How do you feel about logan taking scott's role in this movie?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
does it make you happy? Sad? sort of tingly inside?

discuss

Well, I hate the exposure Logan gets, but then, I'm not a Cyclops fan. He could be absent from the movie and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest either.

Um....what if we haven't seen the movie yet? How do we answer that question?

From what I've seen so far from the clips, I'm pretty nonplused--not even really bothered at all. Let's not forget that the lusty attaction between Jean and Logan has decades of precedence in the comics--both in the 616 and Ultimate timelines. And while 616 Jean had a bit more self-control with regards to her attraction to the Feral One, the Dark Phoenix gives way to sexual abandon quite easily.

Avalanche said:
Well, I hate the exposure Logan gets, but then, I'm not a Cyclops fan. He could be absent from the movie and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest either.

YOU TRAITOR :mad:

lol jk

It'll be a shame that Cyke didn't get a larger role. Theyre both great characters (equal in my opinion) and should have shared the spotlight.

Avalanche said:
I feel the same way.

im sad that they did not show anyrespect for cyke, in x2 he was barely there, now he might die, logan took his role, his girlfriend and his exposure, fox really didnt show anby respect for cyke

the only thing remaining is the team should go visit cykes grave before they go to the final battle and pee on it, cause seriously thats the only thing fox didnt do to cykes charcater

DAMN YOU FOX

Iceman/Psylocke said:
It'll be a shame that Cyke didn't get a larger role. Theyre both great characters (equal in my opinion) and should have shared the spotlight.

Cykes and Logan have never had equal footing in the movieverse--blame that on Singer's concept for the characters. Both X1 and X2 have kept Scott playing second fiddle to Logan.

Therefore, it'd be way too jarring now for mainstream audiences to get an overdose of Scott in this film--even though technically it is the Dark Phoenix saga and he should be front and center. As far as general audiences are concerned, Logan is the one to beat. So it is a natural progression for Logan to not only be a leader type, but also to be the one to go after his beloved Jean. He's the hero, she's the damsel...and that's that. I know it sucks...but it's the truth. :(

This is a comic adaptation.

I have nothing against Cyke at all. I do agree that his role in the first two films was diminished significantly. But wasnt it said that for the third movie James Marsden wanted a smaller part because he was doing Superman as well.

It does sort of tweak me that Logan might be the one to bring Jean back from the brink though. Because it seemed to me that the Jean and Logan "relationship" was more lust than anything else while Jean and Scott was pure love. LIke Jean said they flirt with the dangerous guy but marry the good guy. My feeling about it are kinda mixed

We dont actually truly know if he takes his role in this movie as we havent seen it yet?

Very true. Im trying not to put so much emphasis on it.

The Batman said:

discuss

I got all tingly inside. In a nauseous kind of way. :o
(I loved Logan in the first movie (putting the lack of Cyke aside for a moment) but that Wolverine vs Sentinel clip was anything *but* Logan)
Logan is in any scene and with every character in the trailer and it almost look like a spoof about how over-used he is.

I, personally, have no qualms about Logan taking on the role that Cyclops had in the original comic book version. For me, from what the films have given me and shown me in terms of character progression and growth, it would make the most sense for me. I feel more attached to Logan/Jean because more movie time has been used in exposition towards this. So in that respect I have no problems. I am rather looking forward to it. Plus, Famke and Hugh have fantastic on-screen chemistry.

I agree with lightning as well, it's an adaptation. If the film catered to everyone's likings it'd make for quite an inconsistent and unfocused film.

like others have stated, I haven't seen this film yet to truely comment. But I'm not really a big Cyclops fan. I don't like that he has been kicked to the curb so to speak so Wolverine could be the draw. But since Wolverine is a big draw both in the comics and for this franchise, it is how it is. I hope for Cyke fan's sake and for the dignity the character has, he goes down with a bang instead of a whimper.

Lazmarquez said:
I, personally, have no qualms about Logan taking on the role that Cyclops had in the original comic book version. For me, from what the films have given me and shown me in terms of character progression and growth, it would make the most sense for me. I feel more attached to Logan/Jean because more movie time has been used in exposition towards this. So in that respect I have no problems. I am rather looking forward to it. Plus, Famke and Hugh have fantastic on-screen chemistry.

I agree with lightning as well, it's an adaptation. If the film catered to everyone's likings it'd make for quite an inconsistent and unfocused film.

But X2 resolved whatever was going on with Jean-Logan, and Wolverine clearly accepted that Jean and Scott belong together.

How do you feel about logan taking scott's role in this movie?

plain and simple.. its fcked up !

The Batman said:

discuss

it made me constapated.......... sucks

WorthyStevens4 said:
But X2 resolved whatever was going on with Jean-Logan, and Wolverine clearly accepted that Jean and Scott belong together.

And I for one, agree and if you were in Logan's place, would you accept that Jean and Scott belong together after all the hard shiat you've been through? I would cause I know how Logan feels and I know the feeling ...it hurts. :(and I happen to like both relationships.

Lightning Strikez! said:
*glances at Cap's avatar*

"ScoGan"...:D

*snicker*

Hehe I should hang at the RoLo thread more often... Great place for inspiration :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"