Highlander Remake

Depends if they give it star treatment and go with cinematography, costumes, and budget, like LOTR or if the go the cheap side, is gonna be awful. Needs to be epic.

This doesn't bother me at all. Highlander was a good movie, but it is not Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's mostly forgotten by some, and not known by many others. It's a cult classic, but a remake could be fantastic for the franchise. The sequels were trainwrecks. The second one screwed up the mythos with ridiculous, laughable crap. Need I say more about the other sequels? The fifth movie that premiered on Sci-Fi channel last year was an abomination. Even the most die hard Duncan MacLeod fan would have to be high off the drugs in order to enjoy it.

I'm all for a remake. :up:

This doesn't bother me at all. Highlander was a good movie, but it is not Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's mostly forgotten by some, and not known by many others. It's a cult classic, but a remake could be fantastic for the franchise. The sequels were trainwrecks. The second one screwed up the mythos with ridiculous, laughable crap. Need I say more about the other sequels? The fifth movie that premiered on Sci-Fi channel last year was an abomination. Even the most die hard Duncan MacLeod fan would have to be high off the drugs in order to enjoy it.

I agree on all counts, Well put.

I'm all for a Highlander Remake but the Iron Man script, at least what made it to the screen, was pretty generic and bland to be honest. Iron Man worked because of the direction and acting, not because of the script. I'm remaining skeptical till I see some stuff based on the talent involved.

In my mind, HIGHLANDER is a B movie. Other than the special effects and the very basic concept, there's very little that's really all that redeeming or creative about it.

Why remake it?

In my mind, HIGHLANDER is a B movie. Other than the special effects and the very basic concept, there's very little that's really all that redeeming or creative about it.

Why remake it?

I think the 'why' is because with a little different imagination to the basic premise, it CAN be a movie that is more well received.

If it's anything like the highlander anime , i'm in :up:

[YT]Jmj5Z70wB4M[/YT]

THE GODDAMN QUEEN MUSIC!

You are probably right, but Highlander has just a special feel about it.

Never liked the original, so...

I agree Highlander is cool, the series took it to a whole other level of cool if you ask me, but there is totally stuff that could be done better. Just so long as they use the Original music by Queen. Freddy Mercury is practically an Immortal himself. Their music is synonymous with Highlander!

Some ways the franchise could be improved with this remake

*A Definite Origin for the Immortals
*A Trilogy where at the end there's a Definite one and end to the game
*We can expand on the powers of Immortals

They're supposed to absorb the strength and knowledge of those whose heads they take, but we never saw this in the series and movies. They never really got stronger or more powerful. I'd like to see this come more into play. Show Immortals using skills they've absorbed from slain immortals (Not unlike Sylar painting like Isaac) or demonstrate Macleod actually using the strength of the 400+ men he's killed.

Then when there's only a handful of immortals left they can start evolving and demonstrating even cooler powers like Telekinesis, teleportation, or something else really sweet.

I always thought that at the end of "The Game" the remaining Immortal would become something akin to a Greek God able to rule the world and usher it into either an age of Never ending Darkness or Glorious Light.

it's too bad they never be able to "remake " sean connery.

too right!

without connery, it will never be as good.

still, a remake gives a chance to produce a concrete origin and will remove any chance of the cock ups that highlander 2 produced.

I'm all for a remake. I want to see who's interested in directing.

I love Sean Connery, but come on... the casting for the original Highlander was just silly. Christopher Lambert was supposed to be a Scotsman, and his accent was terrible, meanwhile Sean Connery is supposed to be Egyptian, yet he speaks with the thickest most genuine Scottish accent ever.

I'd prefer someone who could actually pass for an Egyptian to take the part this time over (unless they scrap the part, or change it to the extent where it doesn't matter).

First Robocop is announced to be remade, now Highlander!!!

STOP REMAKING MY FAVORITE SCI-FI FILMS!!! In fact, stop making movies about them period! Everything after the first Highlander SUCKED! Same goes for Robocop!

I hate all these friggin REMAKES!!! STOP IT!!!

:cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Highlander TV Show. Nuff said.

I hope the execs who greenlight all these damn remakes rot in hell.

I think the 'why' is because with a little different imagination to the basic premise, it CAN be a movie that is more well received.

I don't know. At this point, even the basic ideas sound almost "cliche". I really never thought that even the basic concept was that clever, it's more or less a hodgepodge of other concepts, and it was always absurdly cheesy. The effects were great, but the actual execution of the movies tended to leave something to be desired. I'm not sure making a more "modern" version is a good idea.

Honestly...It cant be worse than the sequels, or that terrible TV show...

I can definitely understand most people being jaded to the idea of remakes, and if "Highlander" had stopped after the first film, I'd agree. But as it stands now, this is maybe THE franchise in most need of a reboot.

The mythology has great potential, and the Highlander story is pretty interesting. Granted, that first movie was great. But it was also seemed to be designed to stop there. Once they moved on to other movies and tv series, everything got messed up. I doubt I could think of another series that has as many plotholes and inconsistancies as "Highlander." So starting over is probably the best thing for it. (Assuming those in creative control want "Highlander" to hang around for a few years. If they're not going to make it more grand and epic, spanning several years/movies, then also, there would be no point in starting over.)

But in terms of trying to make this series last, and most importantly, clean it up and have the mythology make sense, then a reboot is in the best interest for this series and it's fans alike.

All in all, do many people out there even care enough about Highlander to get mad over a remake? And I mean, not because it is yet another remake or that Hollywood has run out of original ideas, but do people actually care that the actual movie is being remade?

I care. I like the tv show. Like it more than the first movie. I don't want this remake to mess up the tv series and the other movies. Make it it's own timeline...don't even include Connor in it.

I care. I like the tv show. Like it more than the first movie. I don't want this remake to mess up the tv series and the other movies. Make it it's own timeline...don't even include Connor in it.

Since it is a remake, a franchise after it would be a reboot. It would not be in the same likeness of any Highlander related mythos before it. The Highlander remake will not only be a remake, but a reboot by default due to a prior franchise existing.

All in all, do many people out there even care enough about Highlander to get mad over a remake? And I mean, not because it is yet another remake or that Hollywood has run out of original ideas, but do people actually care that the actual movie is being remade?

I really did like the first but I'm not worrying about it being remade. They wont be able to truly remake it anyway . I'll regard it as a different take on the characters.

I'm wondering if they will start with Connor and maybe introduce Duncan as well. Or if they go completely new & start their own characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"