How do you feel about logan taking scott's role in this movie?

It made me heavily dislike Logan. :down And he's my favorite character, so that says something.

I don't want that the entire focus of the Movies is on Cyclops, but he's the Leader of the Team for christ sake. It's like making a Movie of the Avengers but focusing majority of it on Hawkeye and giving Cap 5 minutes of screentime.

But you gotta admit, cyclops is kinda lame and its like he's got a piece of you know what lodged up you know where. they made him the female in the relationship with jean. i personally would have liked him much more if in x1 when he tells logan to stay away from his girl, if he woulda punched him or something.

redwn7 said:
But you gotta admit, cyclops is kinda lame and its like he's got a piece of you know what lodged up you know where. they made him the female in the relationship with jean. i personally would have liked him much more if in x1 when he tells logan to stay away from his girl, if he woulda punched him or something.

Blame all that on bad character development.

I'm not even a Cyclops fan, and yet, I want him to friggin' shine for once. He's the leader and he's a bit stiff, but that's HOW HE IS.

Logan isn't suppose to be the leader type. Imagine if Han Solo was the main character, while Luke was the second bannana. Honestly, that would make Han less interesting as a character. He works better as the rebelious second in command. PERIOD.

They made Scott into a wussy. Jean needs someone she can depend on, not someone who is always depending on her.​

PhoenixRising said:
They made Scott into a wussy. Jean needs someone she can depend on, not someone who is always depending on her.​

You think Logan is the one? Sure...but its hard to say it like it is when you know Jean and Scott belong to each other. I know that in my heart... but in desire... its Jean and Logan...

Lightning Strikez! said:
Cykes and Logan have never had equal footing in the movieverse--blame that on Singer's concept for the characters. Both X1 and X2 have kept Scott playing second fiddle to Logan.

Therefore, it'd be way too jarring now for mainstream audiences to get an overdose of Scott in this film--even though technically it is the Dark Phoenix saga and he should be front and center. As far as general audiences are concerned, Logan is the one to beat. So it is a natural progression for Logan to not only be a leader type, but also to be the one to go after his beloved Jean. He's the hero, she's the damsel...and that's that. I know it sucks...but it's the truth. :(

This is a comic adaptation.

That's not very logical. So just because Cyclops didn't get adequate screentime in the first two installments that automatically translates to him not having supplementary screentime in any future installment? Nonsense.

Singer chose Logan as the vocal point for his "trilogy". That's an accurate statement. However that doesn't mean structurally that you couldn't formulate a meaty supporting role for Scott. Especially in this film, where supposedly much attention is being spent to develop the Dark Phoenix aspect of Jean's personality. It was just the fashion that writers Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg developed the story; perhaps it wasn't purposeful, but they just didn't or wouldn't give Scott the treatment that he deserves. Of course structuring a story might lend itself difficulty placing Scott in the plot chosen for X3 and if that's the case you can begin to understand the difficulty Singer faced to place Cyclops adequately in his films.

DarknessOfDeath said:
You think Logan is the one? Sure...but its hard to say it like it is when you know Jean and Scott belong to each other. I know that in my heart... but in desire... its Jean and Logan...

Scott was with Emma in the comics, that means death in my books. :mad:

In a way.... I hate Cyclops and I cant wait to see Jean demolecularize him. THERE! I said it.

PhoenixRising said:

He didn't even have enough screentime or development to be made into a wussy. His character was simply there and than gone. But for the few minutes he was on screen he kicked ass. I only remind of the fight against the guards in X2.

PhoenixRising said:
Scott was with Emma in the comics, that means death in my books. :mad:

In a way.... I hate Cyclops and I cant wait to see Jean demolecularize him. THERE! I said it.

Well, in a way I hate Logan and I can't wait to see him get his ass handed to him by Juggernaut in this movie.

I swear, some people need to think people need to think outside of the box.

There's no weight with PhoenixRising's take. Why defend this 'creative' decision? You dont' have to AGREE with everything that Ratner and CO did with the movie. It blows my mind. No offense PhoenixRising :)

WorthyStevens4 said:
Well, in a way I hate Logan and I can't wait to see him get his ass handed to him by Juggernaut in this movie.

And have Gambit destroy Jugglernaut :)

I can't wait to see him get his ass handed to him by Jean/Phoenix. :o

Like what I've said before, I'm not a big fan of Cyclops, but I like as much as the other X-Men. I dont' "hate" anyone because

a.) They're not real.

b.) Why hatee?

WorthyStevens4 said:

I didnt say i liked Logan either. In fact, I dislike both of them. Jean should just kill them both and be done with it. She can hook up with that shirtless fellow with wings.
icon12.gif

I don't hate Logan. He's the guy I can relate to. He's a no body... I am too... he was a loner...so was I... and so on... -sighs-

The movies have completely and totally crapped all over Cyclops. He hasn't gotten a shred of respect so far. The attraction between Jean and Wolverine was NOT in the original comics-that was STRICTLY a 90's wretchcon that came after Marvel decided to make it's entire line subserviant to Wolverine. In the original comics, Wolverine wanted her, but she had no interest in him.

As I've said before, in the movies, Wolverine has been written and pushed in such a way as to look superior to Cyclops as a fighter, a man and now as a leader.

It's cold calculated, bottom-line corporate movie making at it's worst. The way they have treated Cyclops is a slap in the face to the character, his creators and his fans. All responsable for his crap treatment can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Octoberist said:
I swear, some people need to think people need to think outside of the box.

There's no weight with PhoenixRising's take. Why defend this 'creative' decision? You dont' have to AGREE with everything that Ratner and CO did with the movie. It blows my mind. No offense PhoenixRising :)

Im not defending anyone. Also, dont tell me theres to weight with my take on the situation. Dont put words in my mouth. No offense, Octoberist.

DarknessOfDeath said:
I don't hate Logan. He's the guy I can relate to. He's a no body... I am too... he was a loner...so was I... and so on... -sighs-
\\

I wasn't responding to you. Haha. Sorry. It was meant for "PhoenixRising".

Kurosawa said:
The movies have completely and totally crapped all over Cyclops. He hasn't gotten a shred of respect so far. The attraction between Jean and Wolverine was NOT in the original comics-that was STRICTLY a 90's wretchcon that came after Marvel decided to make it's entire line subserviant to Wolverine. In the original comics, Wolverine wanted her, but she had no interest in him.

As I've said before, in the movies, Wolverine has been written and pushed in such a way as to look superior to Cyclops as a fighter, a man and now as a leader.

It's cold calculated, bottom-line corporate movie making at it's worst. The way they have treated Cyclops is a slap in the face to the character, his creators and his fans. All responsable for his crap treatment can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Exactly! To hell with Kinberg! And Penn! And Ratner! :D

I don't think Kinberg is exactly the best writer in the world. Well mean, God bless him but he's like the next David Koepp: All action no substance. He's very very very Hollywood, in other words. However, I shouldn't bleame him..he's now rich (or he should). I'll give him time, but he keeps doing xXx 3, then I don't know. That's why I can't see where the script is going...good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"