• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hip Hop & Rock Music: Could It Hurt FF2's "Epic" Quality?

Maybe a little Prince.I think Purple Rain would fit well.

THE FILE IS TOO BIG FOR PM'S OR EMAILS.....someone would have to do a sharefile and send it that way...

I agree with Spider-Man having some rock music in it, which was played at small intervals during the movie, and one theme over the end credits, which is how FF should be. There is good hip-hop and rock out there, but so long as the lyrics pertain to the movie's theme, I'm good. I don't like songs that are just thrown into a movie because it's the hot thing. I wouldn't mind hearing something by Common or Corinne Bailey Rae in the movie or over the end credits, talking about losing your humanity, or keeping faith or something like that, because that's what the movie's theme may appear to be involving the Surfer. Just so long as it rocks. Spider-Man's ending themes with Nickelback and Dashboard Confessional were basically about heroes and being vindicated, so I don't know.

Possibly in sections....but remember its over 17 minutes of video...

^^ I'm surprised it is not already out there.

.....or is it?

^^ I'm surprised it is not already out there.

.....or is it?

Most of these cut scenes are under 2 or 3 minutes.
I'll bet they pop up on YouTube from time to time...

Everything's on YouTube.
I found my birth video on there, and camcorders weren't even invented when I was born.

That is some website.

Most of these cut scenes are under 2 or 3 minutes.
I'll bet they pop up on YouTube from time to time...

Everything's on YouTube.
I found my birth video on there, and camcorders weren't even invented when I was born.

That is some website.

yeah but those have been out for WAAAAAY over a year, and they have never been on youtube, I check periodically....I would put them on....but I'm computer illiterate.

THE FILE IS TOO BIG FOR PM'S OR EMAILS.....someone would have to do a sharefile and send it that way...
I was meaning a link to where they upload it, not a file attachment in the PM :p

I personally hope the movie is just scored,there can be lighter cues in there for comedy moments and so on,if they use a pop song i hope it's just on Johnny's stereo when he's in his car with his GF

I was meaning a link to where they upload it, not a file attachment in the PM :p

I don't know any of the file share programs people use....

FF had far too much non-score music. It really was distracting. I think they need to lesson it. It should have either no rock music, or treat it like Spider-Man and have a song somewhere in the middle and music during the credits. But it definately needs less than FF.

I've always understood the meaning of secular to be music of a non religous nature. Having said that, I feel that when a movie does have music other than the music written for the soundtrack, that it does tend to stray over into a secular feeling zone for me. I don't always appreciate having someone elses ideal of what is currently hip in the music world forced upon me like what usually happens when I'm waiting for the movie to start while listening to Movie Tracks latest album and artist they're promoting (and usually at a volume a lot louder than I want).

All of this said, I kind of dug the Chris Cornell (or was that the guy who used to sing for the Cult) crazy sounding stuff they did while introducing Johnny's character in the last movie. It can add to a movie and sometimes I find myself getting into something I wouldn't normally listen to but these days I would just as soon have as little of it as possible.

A good soundtrack, I think, can make one feel without putting in this week's hot new artist.

that does nothing for me......I am "computer illiterate" and proud of it......:oldrazz:

You're smart though and anyone could upload to those things,it's all spelled out on their page:cwink:

I've always understood the meaning of secular to be music of a non religous nature. Having said that, I feel that when a movie does have music other than the music written for the soundtrack, that it does tend to stray over into a secular feeling zone for me. I don't always appreciate having someone elses ideal of what is currently hip in the music world forced upon me like what usually happens when I'm waiting for the movie to start while listening to Movie Tracks latest album and artist they're promoting (and usually at a volume a lot louder than I want).

All of this said, I kind of dug the Chris Cornell (or was that the guy who used to sing for the Cult) crazy sounding stuff they did while introducing Johnny's character in the last movie. It can add to a movie and sometimes I find myself getting into something I wouldn't normally listen to but these days I would just as soon have as little of it as possible.

A good soundtrack, I think, can make one feel without putting in this week's hot new artist.

Also means....

occurring or celebrated once in an age or century ( as in pop music, etc, as opposed to music that has moved from century to century, such as orchestrated music....)

You're smart though and anyone could upload to those things,it's all spelled out on their page:cwink:

I put this into the category of "learning how to change my oil".....I know that I'm smart enough.....I just have no desire......:o

Pop music dates films. It's ok to use specific music as period or mood pieces (as Tarantino does, for example), but please, please, puh-lease don't ever let me have to listen to another nu-metal, emo, hip-pop chart orientated soundtrack again, for the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia!!

I think that most poular music should be limited to lending to a scene. A club, a concert, or a party, sporting competitions (X-games from the first film); other than that it tends to make the movie come across hokie and a bit like a television show and not like an epic film. Of course there will be times when a character listens to a favorite song or something and then it works fine as well.

I think that above all else, Ottman's SCORE should dominate the most. The audience should walk away from the theatre humming that motif--something they weren't able to do the first time because it got lost in the sea of pop/rap music interludes.

I think that above all else, Ottman's SCORE should dominate the most. The audience should walk away from the theatre humming that motif--something they weren't able to do the first time because it got lost in the sea of pop/rap music interludes.

I agree with everything except that.....if you put all of the pop/rap music interludes, I would bet $$$$$ that they do not last more than 5 minutes of the actual movie time, if that much....

To me his score got lost in the editing of the movie.....just as the bookend scenes were cut in 2, nothing that was started every really ended including his score.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"