The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Hans Zimmer Score thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough screenings. OK. Yeah, I would imagine that it was rough enough in early last fall there were prob still some storyboards in there for parts of the cgi that weren't started or even parts of the cgi were like Atari graphics. There probably wasn't much if any sound effects or music at all.

Any idea when the actual test screenings of the movie will start?
Well the rough screenings are "testing" the audience's reactions. They have questionnaire's at the end and all that.

These rough screenings have incomplete CGI, storyboards, messy editing, scenes that will be deleted, and not to mention stock music.
Yeah Picard was gonna say everything I was going to. There's temp music, unfinished sound stuff. Yeah the Atari graphics take you out of the movie SO much. Horrible.

For me, I would only go to a test screening for a film I care very little about or have no hype for. I went to a test screening for "inAPPropriate Comedy," and it was pretty terrible.

MV5BMTQ3NzAyMDUyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMzMDM5OA@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Well the rough screenings are "testing" the audience's reactions. They have questionnaire's at the end and all that.

Yeah Picard was gonna say everything I was going to. There's temp music, unfinished sound stuff. Yeah the Atari graphics take you out of the movie SO much. Horrible.

I guess the point is, not to take much note of people's reactions from the movie as a whole, good or bad. It's a very rough cut of the film and leaves much to be desired. It's more a tool for the filmmakers to gauge the path they are on and what is working and what needs adjustments. I remember going to a test screening for a movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Sam Jackson. Can't remember the title at the moment. But it was missing a whole lot of stuff. There wasn't any cgi of course but there were sections of the movie that didn't have music. Missing sound effects here and there. Even some weird edits. Months later I saw the movie as a finished product in the theater and there was a tremendous difference.

I guess the point is, not to take much note of people's reactions from the movie as a whole, good or bad. It's a very rough cut of the film and leaves much to be desired. It's more a tool for the filmmakers to gauge the path they are on and what is working and what needs adjustments. I remember going to a test screening for a movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Sam Jackson. Can't remember the title at the moment. But it was missing a whole lot of stuff. There wasn't any cgi of course but there were sections of the movie that didn't have music. Missing sound effects here and there. Even some weird edits. Months later I saw the movie as a finished product in the theater and there was a tremendous difference.

Yeah I think that's the point.

Isn't it a weird thing though? Seeing the final product, but not feeling any of the magic because you've seen it already. Well that was the experience for me at least with TASM. For the most part.

What were the major differences you saw in the ASM test screening? There's a part of me that wants to see a rough version of the movie out of curiosity.

Do it, then answer all of our greedy spoiling questions.

Isn't it a weird thing though? Seeing the final product, but not feeling any of the magic because you've seen it already. Well that was the experience for me at least with TASM. For the most part.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. In a way it kinda turned me off to watching test screenings. I haven't done any since that particular movie.

It also makes it harder to see the final product as the "definitive" version after seeing a test screening.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. In a way it kinda turned me off to watching test screenings. I haven't done any since that particular movie.
I don't think I'll ever watch one again for a Spidey movie lol. You shouldn't either haha.

It also makes it harder to see the final product as the "definitive" version after seeing a test screening.
I think that's exactly the problem. It took me at least 5 times to watch it to seal in my head that THIS is the final version.

Go to the Enemies Unite sizzle, and at :22 seconds, that pulsating tremolo sound that's doing 8th notes has been in my head all day.

Go to the Enemies Unite sizzle, and at :22 seconds, that pulsating tremolo sound that's doing 8th notes has been in my head all day.

Wonder who made that, seeing as it apparently isn't Zimmer's work.

2:45, though. That's definitely my favourite part, and paired together with that big "ON MAY 2ND" with the electricity in the background.

Chills.

2:45, though. That's definitely my favourite part, and paired together with that big "ON MAY 2ND" with the electricity in the background.

Chills.

It's probably a combo of all of them.

Dude 2:45 I know. And when it keeps going. Gives me the goosebumps as well. Just the potential of epicness of the final battles in the movie.

It's probably a combo of all of them.

Dude 2:45 I know. And when it keeps going. Gives me the goosebumps as well. Just the potential of epicness of the final battles in the movie.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :hubba

Chills.

Oh yes indeed.

When Electro says "Let's go catch a spider" and the music kicks in... goosebumps, every, single, time. :awesome:

Did Yurka comment on the score at all? Or was it not finished in the rough cut he saw?

Did Yurka comment on the score at all? Or was it not finished in the rough cut he saw?

He didn't say anything about the score, but it probably wasn't finished it.

I wonder how many website "exclusives" this will have lol.

"Buy your tickets on Fandango NOW and get Web-slinger, parts 1&2"

"Pre-Order tickets and get Electro's Theme"

"Buy IMAX tickets and get Goblin Suite, parts 1 and 4."

I wonder how many website "exclusives" this will have lol.

"Buy your tickets on Fandango NOW and get Web-slinger, parts 1&2"

"Pre-Order tickets and get Electro's Theme"

"Buy IMAX tickets and get Goblin Suite, parts 1 and 4."
Thankfully, Spotify usually has the whole soundtrack (with the extra tracks) the day the disc releases so, that's an alternative.

I just download them all. I love Hans, but this is just more money out of my pocket for something that could be a itunes bonus, or on the CD itself. I remember wondering why TDKR only had like...52 minutes of music, when TDK had been so generous, and BB had over an hour also...then we got like, 14 bonus tracks from 8 different sources. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"