How has Batman inspired you in real life.

spanky_jones

Civilian
Reaction score
For me.

Enroll in Martial Arts, take a stalking/tracking class and go back to school and get my degree in criminal justice. How about the rest of you?

Batman has inspired me to learn martial arts, and the Joker isn't an inspiration as much as something to ponder.

He has only inspired me to buy his comics and movies hahaha. But it's cool if he really inspired people to make their lives better.

I have always found "Why do we fall" to be a passage of power.

Batman stories has teached me many things. But the most important lessons I learned come from The Dark Knight Trilogy. When I saw the movie this summer, I made a quick list I'd like to share with you:

- We fall, so we can learn to pick ourselves up.

- It is no what we are underneath but what we do that defines us.

- The night is darkest before the dawn.

- Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

- We must never lose faith in people.

- Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to make the right choice.

- Never lose hope, even in the darkest hours.

- In life, we must give our best, we must give everything.

- We can be happy, if we give it an opportunity.

GothamSky.jpg

Batman has taught me many values, morals and lessons that I do my best to apply to in my life. I hope to stick by them for the rest of my life as well.

BlueLightning's post sums up the trilogy's inspiration on that part.

It's hard to know if it was Batman or whether I was simply predisposed to these ideals anyway (is that why I like Batman in the first place?).

It's a little chicken-or-the-egg for me, seeing as I have been a rabid Batman fan since about five years old.

For me, I am staunchly anti-capital punishment. While I think many criminals should be locked up for their entire lives, I just do not believe it is appropriate for any government or society to take a life.

I guess that's a big moral I share with Batman.

I think I generally believe in a non-consequentialist line of ethics, which I see Batman as following too - in that it doesn't matter the consequences, some acts are just the right thing to do regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"