Holy schnikey! Darth Vader and Yoda in Soulcalibur IV!

Damn! I want Vader not Yoda! He better be downloadable later.
I might pick this up if they got any other cool characters.

It was James Earl Jones that made Vader cool, and that's what matters.

This is crap, I hope this is some kind of cruel joke and that both consoles get both characters.

They'll probably get them eventually... For a price.

When did I miss the memo that says Vader is cooler than Yoda? Yoda's the $h!7.

Yoda is not hardcore... he's a little mysterious elfin-style advisor at best. He's comic relief in the style of... Master Roshi or Uncle Iroh, y'know, anime-style. Even if he is the most powerful Jedi over the 900-year span of his lifetime.

Vader is the punultimate movie villain. There's really nothing that could compare to that. Maybe if 360 had Yoda AND Darth Maul it wouldn't be so bad... but it is. Oh, and as far as fighting games are concerned, Vader is from the original trilogy and Yoda is from the prequels... and Orig 3 > Prequels.

That said, this IS Random, and while it will be fun as heck to play, I hate it when lightsabers get blocked by something other than lightsabers... it's insane.

Maybe Yoda and Vader's lightsabers are low on batteries.

Why oh why do I not know anyone with a PS3...Yoda's cool and all, but Vader's Vader.

It would be awesome if Team Soul did a Star Wars fighting game. As much as I love Soul Calibur, the fighting game genre really needs to be opened up a bit. A Star Wars fighting game with Soul Calibur's gameplay mechanics would do wonders at bringing mainstream gamers back to the fighting game genre.

Right now, fighters are played by mostly hardcore gamers. It's a genre where you pick a character (or two, if you're really hardcore), and get really good at kicking butts with them. And for Joe casual, it's hard to get into a fighter when all the characters are foreign to them, and the story is a convoluted mess that no-one can even attempt to figure out. If you dressed one up with an accessible IP like Star Wars though, it could potentially do for the fighting game genre what Halo did for the shooter genre. Lots of characters that everyone likes, right out of the gate, plus an attractive headline for the box with a story that you can actually follow.

Maybe using Star Wars characters in SCIV is the perfect opportunity to "test the waters" for such a game. If everyone loves playing as Vader and Yoda, I imagine Namco would be at least a little interested in making a game with an entire roster of SW characters.

Timstuff you hit the damn nail every time.

Hopefully we won't turn this into a ******ed fanboy battle.
Yoda is awesome, Vader is awesome.
I want to play as them both.

PAC-MAN is on the game too...

Ok, that´s only a rumor from Kotaku, but the thing is, when Katsutoshi Sasaki (Soul series director), was asked what Namco Bandai character Sasaki would like to have seen in the game, his answer was the Pacdude, with the only thing holding him back from a SC IV guest appearance is that Pac-Man doesn't have a weapon.

That said, it can happen....

Maybe someone could use a giant metal "frisbee-sheild-chomper" weapon that vaguely resembles the iconic image of Pacman chomping.

I liked this right up until system exclusive characters. Star Wars characters will increase the sales of this game to no end. Every Star Wars fanboy will buy a copy of this game. System exclusive characters is a sadistic, sick way of getting them to buy 2 copies of the game.

ROTFLOL, that would be awesome.

Well, it looks like us PS blokes are getting the better end of the stick with SC4. I'd much rather have Vader than Yoda (but I wish I could have them both, ARGH!) and also everyone and their grandma knows that the PS3 controller spanks the Xbox 360's for fighting games. But hopefully they'll let you download the other system's exclusive character later, because just because Vader is better doesn't mean I don't want Yoda too, and I'm sure that there are plenty of poor souls without PS3s who feel the same way about not having Vader.
Oh yeah Id much rather have Vader than Yoda. Last time around, the Xbox got the better deal than teh PS2. They got Spawn instead of Heiachai who was already playable in teh Tekken games. Vader should be interesting

Heiachi may not have been that interesting of a bonus character, but in terms of gameplay balance, everyone said that he was the best. The everyone knows that Link, Spawn, and Necrid (who no-one ever wanted to use anyway, LOL) were off-balance compared to the rest of the roster, so the PS2 version quickly became the favorite of SC purists.

Hopefully, Soul Calibur IV has better balance than SC3, because that was a major problem last time. And I really hope that they don't end up making Darth Vader and Yoda ridiculously un-balanced just because they're guest characters, because better gameplay balance was one of the big things Namco was promising this time around.

Yea I'm probably getting this game just for Yoda and Darth Vader

Heiachi may not have been that interesting of a bonus character, but in terms of gameplay balance, everyone said that he was the best. The everyone knows that Link, Spawn, and Necrid (who no-one ever wanted to use anyway, LOL) were off-balance compared to the rest of the roster, so the PS2 version quickly became the favorite of SC purists.

Hopefully, Soul Calibur IV has better balance than SC3, because that was a major problem last time. And I really hope that they don't end up making Darth Vader and Yoda ridiculously un-balanced just because they're guest characters, because better gameplay balance was one of the big things Namco was promising this time around.
I dont even want to get into how much of a letdown SC3 was. That one needs to be forgotten

I dont even want to get into how much of a letdown SC3 was. That one needs to be forgotten

Man what a jip! First I get screwed over with not getting Link or Spawn because I had a PS2 (if I wanted Heihachi, I'd play him in Tekken dammit:cmad: ), now that I get a 360 Darth Vader's going exclusive to PS3!

WTF!?!?:cmad: Guess I won't be getting this game after all.

this news is ****ing incedible....

just ****ing incredible...

the only problem is the realistic portrayals of lightsabres hitting other weapons...

ooo, i can't wait to see what the soul calibur perfect weapons varients of lightsabres are going to be...

Heihachi was awesome in SC2, a bit better than Link and 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than Spawn (worst comicbook character ever).

lol

20080111rv0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"