Horrible Roommate Stories

Axl Van Sixx

Comrade
Reaction score
Started this thread because my living situation has reached a new low. I needed to vent and maybe hear some stories from other people.

Moved into an apartment six months ago where two 20-year-old girls were living (I'm 25). I had high hopes at the beginning: there were framed posters of Batman and Spider-Man in the living room, the apartment itself was great, at least one of the girls seemed like a chill stoner type (key word is "seemed"...we'll call her Psycho #2). They said they got along easier with guys, so it didn't look like there'd be any issues.

But there were warning signs early on.

Toenail Incident
I was away for the weekend and when I got back, the other girl, Psycho #1, had taken my toenail clippings she found in the bathroom and swept them back into my room. Apparently some of them had fallen on the floor. Okay, my bad. But her response seemed a little extreme. Perhaps she could have, I don't know, told me about the problem?

Noise Complaints

Later problems popped up with Psycho #2. After I lost my job and had been unemployed for a few weeks, she screamed at me to stop eating chips, putting dishes in the dishwasher, and listening to music at 5 AM. Now, I had tried only putting on classical music at an extremely low volume, but clearly she had sensitive hearing, so whatever - I started wearing headphones and begin creeping silently around the house, trying to make as little noise as I could. After that there were no complaints from her.

Attempts at Resolution
A little after this, I left a note on the fridge saying that I couldn't fix problems if I didn't know I was bothering them, so would they please let me know in the future, because I liked living there and wanted to keep the peace.

Communication Breakdown

Several weeks later, Psycho #2 raised a complaint about me drinking some of the booze in the cupboard. But there was barely any in there, and she herself had told me that she had been using the small amount of vodka to clean her bong. There was also some gin a friend of theirs had left months ago.

I told them there had clearly been a miscommunication and that I would buy more booze if it was a big deal, but they said it was okay. I took them at face value.

The Cat That Never Shut Up
Still, roommate relations were still good overall. Psycho #2 got a cat, which immediately saw its room as my room. So whenever I came home it would be on my bed shedding. Whenever I put it outside my room to go to sleep, it would stand outside my door, meowing for half an hour. At that point I would either put in ear plugs or open the door and let it in. But pretty soon it would inevitably want to go back out again. It drove me crazy.

My Life with Howard Hughes
A couple months ago I started to realize just how crazy my roommates were. Psycho #2 was clearly some kind of obsessive compulsive clean freak. I've kept the kitchen and living room impeccably clean, far more than any other place I've ever lived in. But if I left so much as one item on the table, she yelled at me that the place was a "disaster". Exaggerate much?

Blaming the Victim

Also, there was literally no room in the freezer, which we had to duct tape shut, because Psycho #2 (a small, skinny girl) had packed the freezer with her food. When I complained, both of them told me the problem was that I had a bag of ice in there (the only thing I had in the freezer).

One night I went to the kitchen and saw my bag of ice in the sink. I yelled out, "who put my ice in the sink?" Psycho #1 opens her door and says she wanted to make space in the freezer. I'm a little annoyed, so she says "it's just frozen water." I reply, at a normal volume: "yeah, but I paid for that frozen water." She screams at the top of her lungs "WELL, I PAID FOR MY ****ING ALCOHOL!!!" and slams the door.

The Mystery of the Disappearing Alcohol
That was a reference to an incident a couple days earlier, when Psycho #1 comes up to me with a bottle of vodka that's 1/3 full and accuses me of drinking it. I swore I hadn't, but of course she doesn't believe me.

Sick of this crap, I go out and buy a brand new bottle of vodka and a smaller bottle of gin and leave it on the dining room table with a note. I do this because I want to smooth things over. But Psycho #1 never so much as acknowledges I bought it. She certainly doesn't say thanks.

Also, her habit of suddenly screaming is starting to make me realize how crazy she is. Last week I heard her literally crying to her boyfriend for hours because her rabbit chewed through her laptop cord.

Condom Boxes in the Recycling
The next time I hear from either of these two broads is after my long-distance girlfriend visited during the weekend. Being environmentally conscious, I care about recycling. Basically, I took a couple empty condom boxes and throw them into the recycling box in the kitchen.

Now, let me emphasize that these boxes were just full of wrapped condom packets before, and now they were empty. There was nothing different about them from the other boxes in the recycling. Also, if I found an empty tampon box in the recycling, I would most assuredly not care.

But both of them are in the kitchen and give me an earful.

Psycho #2: "Can you do me a favour and get rid of that trash? You totally don't respect women. You can take that out, because I am totally not touching that."
Psycho #1: "Yeah, and I had to listen to that all weekend."

The second complaint is fair. The first is total BS, not least because she never takes out the garbage anyway. I always take out both the garbage and recycling, just like I always unload the dishwasher.

What Am I, Your Butler?

I even cleaned up the crap that the cat made when it avoided its litterbox and pooped all over the apartment. I did this several times. The last two I put notes in the kitchen and the hallway saying "Cat crapped here. Cleaned with bleach."

Psycho #1 comes home. Does she thank me? Not even close. I go back into the kitchen and she's thrown out the two notes, but there's a new one on the stove, saying "You can clean this anytime."

:cmad:

I Don't Get No Respect
This was when I finally realized just how little respect these girls gave me when I was sincerely trying to be a good roommate the whole time. Psycho #1 had a note saying to leave the kitchen light on all night, because this grown woman is afraid of the dark. Being environmentally-conscious, I put a little note there kindly asking if she could turn the light off in the morning. But she never does. I've never met someone so blatantly self-absorbed and wasteful.

But I haven't even gotten to the latest incident, the first one that's really lowered my quality of life.

How to Turn Your Apartment into a Giant Freezer

I spent last weekend hanging out with friends and when I was *****ing about my roommates, we talked about how annoying it was when you communicate through notes. I mentioned that I hated having to come home and wondering if there was going to be some new problem I had to deal with.

Little did I know.

I come home to the apartment that night and all the lights are on, and all the windows are open. The apartment is freezing and a cold wind is blowing through the kitchen. Did I mention it's winter and this is Canada? I go to the kitchen and there's a note on the table from Psycho #1: "Do not turn off the lights! Do not shut the windows! The cockroaches hate the cold."

Yes, we have a little bug problem. The cockroaches aren't that big and they only come out at night, around the kitchen sink and in the living room. But you know what? Having a few bugs crawl around here and there is not a big deal to me. Being unable to sit in my living room anymore because it feels like a ****ing icebox? Having to wear a winter coat when I go into the kitchen? Sitting on an ice-cold toilet seat whenever I go to the bathroom? These things bother me.

But I haven't tried closing the windows, because I know she'll just open them again, and after the toenail incident I wouldn't put it beyond her to mount revenge attacks. So when I'm not out of the apartment, I mostly keep to my room, which is still a normal temperature, and just try to avoid them.

Light at the End of the Tunnel

There's only one good thing I've heard from them lately. After a couple days of having all the windows open in the middle of winter, I realized I couldn't take this crap anymore. I leave a note on the counter: "I need to move out by the end of April."

A couple hours later I see Psycho #1 has written a response saying she's moving out May 1. Perfect! Everybody wins. Except me, because I have to live with these *****es for another two months.

Psycho #2 has been out of the apartment for a few days, but I knew when she came back she would have no problem with the windows, because that would just be too easy and convenient for me. She loses her mind if a couple boxes she doesn't like are in the recycling, but having the entire apartment be freezing cold and windy - that she's fine with. Of course.

So basically, I have two more months in this apartment before I can escape. I'm counting down the days.

Last edited:
Notes are stupid. They're a total waste of time.

I don't have any that bad myself. I usually lived with friends or people I've known a long time. My last roommate was kind of bad, I don't have a car and have a strange work schedule due to working in a bakery, so I'd rely on him to take me grocery shopping as when we get busy I can be working 10+ hours a day up to 6 days a week. For the last few months living there I was crazy busy and we shared a day off between us (Saturday) so we agreed that any running around I'd need to do would be done then but lo and behold, he was always busy or I couldn't get ahold of him so I had to run down to the grocery store after work between buses to get home and grab $10-$15 worth of food and dash back to the bus.

Every time it would be "Yep, we'll go later" when I told him I needed groceries and that never happened. He had also agreed that if I wasn't working past 8 pm he'd pick me up at work. He did it very infrequently, maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

He also got up an hour before me every day due to his having an earlier shift and he'd blare cartoons for the whole hour, south park, simpsons, family guy etc. or leave his alarm blaring for the hour.

By the time I had enough I was working so much I was sleeping at a friends house on his couch because I'd only get off work at 9-10 pm and the last bus was around 6. I was sleeping there 3-4 nights a week. I was paying around $600 in rent to him every month which took care of pretty much all his bills and all he'd do is complain about not having any money.

So moved out in October and living in my new place since then. $400/month one room place heat/lights incld. Much easier on the paycheque and I can actually get to sleep in my own bed most nights.

I basically got along with my college roommates. The last one I had really wasnt very bright, though. I let him know at the start of the semester that if he needed some "privacy," it was cool with me. Just let me know and I'd leave for a while.

He came back from a party one night with some girl (not his girlfriend) and did her all night. At least the lights were out and they were quiet so I didnt care. I had my alarm set for my morning class and I woke up shortly before it went off. I started to get up and saw...way more of my room mate than I ever wanted to as he was still "sleeping with" the chick. I pretended to go back to sleep until my alarm went off. Thinking that they would stop now that I was obviously awake, I again started to get up. Nope, they kept on going.

I pretended to sleep again, waiting for them to finish. They finally did and I went to class. I ran into his girlfriend later, who knew what had happened. I vented to her and she obviously told my roomie about what I said. He said that he had been drunk and didnt know what he was doing. Bull. He had condom wrappers all over the floor next to his bed when I went to class. He knew exactly what he was doing.

The best part? On the last day of the semester, he proudly told our dorm mates that he would never have another room mate again. F you, pal.

Notes are stupid. They're a total waste of time.

Oh, I agree. I totally hate them. But you know what I hate more? Talking to the two disrespectful, mentally ill *****es I live with.

I basically got along with my college roommates. The last one I had really wasnt very bright, though. I let him know at the start of the semester that if he needed some "privacy," it was cool with me. Just let me know and I'd leave for a while.

He came back from a party one night with some girl (not his girlfriend) and did her all night. At least the lights were out and they were quiet so I didnt care. I had my alarm set for my morning class and I woke up shortly before it went off. I started to get up and saw...way more of my room mate than I ever wanted to as he was still "sleeping with" the chick. I pretended to go back to sleep until my alarm went off. Thinking that they would stop now that I was obviously awake, I again started to get up. Nope, they kept on going.

I pretended to sleep again, waiting for them to finish. They finally did and I went to class. I ran into his girlfriend later, who knew what had happened. I vented to her and she obviously told my roomie about what I said. He said that he had been drunk and didnt know what he was doing. Bull. He had condom wrappers all over the floor next to his bed when I went to class. He knew exactly what he was doing.

The best part? On the last day of the semester, he proudly told our dorm mates that he would never have another room mate again. F you, pal.

The whole hearing-your-roommates having sex thing is interesting. I've had a few experiences like that in the past. Back in university, I remember living in two separate places where my roommates heard me having sex. The first time, a *****y uptight roommate (not unlike the ones I have now) banged on my door and told me to keep it down. The others just laughed it off.

The second time, my roommate was moving in as I was doing this girl and he later kept telling the story to people because he found it hilarious. Later I heard him having sex, so I left or put on some headphones - end of story. Again, it later became a funny story. Granted, this guy was like a cross between the Fonz and Quagmire (on ecstasy), but it was still no big deal.

See, this is chill. Nobody wants to hear their roommates having sex, but if you do - whatever, put on some music or leave. It's not the end of the world. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as what you describe, Hobgoblin - being in the same room as your roommate while they've having sex.

But in this case, evidence of my having some kind of sex life was apparently enough for my current roommates to act like I'd raped a baby and left its corpse in the kitchen. Any little thing I do offends them so much, even when I try to resolve the problem, but they seem to feel they can disrespect me as much as they like. That ends now.

I was pondering some psychological warfare, like leaving the toilet seat up, but I don't know if I want to experience the blowback. :jedi

Stories like this is why I wouldn't move in with people I barely know.

I've gotten along with all of my roommates, there are just little things they did that would really get on my nerves.

My sophomore year roommate would routinely come home drunk during the week, and turn on the TV in our room (dorm room) at all hours of the night, with no consideration that I was sleeping and had to get up for class early the next morning. This lasted for about a month only because I don't like confrontations with friends who I routinely see, but I did it after a month or so and all was groovy the rest of the time we were living together.

My senior year I moved off campus to a townhouse with 2 roommates. One of my roommates had a routine of getting up early and blasting the TV, stomping around, running up stairs, slamming doors etc. Same situation here, I told him after about a month and he knocked it off.

So the only horror stories I've had are just when roommates are being inconsiderate and obnoxious, I think I lucked out a bit.

Started this thread because my living situation has reached a new low. I needed to vent and maybe hear some stories from other people.

Moved into an apartment six months ago where two 20-year-old girls were living (I'm 25). I had high hopes at the beginning: there were framed posters of Batman and Spider-Man in the living room, the apartment itself was great, at least one of the girls seemed like a chill stoner type (key word is "seemed"...we'll call her Psycho #2). They said they got along easier with guys, so it didn't look like there'd be any issues.

But there were warning signs early on.

Well, your first bad move was moving in with two girls. I'm not trying to be sexist, but unless you're dating someone, don't move in with a person of the opposite sex, I've seen it many times and it's always been a bad situation.

Toenail Incident
I was away for the weekend and when I got back, the other girl, Psycho #1, had taken my toenail clippings she found in the bathroom and swept them back into my room. Apparently some of them had fallen on the floor. Okay, my bad. But her response seemed a little extreme. Perhaps she could have, I don't know, told me about the problem?

Kind of see the girl's point here, she handled it badly, sure, but it's not exactly something you want to see.

Noise Complaints
Later problems popped up with Psycho #2. After I lost my job and had been unemployed for a few weeks, she screamed at me to stop eating chips, putting dishes in the dishwasher, and listening to music at 5 AM. Now, I had tried only putting on classical music at an extremely low volume, but clearly she had sensitive hearing, so whatever - I started wearing headphones and begin creeping silently around the house, trying to make as little noise as I could. After that there were no complaints from her.

The listening to music thing, sounds like your walls are pretty thin, best to just use headphones at the start, especially if you're listening at 5 AM. Also, were you cleaning up after yourself? It can be very annoying to come home after work to a messy house/apartment, knowing you didn't make the mess.

Attempts at Resolution
A little after this, I left a note on the fridge saying that I couldn't fix problems if I didn't know I was bothering them, so would they please let me know in the future, because I liked living there and wanted to keep the peace.

Don't leave notes, bad habit to get into, it's only going to intensify ill will.

Communication Breakdown
Several weeks later, Psycho #2 raised a complaint about me drinking some of the booze in the cupboard. But there was barely any in there, and she herself had told me that she had been using the small amount of vodka to clean her bong. There was also some gin a friend of theirs had left months ago.

I told them there had clearly been a miscommunication and that I would buy more booze if it was a big deal, but they said it was okay. I took them at face value.

Well, sounds like you drank the booze, don't drink other people's booze, never see it as communal.

The Cat That Never Shut Up
Still, roommate relations were still good overall. Psycho #2 got a cat, which immediately saw its room as my room. So whenever I came home it would be on my bed shedding. Whenever I put it outside my room to go to sleep, it would stand outside my door, meowing for half an hour. At that point I would either put in ear plugs or open the door and let it in. But pretty soon it would inevitably want to go back out again. It drove me crazy.

Should've never let the cat get in the habit of staying in your room, keep the door shut.

My Life with Howard Hughes
A couple months ago I started to realize just how crazy my roommates were. Psycho #2 was clearly some kind of obsessive compulsive clean freak. I've kept the kitchen and living room impeccably clean, far more than any other place I've ever lived in. But if I left so much as one item on the table, she yelled at me that the place was a "disaster". Exaggerate much?

This is excessive, I side with you here.

Blaming the Victim
Also, there was literally no room in the freezer, which we had to duct tape shut, because Psycho #2 (a small, skinny girl) had packed the freezer with her food. When I complained, both of them told me the problem was that I had a bag of ice in there (the only thing I had in the freezer).

One night I went to the kitchen and saw my bag of ice in the sink. I yelled out, "who put my ice in the sink?" Psycho #1 opens her door and says she wanted to make space in the freezer. I'm a little annoyed, so she says "it's just frozen water." I reply, at a normal volume: "yeah, but I paid for that frozen water." She screams at the top of her lungs "WELL, I PAID FOR MY ****ING ALCOHOL!!!" and slams the door.

Again, I side with you.

The Mystery of the Disappearing Alcohol
That was a reference to an incident a couple days earlier, when Psycho #1 comes up to me with a bottle of vodka that's 1/3 full and accuses me of drinking it. I swore I hadn't, but of course she doesn't believe me.

Sick of this crap, I go out and buy a brand new bottle of vodka and a smaller bottle of gin and leave it on the dining room table with a note. I do this because I want to smooth things over. But Psycho #1 never so much as acknowledges I bought it. She certainly doesn't say thanks.

Also, her habit of suddenly screaming is starting to make me realize how crazy she is. Last week I heard her literally crying to her boyfriend for hours because her rabbit chewed through her laptop cord.

Well, you already set the precedence that you've drank their booze in the past. You're going to be suspect number 1. Also, again with the notes and now expecting formal thanks. Truthfully, I be even more pissed at the incident due to the note because it probably came across as pissy.

Condom Boxes in the Recycling
The next time I hear from either of these two broads is after my long-distance girlfriend visited during the weekend. Being environmentally conscious, I care about recycling. Basically, I took a couple empty condom boxes and throw them into the recycling box in the kitchen.

Now, let me emphasize that these boxes were just full of wrapped condom packets before, and now they were empty. There was nothing different about them from the other boxes in the recycling. Also, if I found an empty tampon box in the recycling, I would most assuredly not care.

But both of them are in the kitchen and give me an earful.

Psycho #2: "Can you do me a favour and get rid of that trash? You totally don't respect women. You can take that out, because I am totally not touching that."
Psycho #1: "Yeah, and I had to listen to that all weekend."

The second complaint is fair. The first is total BS, not least because she never takes out the garbage anyway. I always take out both the garbage and recycling, just like I always unload the dishwasher.

Just put the condom boxes under something else, I doubt anyone wants to see that, you said "if" you found an empty tampon box you wouldn't say anything, you haven't, so they've probably put it under something already in there.

What Am I, Your Butler?
I even cleaned up the crap that the cat made when it avoided its litterbox and pooped all over the apartment. I did this several times. The last two I put notes in the kitchen and the hallway saying "Cat crapped here. Cleaned with bleach."

Psycho #1 comes home. Does she thank me? Not even close. I go back into the kitchen and she's thrown out the two notes, but there's a new one on the stove, saying "You can clean this anytime."

:cmad:

The notes probably just came across as petty and pissy, again, don't leave notes.

I Don't Get No Respect
This was when I finally realized just how little respect these girls gave me when I was sincerely trying to be a good roommate the whole time. Psycho #1 had a note saying to leave the kitchen light on all night, because this grown woman is afraid of the dark. Being environmentally-conscious, I put a little note there kindly asking if she could turn the light off in the morning. But she never does. I've never met someone so blatantly self-absorbed and wasteful.

Again with the notes! Argh! Buy her a night light, easy answer to the problem. My fiancee has one, not because she's scared of the dark, just to help her see a little better.

But I haven't even gotten to the latest incident, the first one that's really lowered my quality of life.

How to Turn Your Apartment into a Giant Freezer

I spent last weekend hanging out with friends and when I was *****ing about my roommates, we talked about how annoying it was when you communicate through notes. I mentioned that I hated having to come home and wondering if there was going to be some new problem I had to deal with.

Little did I know.

I come home to the apartment that night and all the lights are on, and all the windows are open. The apartment is freezing and a cold wind is blowing through the kitchen. Did I mention it's winter and this is Canada? I go to the kitchen and there's a note on the table from Psycho #1: "Do not turn off the lights! Do not shut the windows! The cockroaches hate the cold."

Yes, we have a little bug problem. The cockroaches aren't that big and they only come out at night, around the kitchen sink and in the living room. But you know what? Having a few bugs crawl around here and there is not a big deal to me. Being unable to sit in my living room anymore because it feels like a ****ing icebox? Having to wear a winter coat when I go into the kitchen? Sitting on an ice-cold toilet seat whenever I go to the bathroom? These things bother me.

But I haven't tried closing the windows, because I know she'll just open them again, and after the toenail incident I wouldn't put it beyond her to mount revenge attacks. So when I'm not out of the apartment, I mostly keep to my room, which is still a normal temperature, and just try to avoid them.

What kind of rathole are you living in that you've got cochroaches crawling around?!?! You obviously aren't keeping the place as impeccably clean as you say otherwise you wouldn't have cochroaches. The fix was drastic thoough.

Light at the End of the Tunnel
There's only one good thing I've heard from them lately. After a couple days of having all the windows open in the middle of winter, I realized I couldn't take this crap anymore. I leave a note on the counter: "I need to move out by the end of April."

A couple hours later I see Psycho #1 has written a response saying she's moving out May 1. Perfect! Everybody wins. Except me, because I have to live with these *****es for another two months.

Psycho #2 has been out of the apartment for a few days, but I knew when she came back she would have no problem with the windows, because that would just be too easy and convenient for me. She loses her mind if a couple boxes she doesn't like are in the recycling, but having the entire apartment be freezing cold and windy - that she's fine with. Of course.

So basically, I have two more months in this apartment before I can escape. I'm counting down the days.

Sounds like a bad living situation all around. Good thing you're getting out of there. Next time you do live with other people make sure you know them before, don't judge them by the posters on the wall.

I do have two stories of bad roommates myself.

The first was a roommate I had, me and four other friends got an apartment together after college. Things were going fine at first, then one guy lost his job. We were already wary of him before, since he was pretty high strung in college. Once he lost his job though, he just got creepy, started keeping "vampire" hours, sleeping all day staying up all night. He'd just be watching TV or playing video games, at a high volume and laughing really loud. Everyone in the house could here him, upstairs and downstairs. He'd also pace up and down the stairs all night. One of our roommates found out the psycho would sleep in his bed when he was gone because the roommate would come home from a weekend away and there would be a full ashtray next to his bed, only person around that smoked that weekend? The psycho roommate. He also pulled a knife on one of our roommates. We kicked him out shortly after that incident.

The second story is my fiancee's roommate, her best friend since highschool. Things started out well, but then my fiancee and I started going out and things slowly started to change. The roommate started to get very jealous, it was a slow burn and didn't get too bad until about six months after we started dating and a year they were living together. My fiancee's job was getting bad and her schedule changed, she used to work 4 10 hour shifts, then was moved to 5 8 hour shifts. She used the day off to usually clean the apartment, when she wasn't able to do that anymore, the roommate got a little mad that her maid was gone. Even though, more often than not the mess was due to her and her friends.

The roommate also used to get pissed in the morning when I'd stay over because there wasn't much hot water in the shower, now we'd always work out the shower schedule the night before, I always volunteered to go last, the roommate, however, would often sleep in past the time I was in the shower, can't get pissed if you're oversleeping.

The worst incidents happened once my fiancee got a new job that would require her and I to move across the country. While packing up, my fiancee was accused of stealing things, there was a big blow up where the roommate finally admitted to being very jealous and expected my fiancee to be able to read her mind (she actually did say those words). The worst stuff was during our going away party, at my fiancees apartment, about a month earlier the roommate had her birthday party at the apartment, we both helped clean (before and after), made some appetizers, were really very helpful. Then came our party, the roommate didn't help clean before, the next morning, we started to clean up and she went to the gym, we cleaned the aparment top to bottom ourselves, then got some lunch. The roommate got back about 2-3 hours after she left and was pissed we got food because at some point the night before my fiancee mentioned it'd be nice to get brunch together, no mention of thanking us for cleaning without a lick of her help even though we helped her just a month ago and she enjoyed the party to, just pissed because my fiancee forgot about a brunch invite. The next week we moved out, the roommate expected my fiancee to repaint her room, my fiancee didn't even paint it to begin with, it was the original color, so she didn't. We did clean the place, again. During our drive to Arizona, my fiancee got an email from the roommate, complaining that the apartment wasn't clean enough, the walls of her room were repainted and some juice stains were on the couches and she'd need to get them professionally cleaned (never mind her friends that obviously spilled stuff and slept on those couches countless times before that, they needed to be cleaned already) and she'd be docking the returned security deposit these costs. My fiancee hasn't talked to the girl since.

I never really had any problems with my roommates since they're my best friends since freshman year in high school. However, there was one night... The four of us went out with some friends from college (mostly girls), just for fun, and we all get really wasted. One of my friends and a girl he was getting along with came home long before anyone else. About two hours later, I come home to pretty interesting sight. There is puke all over the bathroom like someone had used a hose to spray it. There is also puke in the hallway leading to the bedrooms, a ripped open box of condoms in the living room, and, last but not least, the two of them are in MY bed, naked and passed out.

I wasn't mad at the time, seeing as how I was drunk. I actually laughed at the insanity of the situation. I cleaned up the apartment once I sobered up and told my friend about the situation. He paid me 50 bucks for cleaning everything. I might have been pissed had I been sober, I dunno. The apartment did reek for days though, which was gross.

I've never had a roommate, but my cousin told of a roomie who had a habit of not flushing the toilet.

I think we had Hypester who told of the same thing.

I come home to pretty interesting sight. There is puke all over the bathroom like someone had used a hose to spray it. There is also puke in the hallway leading to the bedrooms

:lmao:

I didn't have any bad roommates, but I did room with two female medical students who had two dogs, three cats, and a bird.

One of the cats was one they'd rescued, and it had no eyes, and it would do things like lay in wait for you at the top of the stairs in the middle of the night. I'd shut it outside my door at night, go to sleep, and wake up with the thing sitting on my chest. It had eerie phasing powers, so I called it Shadowcat.

I didn't have any bad roommates, but I did room with two female medical students who had two dogs, three cats, and a bird.

One of the cats was one they'd rescued, and it had no eyes, and it would do things like lay in wait for you at the top of the stairs in the middle of the night. I'd shut it outside my door at night, go to sleep, and wake up with the thing sitting on my chest. It had eerie phasing powers, so I called it Shadowcat.

Damn, are you sure those pets didn't own those girls? I bet they were the ones wanting to live with you. :o

I once lived with an old school chum for awhile. She was a total..uh..loving person..a little too loving in that she loved to sleep with guys while still being married to this guy that didn't live with us. Well, he had a key I guess because I came home from work one day to find my possessions ruined by him because he was angry at her. One of my lamps had been smashed, the coffee table that had sentimental value because I used to teeth on it was busted up into pieces. The guy did apologize to me but he never paid me back for the things he broke. When I moved out on the girl I took the money owed out of the rent for that month and told her it was to repay me for babysitting her son for the weekend and for the stuff her estranged husband ruined.

P.S. Anyone that's into drugs, even pot, and alcohol make terrible, disrespectful roommates as the former school chum I posted about was both. She's now on a Sex Offenders list for having relations with a school boy according to her sister.

Last edited:
P.S. Anyone that's into drugs, even pot, and alcohol make terrible, disrespectful roommates as the former school chum I posted about was both.

eh, I once lived in a flat that housed four roomates at a time, I had about nine different flatmates while I lived there, 5 guys and 4 women. I got drunk and/or stoned just about every day of the week, and every one of those flatmates loved me, I mean, they really , really liked me. I was a polite and considerate housemate, I never gave anyone any trouble over there, in fact, I made their flatstay a lot more enjoyable and entertaining.

Sorry to hear you lost that table you used to chew on Jinuouga. :csad:

Last edited:
Mine isn't nearly as bad, but my roommate right now is such a pain in the ass. She's more of the annoying variety rather than the roomie that needs a swift kick to the head, but she's inching closer to making me want to high kick her short ass with her incompetence and irritating habits.

She's nasty as hell. She leaves dishes out without even rinsing them, and there is still food on those dishes. The ***** was wondering why we had roaches, and that's because she leaves plates lying around instead of getting off her ass and washing them. She also doesn't clean the bathroom nor wipe down the toilet when she's done. Since there is only one bathroom in the house she needs to be considerate of that, and it really irks me that she is so ****ing filthy that she leaves stains on the toilet seat.

What's worse is that she complained to me and my other roommate that we weren't cleaning up enough. *****! We do all the cleaning around here except after her nasty ass. Just a second ago I get out the shower, and she tells me I need to clean the tub. WTF? I have been cleaning the tub, but she isn't satisfied yet she doesn't even touch it. The tub is pretty old, and even though it's clean it won't be spotless without some professional cleaning. She is upset that I won't use Comet because it sucks, but every time I clean with what I have it's a lot better. I also told her that I got the shower spray that you use after every shower to keep it constantly clean. Does she use that? Hell no! She waits until it is her week to clean and she does a ****** job with her Comet.

She is also loud too. This house is pretty spacious, but I always hear her dumb ass talking on the phone. When she brings company over it's like a competition of who can say the dumbest **** you can hear all the way over in Canada. Her laugh is also annoying, and she always does it every day. Plus she has her church group over a lot late at night, and they're loud as hell too. I'm going to dress up like Papa Shango one day and scare those *******s out of the house. I'm getting sick of this ****!

/rant

Plus she has her church group over a lot late at night, and they're loud as hell too. I'm going to dress up like Papa Shango one day and scare those *******s out of the house. I'm getting sick of this ****!
I got five words for you.

Yama yama yama yama yaaaaaammmmmaaaaa!

My roommate in college was a sleep walker, and he would always pull his junk out. One time, I open my door to go to the bathroom, and he's just standing there in the hallway letting it all hang out.

Mine isn't nearly as bad, but my roommate right now is such a pain in the ass. She's more of the annoying variety rather than the roomie that needs a swift kick to the head, but she's inching closer to making me want to high kick her short ass with her incompetence and irritating habits.

She's nasty as hell. She leaves dishes out without even rinsing them, and there is still food on those dishes. The ***** was wondering why we had roaches, and that's because she leaves plates lying around instead of getting off her ass and washing them. She also doesn't clean the bathroom nor wipe down the toilet when she's done. Since there is only one bathroom in the house she needs to be considerate of that, and it really irks me that she is so ****ing filthy that she leaves stains on the toilet seat.

What's worse is that she complained to me and my other roommate that we weren't cleaning up enough. *****! We do all the cleaning around here except after her nasty ass. Just a second ago I get out the shower, and she tells me I need to clean the tub. WTF? I have been cleaning the tub, but she isn't satisfied yet she doesn't even touch it. The tub is pretty old, and even though it's clean it won't be spotless without some professional cleaning. She is upset that I won't use Comet because it sucks, but every time I clean with what I have it's a lot better. I also told her that I got the shower spray that you use after every shower to keep it constantly clean. Does she use that? Hell no! She waits until it is her week to clean and she does a ****** job with her Comet.

She is also loud too. This house is pretty spacious, but I always hear her dumb ass talking on the phone. When she brings company over it's like a competition of who can say the dumbest **** you can hear all the way over in Canada. Her laugh is also annoying, and she always does it every day. Plus she has her church group over a lot late at night, and they're loud as hell too. I'm going to dress up like Papa Shango one day and scare those *******s out of the house. I'm getting sick of this ****!

/rant
I roomed with two high school buddies for a semester in college. One of them had the kitchen sink full of dirty dishes, so as thanks for taking me in, I washed them and put them away. He told me to never do it again. :huh:

Another room mate was just about the most pompous, arrogant person I've ever met in my life. The very first day, he complained to me that he wanted a private room, interrupted me every chance he got and was generally as rude and condescending as possible. Later on, he would constantly spray air freshener (a smell I hated) and sing opera out in the hallway because it echoed. He forbade me from bringing women over (he was gay) and I tried to reason with him, telling him that I didnt mind him bringing boyfriends over. He snapped that he was celibate and that I still couldnt bring women over. I got the hell out of there after 6 weeks.

Another room mate was just about the most pompous, arrogant person I've ever met in my life. The very first day, he complained to me that he wanted a private room, interrupted me every chance he got and was generally as rude and condescending as possible. Later on, he would constantly spray air freshener (a smell I hated) and sing opera out in the hallway because it echoed. He forbade me from bringing women over (he was gay) and I tried to reason with him, telling him that I didnt mind him bringing boyfriends over. He snapped that he was celibate and that I still couldnt bring women over. I got the hell out of there after 6 weeks.

aw man, that is pretty funny, they should base a movie or a tv show on that guy.

aw man, that is pretty funny, they should base a movie or a tv show on that guy.

He would truly be a Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin type of character: One that is hilarious to watch from a distance but you would want to murder within 5 seconds of dealing with them directly.

I will say, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people refuse to rinse their dishes. It's fine if you don't want to wash them at that time, but just rinse them off. It takes two seconds and minimal effort. My girlfriend and her roommate never do, and whenever I go over there I see a sink full of dishes caked with dry and crusted food. It's not only disgusting, but it makes washing them a much more time-consuming process.

During my senior year in college, one of my roommates made a massive pot of homemade cheddar soup (very thick, very hearty soup) the night before spring break began. They elected to stay on campus for break, so I asked them to wash the dishes. When I returned, I discovered that they left the pot untouched in the sink for four days. The "soup" remaining in the pot had taken on a variety of consistencies, and let forth the most horrific odor. The roomate who cooked the soup was exempt from the cleaning duties (having paid for all the ingredients to make it), and my other two roommates refused to do it because of how horrible it smelled. So either I cleaned it, or threw out the pot. I elected to save it - or try to, anyway.

First, I had to take it outside and scrape most of it out with a giant spoon. The stench was unbearable - to the point that my eyes watered and I started gagging. It was honest-to-God the worst thing I have ever smelled. The soup that remained had literally bonded itself onto the bottom of the pan, and try as I might I couldn't dislodge it. I had to soak the pan for five hours before I could even take a crack at it. Once soaked, I spent a good part of an hour chiseling away at it with a spoon. After I had most of it removed, the bottom of the pot was completely scratched up with spoon marks. I say "most of it," because trace elements of the soup remain caked to the bottom of the pot to this very day.

I very rarely get angry (especially at my best friends), but I was absolutely livid over this incident. I just couldn't believe that they let four days go by without cleaning it - letting it stink up the whole kitchen. I guess they thought it was funny, until it came time to actually clean the damn thing. Then it was a sweat-soaked nightmare.

But then they each bought me a pack of cigarettes, and all was good in the world :up:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"