Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

The studio is teasing about the third game. It's going to follow on from Burning Shores with Seyka and Aloy's other companions and hopefully Sylens although without Lance Riddick, he would not be the same.
Yeah, just saw that. I want the franchise to continue long term, and the next game can really challenge game visuals if Burning Shore is anything to go by. Such a shame Riddick can’t be part of it. :csad:

Guerilla Games confirms Horizon 3 - Xfire

The DLC ends with him making plans for what I presume will be the first act/half of the next game, which felt very sad now.

The studio is teasing about the third game. It's going to follow on from Burning Shores with Seyka and Aloy's other companions and hopefully Sylens although without Lance Riddick, he would not be the same.

Yeah, just saw that. I want the franchise to continue long term, and the next game can really challenge game visuals if Burning Shore is anything to go by. Such a shame Riddick can’t be part of it. :csad:

Guerilla Games confirms Horizon 3 - Xfire
It's always kind of a slippery slope when it comes to recasting voice actors who've passed away but this is an even trickier situation given Sylens is modeled after Reddick as well. It all depends how they want to continue the story but even if Reddick's family gave their blessing, it would still feel really weird hearing a sound-alike voice coming from Sylens.

It's always kind of a slippery slope when it comes to recasting voice actors who've passed away but this is an even trickier situation given Sylens is modeled after Reddick as well. It all depends how they want to continue the story but even if Reddick's family gave their blessing, it would still feel really weird hearing a sound-alike voice coming from Sylens.
If the family give their blessing and assuming they would have some idea what he would have wanted, then that’s enough for me. It will be sad nonetheless but I would then want it to happen, and I very much doubt Guerilla would put out anything that wasn’t high quality to represent the character, more so in these circumstances.

Yeah, I do not envy Guerilla on this, they've got too much built around Sylens for them to just write him out without it feeling forced, and given that the other main characters feelings towards him can at best be described as tolerating him it would probably feel hollow to put much emotional weight behind an off screen exit, recasting is probably their best option on this, as messy as that would be considering the character has Reddick's face.

Last edited:
I’m enjoying this Seyka character. Would be cool if she is around long term.

They do. There is nothing else going on in their lives but to review bomb a game they did not play because they are spiteful and unloved little trolls.

Apparently metacritic will be making changes as a result of this. I read something earlier in the day about it.

This was me last night still on a victory lap after beating Tears of the Kingdom until I remembered that I haven't played Burning Shores yet.

squidward-eyes-open-t34gii.gif

I've been reacquainting myself with Horizon before jumping into the DLC story but coming off of TOTK I don't know what's more hilarious, readjusting to the chonky PS5 controller after playing the Switch for the past month or thinking everything is climbable and hilariously failing. :o

This was me last night still on a victory lap after beating Tears of the Kingdom until I remembered that I haven't played Burning Shores yet.

squidward-eyes-open-t34gii.gif

I've been reacquainting myself with Horizon before jumping into the DLC story but coming off of TOTK I don't know what's more hilarious, readjusting to the chonky PS5 controller after playing the Switch for the past month or thinking everything is climbable and hilariously failing. :o
Haha, that's kind of hilarious. I want to try playing in this order now lol. I hope you enjoy Burning Shores mate, it's got beautiful visuals.

Haha, that's kind of hilarious. I want to try playing in this order now lol. I hope you enjoy Burning Shores mate, it's got beautiful visuals.
Thanks Ice! I'm impressed by what I'm seeing so far.

I just finished all of the Burning Shores main missions which I thoroughly enjoyed. Funny enough, I think I liked the final battle here better than the main game.

I just finished all of the Burning Shores main missions which I thoroughly enjoyed. Funny enough, I think I liked the final battle here better than the main game.
Burning Shores has me adamant we need a Horizon 3 and offers some clues how much better it can be even than FW. I like studios being able to have multiple IPs for variety, but I (a bit selfishly) wouldn't mind if they ploughed right on ahead with Horizon (feel same with Santa Monica and GoW). On the other hand Naughty Dog have put out amazing The Last of Us games, but it means far fewer Uncharted games for me (again being selfish).

TLOU3 has to happen and I do have interest in the suggested fantasy game from ND, but Uncharted was one of my overall favourites with GoW and Horizon is pretty much joining that group if the third game matches my expectations. Maybe it would be for the best if these studios expanded significantly so they could put out my favourite games regularly as well as tackle new IPs (ie base their whole strategy around me :funny: ).

Horizon 1 Dlc: Frozen Wilds
Horizon 2 Dlc: Burning Shores

I just can predict Horizon 3 dlc will be Earth or Air related.

Burning Shores has me adamant we need a Horizon 3 and offers some clues how much better it can be even than FW. I like studios being able to have multiple IPs for variety, but I (a bit selfishly) wouldn't mind if they ploughed right on ahead with Horizon (feel same with Santa Monica and GoW). On the other hand Naughty Dog have put out amazing The Last of Us games, but it means far fewer Uncharted games for me (again being selfish).

TLOU3 has to happen and I do have interest in the suggested fantasy game from ND, but Uncharted was one of my overall favourites with GoW and Horizon is pretty much joining that group if the third game matches my expectations. Maybe it would be for the best if these studios expanded significantly so they could put out my favourite games regularly as well as tackle new IPs (ie base their whole strategy around me :funny: ).
I think Horizon 3 is basically a guarantee, losing Lance Reddick is a big hit though.
Horizon 1 Dlc: Frozen Wilds
Horizon 2 Dlc: Burning Shores

I just can predict Horizon 3 dlc will be Earth or Air related.
I can see them taking a page out of Breath of the Wild's book and going to the sky in the third game.

Nice. Do you think it will be Guerilla's next game?
Most likely. The Horizon series has been their only output for the past six years and with Forbidden West and Burning Shores setting the stage for another game I can't see them breaking the trend just yet.

Most likely. The Horizon series has been their only output for the past six years and with Forbidden West and Burning Shores setting the stage for another game I can't see them breaking the trend just yet.
Excellent! The next game I guess would be right at the end of this gen when they could fully be utilising the tech. It's going to look amazing!

I think Horizon 3 is basically a guarantee, losing Lance Reddick is a big hit though.

I can see them taking a page out of Breath of the Wild's book and going to the sky in the third game.
Horizon III: Prohibited East - Whirlwind Views

Excellent! The next game I guess would be right at the end of this gen when they could fully be utilising the tech. It's going to look amazing!
It could be a launch game for the PlayStation 6 in Q4 of 2028. Though it will be long siX years since Forbidden West's release.

It could be a launch game for the PlayStation 6 in Q4 of 2028. Though it will be long siX years since Forbidden West's release.
Shame games take to so long nowadays but sure it will be worth the wait. What was the gap with ZD & FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"