The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Hans Zimmer Score thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideyFan866

Avenger
Reaction score
With Hans Zimmer on board for ASM2, It was time for a proper score thread where we can discuss what Mr. Zimmer brings to the table and chat exclusively about the score for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I still can't believe this is happening. It's quite surreal.

She sent out a different tweet that confirms that Zimmer will be scoring.

Wow! Hans Zimmer! That's nutty! Super exciting.

*feels spoiled*

If this is certainly true/confirmed and not premature fanboy excitement through a tweet confirmation, I really hope Zimmer doesn't unbalance the sound mix with a barrage of drums.

Cool. I'm not ecstatic or anything like some others, but it's nice to have Zimmer on. Will be interesting to see how he translates Spider-Man into his style.

I hope he does whatever the f he wants cuz he's Hans Zimmer. The best of the best.

Pretty unexpected, I'd say. 2013 has had some crazy news for these cbms. I don't think this tops the two Quicksilvers thing but it's definitely up there.

I have to say I am pretty shocked by this news. Not necessarily in a bad way, but HO-LY crap wait until Elevator Man gets wind of this :oldrazz:.

I just hope Horner's main theme and end theme can be kept, with Hans doing the rest.

I'm pretty surprised too. I think it'll be good, I can see Zimmer's style really fitting Webb's universe. I loved the song that played over TASM's teaser trailer (I believe it was called "Emanation" by Brand X Music?), I think it had a Hans Zimmer influence. In fact I'm playing that song now, I really dig it!

I liked what Horner did for TASM and was hoping he was going to raise his game for TASM2. If we're now getting Zimmer instead, I'm hoping for something really cool.

I just hope Horner's main theme and end theme can be kept, with Hans doing the rest.

Agree, I hope they have some sort of callback to Horner's theme, to tie the films together. And I did like the main theme.

But I think Zimmer will do good, whatever he does (here's to hoping!).

I'm sure they'll keep the main horn theme. Webb seemed so in love with it and adamant that the score have an identifiable theme. Which makes the hiring of Zimmer even more intriguing. To me it signals that this movie is going to be a lot more intense.

The thought of Horner and Zimmer working together is fantastic though.

I have to say I am pretty shocked by this news. Not necessarily in a bad way, but HO-LY crap wait until Elevator Man gets wind of this :oldrazz:.

LOL! You read my mind as soon as I heard this news. I can see the veins popping out of his forehead already.

I'm a huge fan of Zimmer, but I can't help but be disappointed by this news. Horner's score was my favorite superhero score of the last decade. I loved it SO much. :(

If I'm reacting like this, I can't imagine how Elevator Man is gonna take it, lol.

On one hand, I loved Zimmer's Batscores, and did enjoy his MOS score, so this excites me, although its disappointing Horner isn't scoring TASM2.

On the other, Elevator_Man has just had his year ruined.

So there's two good things to come from this movie LOL.

I'll be honest I didn't find Horner's score all that memorable so I'm not too sad he's been replaced. Being replaced by Zimmer is surreal, I loved his TDK trilogy and MOS work. It'll be interesting how Zimmer balances the serious and fun tone this movie seems to be going for.

I loved Horner's music. After I watched TASM for the first time, I immediately went to pick up the soundtrack after the film was done.

Horner's score had some crap in it (HIII-YA!, or the finger snapping), but overall I really dug his score. Not as much as Young's SM3 score, but I liked it alot nonetheless. I hope at least Zimmer keeps the theme.

EDIT :

Brian Tyler would also be awesome, but he's busy doing Thor: TDW :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1