How is the The Hulk a Superhero in this movie?

HboyBowen

Civilian
Reaction score
He only saved 2 lives in the movie but hurt hundreds more how is this a superhero movie more like superdestructive idiot who barely nows right from wrong

only 2 times to save betty from super cool dogs and a jet who was about to crash into a bridge but no real superhero action like from other heroes like saving entire cities, trains,and planets. Hulk has a chance in two to save more while hurting at the sametime it could be a time where abom knocks over a carousel and hulk saves them he better be a real hero in two not just a running frog who only thinks of him self.

oh yea another instant is at the end when rebel try an take medicine from poor people and he transforms to save them but u dont see that.:bh:

The Hulk wasnt when he was first introduced

He only saved 2 lives in the movie but hurt hundreds more how is this a superhero movie more like superdestructive idiot who barely nows right from wrong

only 2 times to save betty from super cool dogs and a jet who was about to crash into a bridge but no real superhero action like from other heroes like saving entire cities, trains,and planets. Hulk has a chance in two to save more while hurting at the sametime it could be a time where abom knocks over a carousel and hulk saves them he better be a real hero in two not just a running frog who only thinks of him self.

oh yea another instant is at the end when rebel try an take medicine from poor people and he transforms to save them but u dont see that.:bh:

I think he saved more than two...is it safe to assume the bridge was full of cars?

Lets not forget the thousands of people that is evil dady would have killed off eventually

i think the term that best suits hulk is ANTI-HERO. he will do the right thing if its for the right person. he will destroy those coming after him, yet save the ones he likes. many comics had him pairing up with kids or even hobo's. in the first movie, yeah he saved betty, stopped the pllane, but every one he "hurt" was army trying to kill him or his dad trying hard to be a comic character he should never been.

Having opening-day tickets meant that I was in the theater watching Ang Lee's Hulk on June 23, 2003, instead of sleeping in my apartment (as originally planned) when it was set on fire. See, movie Hulk saved Real-Life people too! All the prep time in the world won't let Batman do that.

Having opening-day tickets meant that I was in the theater watching Ang Lee's Hulk on June 23, 2003, instead of sleeping in my apartment (as originally planned) when it was set on fire. See, movie Hulk saved Real-Life people too! All the prep time in the world won't let Batman do that.

Cool story right there, but to me the Hulk has never been a real hero. Plain and simple, if people would leave Banner alone, the Hulk would never show up anyway. Its what makes the character so interesting. Batman does what he does out of sheer will, he has it all and CHOOSES to fight crime. The Hulk does what he does out of protection, and if he happens to save your life in the process, you can consider yourself lucky...

Just a question about the Hulk in Ang's Movie.

When he jumped onto the bridge, why did Hulk look down then up then save the plane from crashing into the bridge?

When he jumped onto the bridge, why did Hulk look down then up then save the plane from crashing into the bridge?

My assumption always was that he was looking down at the bridge and figured out in his clouded mind that the plane was headed right for it.

That scene did seem a little forced. Up until that point, we'd seen the Hulk do nothing but smash whatever was in his path, so that sudden momentary bit of moral implication felt out of place.

The way they were selling him, you wouldn't even think Hulk could make the mental distinction that there were people on the bridge and that the people would drown and/or be crushed by the debris.

The Hulk is just a force of nature to be honest. When Banner is in Hulk form, he's angry about something, and that something is what Hulk will focus on. More than likely if he doesn't view you as a threat, or he views you as somewhat of a "friend" you're out of his line of fire. Otherwise, you're on the **** list. Most Marvel characters have used this to manipulate him to the side of good or evil simply by saying someone wronged him or insulted him.

That scene did seem a little forced. Up until that point, we'd seen the Hulk do nothing but smash whatever was in his path, so that sudden momentary bit of moral implication felt out of place.

The way they were selling him, you wouldn't even think Hulk could make the mental distinction that there were people on the bridge and that the people would drown and/or be crushed by the debris.

You could argue that it was also to save his hide. By having the jet crash into the bridge, it would have led to the Hulk's tumble by the effects the crash would have created.

It works for me.

some people say he was trying to save some of the people on the bridge...

Personally i see him as wanting to simply save the pilot by making him miss the brigdge...

I also see his attempts to climb up to the cockpit was to redirect the weight of the aircraft to stop it climbing and return to 'earth'

It was just showing that he wasn't an animal and all he wanted to do was be left alone and he didn't really wish harm on anyone but was willing to use force in order to be left in peace.

The Hulk is only a hero in that he defeats other dangerous monsters who would otherwise be directly attacking innocents, but he doesn't really go out of his way to be heroic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"