First Avenger How could a guy with no real powers lead the Avengers

The Austrian

Civilian
Reaction score
... i was always wondering

you have a god (thor), you have iron-man, you have a thousend more gifted superheros - how come a guy with lil' wings on his head on not real super-powers could become the leader ????

How could a guy with no real powers lead the avangers?

In armor armed with missiles and capable of flight?

compared to thor, iron man, hulk, etc .... hmm.... not real powers .... (same as hawkeye, i mean, c'mon ... others can lift tons, he can shoot an arrow ..) ..... (kind of same like superman and batman) ... no, makes no sense to me
(no offense to all the true fans of cap obviously)

So...only strength determines who can be a leader? Intelligence, compassion, and things like that don't count, huh?

right ... i have to agree on this one !

but still, being an ant surrounded by giants ... it would not work !

I know, it'd be like putting a politician in charge of those big, strapping young soldiers... wait a minute...

right ... i have to agree on this one !

but still, being an ant surrounded by giants ... it would not work !

The leader of the United States of America during one of it's darkest hours was Franklin Delano Roosevelt. His leadership helped bring us out of the great depression and he lead the country and the world through WWII. Roosevelt was also confined to a wheelchair because of polio....he could stand with the aid of leg braces and crutches, but not walk.

There are more things to being a leader, than being able to club the other guy over the head.

never saw it that way, u could be right .....

nope, you guys are right !! (not only could be)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like the Justice League (and superhero movies in general?) couldn't do without that guy from Gotham with no real powers.

From wiki:

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1100 pounds (500 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in little more than a minute. Furthermore, his enhancements are the reason why he was able to survive being frozen in suspended animation for decades. Rogers cannot become intoxicated by alcohol, drugs, or impurities in the air and is immune to terrestrial diseases. There have been many attempts to recreate this formula but after the death of its creator the secrets of creating a super-soldier died with him.

So again, I have to ask how he has less 'powers' than Tony Stark... who has none... just some really advanced tech.

The leader of the United States of America during one of it's darkest hours was Franklin Delano Roosevelt. His leadership helped bring us out of the great depression and he lead the country and the world through WWII. Roosevelt was also confined to a wheelchair because of polio....he could stand with the aid of leg braces and crutches, but not walk.

And now we know who you voted for back in the '30s/'40s.

From wiki:

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1100 pounds (500 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in little more than a minute. Furthermore, his enhancements are the reason why he was able to survive being frozen in suspended animation for decades. Rogers cannot become intoxicated by alcohol, drugs, or impurities in the air and is immune to terrestrial diseases. There have been many attempts to recreate this formula but after the death of its creator the secrets of creating a super-soldier died with him.

So again, I have to ask how he has less 'powers' than Tony Stark... who has none... just some really advanced tech.

Strange that he can run inconceivably fast, yet only bech press slightly more than real weight lifters. Were those limits set recently or a good while ago? The record in the 40's was less than half of what it is now; that might account for it.

As others have said, he leads because he is best at it.

The same way that Wolverine could kick Cyclopes' ash, Wolverine is simply not a leader. He's far from a follower as well, but that's a bit different.

Powers aren't what make you a leader. Similarly, look at Charlie. He never shows the skills his Angels have, but he's their leader.

Because
Thor is an arrogant jerk
IM is immature
Hulk is...the Hulk

Cap has good values and is the most "clean" out of the others. He is the best leader out of all of them.

Since Hulk is the most powerful Avenger, he ought to lead them... if power is what constitutes good leadership qualities.

You should read Secret Wars #1 where Wolverine says (about Cap when the heroes are deciding who should lead them) something like "Wait a minute! He's the least of us. I won't follow him" Thor replies: "I will. I am a god but I will gladly follow him anywhere" or something like that.

4920a20classy20group20o.jpg

/close thread

i figure all the military training may have something to do with it. not to mention strength of character, tactical aptitude, reliability, adaptability, and a ton of other reasons. basically Cap gets the job done. thats all there is to it.

There are more things to being a leader, than being able to club the other guy over the head.

Well put.

From wiki:

Nice to see it put into print like that. Just watching The Incredible Hulk when Blonsky takes the formula should inform anyone that Cap is far from powerless.

As others have said, he leads because he is best at it.

The same way that Wolverine could kick Cyclopes' ash, Wolverine is simply not a leader. He's far from a follower as well, but that's a bit different.

Powers aren't what make you a leader. Similarly, look at Charlie. He never shows the skills his Angels have, but he's their leader.

:pal::lmao::funny::hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"