Homeland producers re-team for FX's "Tyrant"

Next week is the finale; I'm scared because I have a feeling we won't get another season. *Fingers crossed*

Molly needs to die. Never liked her..hate her even more now. The whole premise of the show is about what being in that position does to a person, so I don't see this as having a happy ending for Bassam. It's sad seeing what has become of his and Deliyah's relationship considering what they went through in the dessert last season.

The only one I see surviving this is his son, Sammy.

‘Tyrant’ Cancelled After Season 3 by FX

FX has cancelled “Tyrant” after three seasons, with the show set to conclude after tonight’s Season 3 finale, the cable network announced Wednesday.

“It’s very difficult to find common ground with other people whose stories we do not know or understand,” said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Productions. “The creators of ‘Tyrant’ have done their utmost over three seasons to tell American audiences a tiny fraction of the many gripping, human stories coursing through the Middle East today. We want to thank Howard Gordon, Chris Keyser and their talented team of collaborators, including all the writers, directors, cast and crew, as well as our studio partners at Fox 21 Television Studios, for taking on ‘Tyrant’s’ tremendously ambitious story with such profound dedication and respect.”

Figures. Series finale tonight it is then.

Oh well. Not even going to bother with the last episode.

Not sure how I feel about the finale. One could see the events as sort of a cliffhanger, but it could be looked at as a loose finale as the events to follow were basically laid out by Deliyah and the CIA woman in Deliyah's cell:

The war would go on for years, Deliyah may eventually get freed via Fauzi/Twitter, Sammy's f'ed up, Leila would eventually be accepted as President, the General gets court Martialed.

The only thing I hated was that we didn't get to see Molly die. The scene where she sexually assaults Bassam (yes, forcing someone to have sex with you via coercion, etc is sexual assault) was gross. I don't know how Bassam was able to 'perform' under those circumstances. :(

Last edited:
Would have liked it if everyone had died except a cold hearted, miserable Bassam. Ending it with him getting his own portrait along aside that of his father and brother was nearly perfect.

Last edited:
As a series finale not satisfying in the least but as a season finale it was good. Basam is a tyrant but he's also trapped in this situation as much as anyone else. Kinda frames this situation very different than I'd ever imagine prior.

The ending was definitely not what I envisioned for the show. I wanted Barry to become the Tyant only to realize what a mistake it was at the end. It should have been a middle eastern Breaking Bad.

I wanted him to go full despot. No redemption. Just a gradual slip into cruel tyrannical king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"