split personality?? umm yeh again no what comics are you reading because you are way off base.
I am sorry but the similarities between Hero's and Xmen is fleeting at best just like its similarities to watchmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"