Homeland producers re-team for FX's "Tyrant"

So Jamal has no sons, at all. Well, that came out of nowhere. Rami's mother lied and Ahmed is Bassam's.

Surprised to see Molly awake in the previews after downing all those pills. Poor Molly. Poor Emma's corpse.

I don't like this new development of Jamal having no sons. It makes all the stuff with Rami seem so pointless now. And the way they offed him so quickly sucked. I really liked his character.

Wait, Rami was not Jamal's son? When did they reveal this?

Just moments before Leila told Ahmed that Bassam was his dad. She said there was something wrong with Jamal's sperm. So there was no way Rami was Jamal's and his (Rami's) mother was lying for some reason.

Even if he did have slow sperm or some condition Rami could still be his.

giphy.gif

Even if Rami wasnt his, it doesnt mean Rami's mom was lying. She may not have known Rami wasnt Jamal's.

I must have missed that part. Looking forward to seeing some Bassam/Ahmed interaction now, especially now that Ahmed knows. To be honest, I'm kind of surprised they never moved along the Bassam and Leila subplot they introduced back in season 1. Instead of introducing Daliyah as the "other woman", they could have just had Leila fill that role.

So after a year of build-up they finally did the thing. It was nice, but poor Fozy, he got friend zoned.

Damn right he gets friend zoned. He just met her. lol. Gotta put in work like Bassam.

Well damn, Fauzi moves quick. Marriage proposal then dinner. Poor dude's got it backwards. lol

Bassam should have handled the Al-Qadi situation differently. After his near brush with death there was a good chance he was ready to speak against the caliphate. Oh well.

I can see why every guy that comes around Deliyah falls for her. She basically embodies all the qualities that men find attractive in a woman; kind hearted, smart, passionate, and beautiful. I hope that once Fauzi finds out that Bassam and her are an item, he doesn't feel betrayed and turn on them. When Molly returns….oh boy!

Last edited:
Hopefully Molly gets killed off soon. As far as characters go she is dead weight. Same with her love sick son. Knock em both off at the same time.

Yeah Molly has to go, she hasn't been relavent since the first season.

Molly seems to be the one that has turned into a Tyrant, as she's the one pushing Basaam towards all out war, out of guilt. I understand why, but still.

Deliyah; I feel that Basaam may have just driven her into the arms (and bed) of Fauzi. :( You really want to see Basaam and Deliyah's relationship work as they seem made for each other; but happy endings isn't what this show is about.

And, is anyone else creeped out by the relationship between Leila and the general? It just seems too forced and weird. Everytime they're on screen I'm like :barf:

Wow Basam has become a Tyrant, Molly is going to kill Deliyah.

Was not expecting Molly's return to have that kind of an impact on Basam, the tyrant.

I felt like they kind of rushed it. I think they knew season 3 is probably it.

Yeah, I can't see this getting another season..even though I would like it to.

Yeah, I can't see this getting another season..even though I would like it to.

Same. I don't know how the ratings are but I feel like it's one of the least watched shows on FX right now.

Yeah I believe the series has ran it's course and will come full circle with Basam ultimately becoming his father/brother.

I would like to get a point of view from the American side of things. Everything feels so isolated. We've never gotten a view of how Barry's patients, friends and family in the states have felt about what he's become....

Wow, Molly has become the real tyrant here. Barry still feels guilt over what he's doing. I think someone close to him has to die for him to go full tyrant. Maybe Sammy gets caught in the crossfire then Barry becomes worse than his father and brother combined.

The way Daliyah kept going on about how Bassam wouldn't ever hurt her. I was expecting her to die by his hands or by Molly's before Bassam walked in. Maybe next week.

Makes sense for the U.S. to back Bassam. Better president than any of the candidates to handle the caliphate threat and put fear into nearby regions. That U.S. general is a moron thinking with the wrong head. Hope he dies soon.

While I watched this past episode I had a horrible feeling in my gut. It's so sad seeing a man with the best of intentions becoming what he always hated. Even if Molly is the true cancer here like Basam said he's the president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"