• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Higher moral standard required of teachers?

FunBobPants said:
A teacher in Texas has been fired after topless pictures of her were found by a student.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003067346_teacher17.html

So what do you think? What are these higher moral standards that are required of teachers? What kind of out-of-school actions or behaviour do you think could be used to justify the firing of a teacher...if any?
it seems these days that if anyone wants to do something with their lives they can't have any sort of past.

and it's only going to get worse as technology makes it possible to get a better insight into people's past lives.

it seems that if anyone wants a job in education, entertainment, government or religious affairs as well as medicine, they need to realise at around 3 so they can stay away from pretty much anything that may tarnish their future careers, kinda sad people aren't getting judged on who they are today but what they did in the past.

tsk tsk, humanity...

logansoldcigar said:
did anyone actually read the article? she didnt post the pics, her partner did.
even if she had, she shouldnt have been fired for it, IMO. It aint against the law. (unless, of course, there are contractual clauses that prevent a teacher from doing this, but her statements suggest otherwise).

Know that, or speculating, jonty?

cos it could be easy to speculate and say her partner posted them without her knowledge, and the first she heard was when she got hoofed.
and again, even if she did, so what? its a spot of nudity. The only thing that should actually matter is whether or not she is a good art teacher.

again, it shows how warped the balance in America is getting. Ok to have a movie with a body count, and decapitations, but cant show a pair of boobs.

What are the odds that some high school student is going to peruse some oddly named art site that couldn't really be found with some search engine, and accidentally come across one's art teacher?

It's an unlikely scenario without having some foreknowledge of some kind and there are only two people who could have let others know, the teacher or her partner.

November Rain said:
it seems these days that if anyone wants to do something with their lives they can't have any sort of past.

and it's only going to get worse as technology makes it possible to get a better insight into people's past lives.

it seems that if anyone wants a job in education, entertainment, government or religious affairs as well as medicine, they need to realise at around 3 so they can stay away from pretty much anything that may tarnish their future careers, kinda sad people aren't getting judged on who they are today but what they did in the past.

tsk tsk, humanity...
well would you vote for a former serial rapist/murderer for president? :confused:

This seems pretty ridiculous to me, how does something you've done on your own that doesn't affect students in anyway change you from an excellent teacher to an ineffective teacher. Did her students stop listening to her once they found the website? The district she was working for is trying to revoke her teaching certification, effectively destroying her livelyhood. If she's had problems or complaints as a teacher in the past I could see it, but the article mentions nothing about that. If she did something like had a relationship with a student, bought students alcohol or drugs, then yes, fire her and take away he teaching certificate. However, taking some nude photographs in a private setting that unfortunately ended up on the internet that not right. If she posed for Playboy or something I could see the school wanting some disciplinary action taken, but not for private photos.

FunBobPants said:
well would you vote for a former serial rapist/murderer for president? :confused:

That going a little extreme isn't it? The post led me to believe the type of "anti-social behavior" is more along the lines of trying drugs in college (our current and past president), being in Girls Gone Wild videos (you know the controversy about that will come soon), maybe petty vandalism or theft, nothing major just some stupid kid stuff.

I almost had an affair with a teacher last year.. she wound up being bi-sexual and tried to hook up with me and this other woman at the same time....

however she lived in queens and I wasn't gonna go all the way there..... she did however give me a hand job at the end of the night.... in front of the bar no less.... I got it bad, got it bad, got it bad.... I'm hot for teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"