The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How does ASM2 compare to ASM1?

Very unfavorably, and this is coming from someone who didn't think it could get much worse than the first movie.

TASM 2 wasn't so much a Spider-Man movie as it was a parody of one.

I almost feel like it's comparing apples to oranges because of how huge of a tone change there was between the two movies.

I almost feel like it's comparing apples to oranges because of how huge of a tone change there was between the two movies.

I kind of agree with you. I think I prefer the tone of the first film.

TASM 2 wasn't so much a Spider-Man movie as it was a parody of one.

Parody of Spider-Man? Hardly. If it's one thing this movie got right it's Spider-Man and certain aspects of the tone and humor while he was in action. The subplots, editing and focus on a narrative was off but not Spidey. The character in tone was very much as he should be.

I like TASM2 much better. It sold me on the reboot, and I see it as a step-up. It's more in line with my Spider-Man preference. More daytime action, more humour and great chemistry - which TASM had too. TASM was a decent film but doesn't have a certain pizzaz about it.

Just watched ASM2.

I'll say ASM2 is slightly better because there's alot more to chew on with the villains, Gwen, and Parker's parents.

ASM2 definitely had a stronger ending.

They are about equal to me.

It's more bigger,sexy,beautiful,stunning,smart and etc

Equally great, equally average, or equally bad?

Equally good/average.

It had issue but no where near the caliber of self mutilation i felt like inflicting upon myself after watching SM3.

ASM2 improves on ASM1 in about every way imaginable. It gave me everything I wanted to see in the first film and, in many ways, is the Spider-Man film I've been waiting for.

I enjoyed the second slightly more than the first

I'd say they were both equally great. TASM 2 does a lot of things better but TASM has Martin Sheen, Dennis Leary, a simpler less 'world-buildy' story and the high school fight is still probably my favourite fight in all CBMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"