Hip Hop & Rock Music: Could It Hurt FF2's "Epic" Quality?

I really, REALLY hope they'll let John Ottman edit this film this time. Let's pray he does. He did a splendid job with X2 and Superman Returns and sewed the music in seamlessly.

I really, REALLY hope they'll let John Ottman edit this film this time. Let's pray he does. He did a splendid job with X2 and Superman Returns and sewed the music in seamlessly.

You wanna bet money?????????

I bet they "don't"......

No, I have no money. My moderator's check is net 90 right now...

Well, let me go on record now and say that if William Hoy edits FF2 hundreds of young furry animals will be put to death...and shipped to FOX in shoebox coffins. :cmad:

Heres the thing about Hoy.......I don't know that he has complete control.....I look at his filmography and it is excellent.....I do not see how someone of his talent could have put together such dribble......I just don't see it.....but I was pissed about it.....lol

Well, the end result was the worst hack job I have ever seen on a Marvel film. There were way too many double-takes (like when Sue erects a forcefield for the first time on the Bridge, etc.,). And the musical score suffered the most.

Just...deplorable. :down

Well, the end result was the worst hack job I have ever seen on a Marvel film. There were way too many double-takes (like when Sue erects a forcefield for the first time on the Bridge, etc.,). And the musical score suffered the most.

Just...deplorable. :down

Probably because they had to go back....rebuild part of the bridge....in the Spring.....and do some additional photography.....BAD direction, BAD organization, BAD editing.....just as they had to do AGAIN for the finale scene.....as they had to do IN APRIL for the Sue/Reed Liberty scene....just as the had to do additional photography for the montage silly music so we could see ONE MORE TIME what an ass Johnny can be to Ben and have them sit around a table together because somehow the family aspect had been forgotten throughout the freakin movie....so lets throw in a family breakfast at the last minute.....

I could go on....but I'm getting irritated.....lol:o

As far as the scene you described....not sure I saw a problem with that, but I do believe it was one of the additional photography scenes done after the fact....

Probably because they had to go back....rebuild part of the bridge....in the Spring.....and do some additional photography.....BAD direction, BAD organization, BAD editing.....

Are you saying it was BAD? LOL :D

As far as the scene you described....not sure I saw a problem with that, but I do believe it was one of the additional photography scenes done after the fact....

No, it was just a number of sequences where things were done twice. Like when she closed that book of memories in Reed's guest room.

The editing was just so weird in some places. For example, when the Four engage Doom in NYC, he fires a blast at Johnny and Ben, taking them out. Then something happens where a metal object blows off a streetlight or something, and Sue reaches out with a forcefield to do something. Something blue (I'm assuming energy) flies across the screen, but the object goes careening over a woman's head, and the woman screams...even though she's nowhere near it. You have to pause it just to catch it. To this day I still don't know what Invisible Woman was trying to accomplish there....it seems like her field would've missed that object by several yards. :whatever:

Weird and sloppy.

Are you saying it was BAD? LOL :D

No, it was just a number of sequences where things were done twice. Like when she closed that book of memories in Reed's guest room.

The editing was just so weird in some places. For example, when the Four engage Doom in NYC, he fires a blast at Johnny and Ben, taking them out. Then something happens where a metal object blows off a streetlight or something, and Sue reaches out with a forcefield to do something. Something blue (I'm assuming energy) flies across the screen, but the object goes careening over a woman's head, and the woman screams...even though she's nowhere near it. You have to pause it just to catch it. To this day I still don't know what Invisible Woman was trying to accomplish there....it seems like her field would've missed that object by several yards. :whatever:

Weird and sloppy.

I'm not going to dispute any of your examples, except to say what I saw....lol.....I didn't see any problems with those.....the electricity was going and bouncing off of everywhere....I don't remember him shooting a specific bolt at Ben, but I do remember him shooting a bolt off that hit a lamp post and sent part of it flying towards a woman (not over her head) Sue saved it from hitting her by hitting it with her forcefield before it got to her....and right before that he sent one directly at Chris which hit the mark....as well as sending one directly at Sue later, and sustaining that one until Reed had to step in....so I'm not sure what the problem was there....but ok.....

The editing problems with me were simply full on cuts of the storyline as a whole......

Well, I thought that it would depend on each Character myself.

I liked the First FF soundtrack. i bough the cd. But hey i'm totally different in opinions then everyone else on here though.

Normally i prefer for there to not be any because it can date the movie and dumb it down. But if the score can't enhance a scene then a really good song can.It's been proven in various other movies that a song can do that.(Example Terminator 2).

Hopefully though this time around Ottman is allowed to weave his magic.

I'll say yes because I think the Hiphop/Rock music make it cooler.
and I'll say no because I think it makes it more epic.
So I answered maybe in the poll. It's great either way.
Can't wait to see this movie!!!!!!

i dont mind as long as they have 'what a wonderful world' by louis armstrong-it would go well with surfer...

i don't mind the secular music, but at least try and keep it kind of timeless. like in ghost rider, for example, it used a few older songs 'crazy train', 'who do you love', and it worked pretty well... but using fitty cent in your movie is always a bad decision. it'll age the movie considerably.

so, yeah, go for it, tim, use the secular music, but please, keep it tasteful, hm? not the 'hip track' du jour.

I think contemporary music works with the fantastic four because they're such public figures. They're as much celebrities as they are superheroes, and are somewhat lumped in with pop culture in the context of their reality. Surely the wedding of Sue and Reed will be depicted as a big social event covered by the media, like any other celebrity wedding. The film should reflect that in the music it chooses. Not to take away from the epic tone of a theatrical score.

My hope is that even if they don't do detailed credits at the beginning of the film (i.e. showing all the cast and crew names), we'll at least get a more epic build-up to the title card, playing the full main theme and whatnot.

Only on Johnny scene's...should work better with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"