Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

Last edited:

I was hoping for a water transport and this looks perfect.

I wouldn't expect more. The last game got one DLC addition, so stands to reason this is the end for this game and then moving onto the third.

I wouldn't expect more. The last game got one DLC addition, so stands to reason this is the end for this game and then moving onto the third.
Oh well, look forward to 5 years time then. :o

Can’t imagine how good the next Horizon might look at the end of this gen or the start of the new one. It’s got some of the best-looking locations in any games.

Hopefully the third game comes out before Ps6.

I still don't have a ps5 but I would like more ps5 games when I get to have it.

Hopefully the third game comes out before Ps6.

I still don't have a ps5 but I would like more ps5 games when I get to have it.
When are you planning to get a PS5 roughly? Feels like it will be touch and go which generation it will land in. If it happens to be a launch game for the PS6 it might be cross gen with PS5 too.

When are you planning to get a PS5 roughly? Feels like it will be touch and go which generation it will land in. If it happens to be a launch game for the PS6 it might be cross gen with PS5 too.
End of the year or neXt year. I'm still using my ps4 every day and my wishlist for ps5 games is literally in single digit. A Ps5 would just collect dust as I still don't have a lot of games to play with it and I have no intention of transferring my files there since my ps4 has no problem yet.

I feel like I'm already gonna buy some cross gen games for my ps4 (though I already have a ps5 game since it was cheap) and just save the current gen games for Ps5 later on, when they are much cheaper. Horizon 2 without the DLC is still $70 dollars which is too much for me.

Looks like the dlc is bringing some good additions. More ambitious than Frozen Wilds by the looks of it.

End of the year or neXt year. I'm still using my ps4 every day and my wishlist for ps5 games is literally in single digit. A Ps5 would just collect dust as I still don't have a lot of games to play with it and I have no intention of transferring my files there since my ps4 has no problem yet.

I feel like I'm already gonna buy some cross gen games for my ps4 (though I already have a ps5 game since it was cheap) and just save the current gen games for Ps5 later on, when they are much cheaper. Horizon 2 without the DLC is still $70 dollars which is too much for me.

As far as cross gens go, I wouldn't reccommend Forbidden West on ps4. I found its performance playable but noticeably limited in places. GoW was flawless on ps4 though. If you're thinking about that one I'd say go for it.

Looks like the dlc is bringing some good additions. More ambitious than Frozen Wilds by the looks of it.

As far as cross gens go, I wouldn't reccommend Forbidden West on ps4. I found its performance playable but noticeably limited in places. GoW was flawless on ps4 though. If you're thinking about that one I'd say go for it.
The cross gen games I plan to buy these upcoming weeks are Miles Morales, Guardians of the GalaXy and Resident Evil Village. I just want to remove 2020/21 games from my wishlist and those 3 are the remaining ones. I'm not sure if those 3 games have a free ps5 upgrade, though its unlikely I'd play them with a ps5 but who knows. I didn't replay Spider-Man 2018/Horizon zero dawn/Re7 after I finished playing them.

I wasn't planning to buy them without a ps5 but I'm currently playing remastered version of ps3 games (La noire/Mass Effect trilogy, and later on the ps2 gta trilogy) in the ps4. So it is making me itch to play a game with modern graphiX. And those 3 cross gen games are pretty short (from what I read) for me to buy a ps5.

I'm not gonna buy Forbidden West for the ps4 as I know dlc is eXclusive to ps5. And I'm waiting for a Complete Edition. I think I got the Complete Edition of Zero dawn back in 2019 and it was pretty cheap and ìt already has a PlayStation hits banner on the boX-art. So I just need to patient with these newer games.

I'd save Ragnarök for the ps5 unless the ps4 version suddenly becomes cheap. I got God of War 2018/Spider-Man 2018 at the same time, 2 games for 40 dollars, and that was a very good deal. Sony had state of play sale that week.

Last edited:
For these premium games I’d only want to experience them on the latest console.

Surprising no one that played the first two games, where there are two people that share Aloy's identical DNA:

And yet, the internet will still be bigoted and act like this is some sort of twist. :rolleyes:

Twitter is failing to load for me but I knew the first 10 seconds what this "twist" is going to be and I'm 10 minutes into the game. They couldn't have made it any more obvious.

Surprising no one that played the first two games, where there are two people that share Aloy's identical DNA:

And yet, the internet will still be bigoted and act like this is some sort of twist. :rolleyes:

I want them to see this and freak out:

Kratos looking up at that tweet like:

InsistentOrderlyGallinule-max-1mb.gif

Unsurprisingly given I loved the base game, I've had a great time with the DLC. Wrapped up the main story and side quests but not all the other side things to do. Seyka's a great addition to the cast and I had a lot of fun with the boss fight.

I had kinda figured they wouldn't just because I don't like getting my hopes up for things but waking up one morning to learn it was banned in UAE and Russia, with a featurette talking about love, I was feeling pretty good about it. So that's nice. I did find a very funny response about how they shouldn't have done it because it got banned in some countries. Think that might be the fault of the governments. :o

The DLC is on my "to play" list but I probably won't get around to it until later this summer after Jedi: Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom, among some other games I'm still finishing up. Glad to hear it's good, Snow. :up:

One thing I rather enjoyed here was how they handled the villain. I think they've had a bit of a mixed bag prior, with the first game's villains being one of the weakest aspects (Hades is cool, but he's less a character than a presence) and the second one having a really solid ending villain in my opinion, but they hide too much of their interesting character elements behind dialogue wheels. Here, while you can have some dialogue wheels with other characters about them, I think they do a better job weaving their characterization through their scenes and letting you see how they work despite a more limited screentime. Also, a casting choice I'm always delighted to hear when they appear in things.

I had a hard time getting properly into Forbidden West. Am I missing out? What do people on here think of the game, in general and compared to the first one?

Aloy had too much chemistry with Petra and Talanah for me to consider this a twist.

Not to expose myself as an old "typical" male, but in my day a straight guy would have 0 problems with two girls kissing. I am legitimately confused by angry gamer types.

The angry types are mad mostly because they feel like the world is not all about them and them alone. How dare there be anything besides straight white males in their teens and early 20's who get an occasional focus?

The studio is teasing about the third game. It's going to follow on from Burning Shores with Seyka and Aloy's other companions and hopefully Sylens although without Lance Riddick, he would not be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"