Playstation Insomniac's Wolverine

1048.... I wonder how they come up with numbers (comics/and other Marvel projects). Its not like as if we have seen 1047 realities before the 2018 Spider-Man game.

1048.... I wonder how they come up with numbers (comics/and other Marvel projects). Its not like as if we have seen 1047 realities before the 2018 Spider-Man game.

I dont know if Marvel even has a set number of universes...seems super random the number.
Would love to hear how they came up with the number, if its just randomly choosen or if there is a reason for it.

I am assuming that they aren't going to do open world, but they could give him a bike (that he stole from Cyclops)
You’re probably right. It’ll be like Uncharted. The thing is Wolverine doesn’t use any kind of projectile weapon so will be interesting how they also do combat

I'm positive we will be able to ride a bike in the game. I just hope we can see something from this game soon.

I wonder how traversal will work. Is he just going to walk or run everywhere?

I am assuming that they aren't going to do open world, but they could give him a bike (that he stole from Cyclops)

You’re probably right. It’ll be like Uncharted. The thing is Wolverine doesn’t use any kind of projectile weapon so will be interesting how they also do combat
I can see them making it similar to Uncharted 4 or The Last of Us Part 2. Mostly linear levels but a few of them of them containing bigger maps to explore with a motorcycle. If the whole game took place in one location I would prefer if they took a Days Gone route where Logan has a bike the whole time but somehow I don't see that happening.

I dont know if Marvel even has a set number of universes...seems super random the number.
Would love to hear how they came up with the number, if its just randomly choosen or if there is a reason for it.
I was wondering that myself. Maybe 1048 is/was an address for Insomniac Games and that's how the number was chosen?

My immediate assumption is actually that Wolverine's "world" could actually be similar to something like Deus Ex games, particularly the first and Human Revolution off the top of my head. Rather than having a giant open space, you have a series of smaller hubs which you can easily travel on foot. It'd track with Wolverine's more drifter-esque characteristics. New York and Japan are obvious picks.

Madripoor, Japan and Canada seem more likely settings to me than NYC since Insomniac already set three Spider-Man games there.

I wonder how traversal will work. Is he just going to walk or run everywhere?
With Batman and Spider-Man, traversal is much more natural and in-character and part of the fun, so an open world game can work well. Wolverine uses a bike in the comics but it's not a big enough part of him for me to want to spend tons of time on the bike compared to swinging around a city as Bats and Spidey or using dedicated Bat-vehicles.

Madripoor, Japan and Canada seem more likely settings to me than NYC since Insomniac already set three Spider-Man games there.
Yeah, got to have those 3. Save NY for if he crosses over or cameos with Spidey down the line.

With Batman and Spider-Man, traversal is much more natural and in-character and part of the fun, so an open world game can work well. Wolverine uses a bike in the comics but it's not a big enough part of him for me to want to spend tons of time on the bike compared to swinging around a city as Bats and Spidey or using dedicated Bat-vehicles.
True. Unlike the novelty of exploring an open world as Batman or Spider-Man with their unique skills of gliding/grappling or web swinging, riding around an open world on a motorcycle is something we've been accustomed to in games for over 20 years now. It's also not something that's 100% necessary. For a Ghost Rider game, sure, but not Wolverine.

True. Unlike the novelty of exploring an open world as Batman or Spider-Man with their unique skills of gliding/grappling or web swinging, riding around an open world on a motorcycle is something we've been accustomed to in games for over 20 years now. It's also not something that's 100% necessary. For a Ghost Rider game, sure, but not Wolverine.
Exactly, you get what I was trying to say - Ghost Rider's bike is much. more important to his lore so I'm happy for that to be used a lot. I don't want too much of a game to be in something that isn't a big part of a character and almost feels like it could easily be a part of another game like Far Cry or Ghost Recon. So I expect the Wolverine world to be smaller or just have fast travel to get between some important locations.

1 year after Spider-Man 2 would be great, especially if the game turns out great.

I hope this game will eventually lead to a Marvel's X-Men, instead of a Marvel's Wolverine 2.

:xmen:

1 year after Spider-Man 2 would be great, especially if the game turns out great.

I hope this game will eventually lead to a Marvel's X-Men, instead of a Marvel's Wolverine 2.

:xmen:
No idea how Insomniac do it, especially while so many other studios got so affected by the pandemic. Crazy rate of production while maintaining high quality.

I want a high quality X-Men game most of all. Not sure who would be best suited to take that on as it would need to be quite different with tons of playable characters.

I wonder what other characters we could see in it. Yukio?

Last edited:
No idea how Insomniac do it, especially while so many other studios got so affected by the pandemic. Crazy rate of production while maintaining high quality.

I want a high quality X-Men game most of all. Not sure who would be best suited to take that on as it would need to be quite different with tons of playable characters.
I think 8 playable characters would be a good number. I know that sounds a lot for some, but considering how big the X-Men team is, 8 aren't that many. Unless each playable character has 40 skills/features/costumes, I think it could be done. I'm fine with each character having 10 distinct skills/moves + 4 alternative costumes.

I still remember how X-Men The Official Game only had 3 playable characters and it felt so limiting compare to X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

Crazy X-Men The Official Game which came out when i was a freshman in college IS the last proper X-Men game, where you can play actual X-Men characters. X-Men Destiny had the X-Men as npcs... Its been that long.

I think 8 playable characters would be a good number. I know that sounds a lot for some, but considering how big the X-Men team is, 8 aren't that many. Unless each playable character has 40 skills/features/costumes, I think it could be done. I'm fine with each character having 10 distinct skills/moves + 4 alternative costumes.

I still remember how X-Men The Official Game only had 3 playable characters and it felt so limiting compare to X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

Crazy X-Men The Official Game which came out when i was a freshman in college IS the last proper X-Men game, where you can play actual X-Men characters. X-Men Destiny had the X-Men as npcs... Its been that long.
17 years and counting! The upcoming X-Men film. Is going to be so important in determining what other media like games we can expect going forward. I think it’s a one off chance to get people in who weren’t in during the Fox films (like the Star Trek reboot got me - before that I would never watch new Star Trek content as I felt too far behind).

“images that includes what appear to be Wolverine screenshots along with employees’ personal details like passport information.”

That’s terrible to be doing that to employees. Hopefully they withstand the attack.

17 years and counting! The upcoming X-Men film. Is going to be so important in determining what other media like games we can expect going forward. I think it’s a one off chance to get people in who weren’t in during the Fox films (like the Star Trek reboot got me - before that I would never watch new Star Trek content as I felt too far behind).
I don't have any eXpectation for a new X-Men game. It could be like Marvel's Blade. No rumours. Suddenly announced.

A new X-Men film is also so far out, that it won't be a factor to a new X-Men game if we get one in the neXt five years. I do hope Marvel's Wolverine leads to Marvel's X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"