Hey You Hulk Movie fans please don't ruin the sequel

JeetKuneDo said:
My smartass radar didn't even go off! :O .

Well you better get it fixed then :D

JeetKuneDo said:
Hey...the more I read you, the more you seem to be a kindred spirit. A gifted filmmaker can make "Hulk smash!" come off perfectly...just like it reads in the comic...and make sense. A lousy filmmaker will screw up the most "intelligent" dialog too.

Whoever was in charge of this stuff in the Hulk movie, be it Lee or someone else, they did not appear to understand the Hulk.

Thanks, I think all Hulk fans are kindred spirit. I think just for the sake of us "FAN BOYS" (I hate that term) they should have somehow fit that in. It's his catch phrase for pete sake!

I think Shammus was in charge of the screen play and or script. No I don't think he did his homework. However, there was an even worst screen play floating around which had a Red Hulk and a Green Hulk.:eek: Who comes up with this stuff??!!

Sava said:
they didnt get anyone from the comic book world involved :( or any Hulk fans involved in the script stage

Not even some Marvel advisors? That's disappointing to hear.

Even with that handicap, the movie had its moments...as seen in your avatar. :up:

Sava said:
some of it would have to be changed, like him being a spy for Russia, that would have to change for him working for Atheon. Because Atheon wants to know everything, they could have him experiment on himself. Mean while Bruce could be in Brazil or some where but finds it hard to cope with Hulk and feels that he's loseing control of his life and that there is no cure, he comes back, tries to kill himself, sets everything up. Emil finds out that he's here, follows him. When everything is set up and ready to go, guards bust in and Bruce and the guards get into a fight and accidentally set off the timer, they take him away and Emil is left in the room all alone and gets hit by radiation. its that simple ;)

Agreed, there has to be some changes to the origin of the Abomination.
I like that Banner will be in Brazil or somewhere else in the world. Just don't know about the part where he is losing control and tries to kill himself.
At the end of the movie he seemed to accept his life and Hulk. Maybe not completely, but I guess I don't want them to pull the Matrix.
Leading us somewhere then not following up with how the movie ended.

I was thinking maybe he would be captured and forced to be kill himself or something.

Sava said:
the thing is, we all know they wont, there is more of a chance of them handling the third person thing the wrong way than the right way. Why take a big risk which would make everything look bad, when you can have him talk in a normal way, even if it is in a childish way.
I'm not gonna argue that the third person thing is a MUST, but I will say they it can be done if handled well. There is no basis to assume they would screw up that aspect anymore than any other aspect.
It wasnt Unbelieveable when i was 8 or 9, it is now, i liked the fact that Marvel added more to it with Hulk Grey and saying that David might have been affected by radiation or something like that (cant remember the whole thing). The thing with David paasing something down to Bruce wasnt made up for the movie, it was already in the comics, that made sense to me.
now I hate to say this but that is just a silly statement. To say that the Gbomb origin is somehow LESS realistic that the exploding frog origin is just plain ,..well stupid. sorry but there is a HUGE suspencion of disbelief for both (unless you think it's somehow possible realistically for skin to become tougher than the hardest steel. or for a human to lift tons or for a person to be able to turn their bodies into other substances. ). come on, ALL of this is kids stuff. If the terminology they used to explain the exploding frog is what impressed you, than rest assured they could come up with equally impressive sounding words to explain the Gamma radiation too.

No one is anymore or less of a fan from anyone else, just because i dont go "oh my god, i love Hulk, i love everything about Hulk.. oh my gawd he could fart on Superman and kill him!!" and s**t like that doesnt make me any less of a fan than you.

ok here you're just being silly. no one is suggesting that being a fan equals losing your mind and thinking you fave character could do anything he wants. What I'm saying is if I taste orange juice and I love it, but you taste orange juice, like it, but really don't like the orange color, hate the pulp, and hate the natural sweetness of the juice (you have to add sugar),. THAN clearly I LIKE ORANGE JUICE MORE THAN YOU DO. I'm more of a fan.

You're looking at Hulk thinking half of the character makes no sense and is way too childish,..well unless you're a complete idiot you CANNOT be that much of a fan. causre that would mean you are a fan of silly/bad stuff

Sava said:
I didnt say that it says he was infected, just that he might have been, Wikipedia says that same thing, Brian was sure that something had happened to him, which for me was enough to show that Bruce isnt normal, there might have been somthing in him to help him live. Your right, they could just say that they dont know the effects of a Gamma Bomb on a human and that when the accident happens its a good enough reason to say that. Its just that with this in there too, it makes him special, there is something different in him that makes him different than anyone else, that effected what happend to him when he got hit by the Gamma Rays, thats all. If not then there would be no Abomination or the Leader and so on, there must be something different in each of these guys that make them who they are.

you see this clearly demonstrates to me that you don't get the character at all. The point is Bruce is NOT special. that he, in a way represents US, the "Hulk in all of us". that was the beauty of the Marvel U. That these guys were us, the average man gifted with special abilities. Making Banner "special" alienates him from that, from the average human. Hulk's rage coming from a father's experimation from birth take s away the "what if I became the Hulk" feeling the character gives us. That's another thing the movie missed which having him talk would have helped to convey. The very phrase LEAVE HULK ALONE, speaks volumes in that regard

Sava said:
just to be clear, i would love to see the GBomb experiment, and the accident and Bruce saving Rick's life, just the stuff after that i want sorted out, you know, as to why or how he survives. I guess i'm one of those people who needs things to be explained in a realistic way even if it is a movie about a Giant green man :confused:

like I said they could come up with all the fancy terminology to explain why it is that radiation could alter the human gene the same way the could explain why mutation could. Heck they could even say it wasn't "radiation" per say and come up with another reason (like Spider-man replaced radation with genetic experimation), as long as they keep the origin the EXPLOSION intact.

Sava said:
they didnt get anyone from the comic book world involved :( or any Hulk fans involved in the script stage

the problem is even if they had they would have gotten responses like "it's ok to change the origin. The Lee story is not that good anyway", "it's ok to make him 15' tall, it makes more sense that way anyway", "it's ok to make him a gorilla or lizard creature (remember that one cracker) as long as you keep the spirit of the Hulk,", "It's ok NOT to have him speak, it would sound silly anyway", it's ok, to basically do whatever you want ,....

That's what I argued about PRIOR to the movie coming out. That's what I'm fighting against NOW.

and the Marvel is even more guilty. They not only sell out these characters, to Hollywood, they even go as far as to change follow the same thinking for the COMICS themselves.

Hence the Hulk hasn't been "the HULK" in like 15 years.

HoratioRome said:
lizard creature (remember that one cracker) as long as you keep the spirit of the Hulk,"

I thought I was calling him The Incredbile JellyHulk :eek: :D

You know Hellpop, we're going to get blasted soon for putting down the movie even though we're not putting it down but pointing out the flaws. I think it was JeetKuneDo who said the he didn't mind Spidey having organic web shooters. Well yes and no. Yes they made sense. However, Peter is a genius and making them was something he could have done. Having to refill them added to the action and *Gulp* drama of the story. It added to the excitement of the fight. What will he do if he runs out of webbing? Why do fans put up with their heros getting bashed all the time. well I'm tired of trying to explain why I hate what they did to the Hulk. Gota go

Cracker Jack said:
I thought I was calling him The Incredbile JellyHulk :eek: :D

You know Hellpop, we're going to get blasted soon for putting down the movie even though we're not putting it down but pointing out the flaws. I think it was JeetKuneDo who said the he didn't mind Spidey having organic web shooters. Well yes and no. Yes they made sense. However, Peter is a genius and making them was something he could have done. Having to refill them added to the action and *Gulp* drama of the story. It added to the excitement of the fight. What will he do if he runs out of webbing? Why do fans put up with their heros getting bashed all the time. well I'm tired of trying to explain why I hate what they did to the Hulk. Gota go

I know how you feel and once again agree. I'm pretty used to getting blasted for the wrong reasons by now lol.
As for SM's webbing I would have preferred for them to remain faithfull and keep the shooters, but to me it's not that big a deal because it's an almost invisible change. the webs look the same, act the same, etc. it's just a matter of facts that is different. They even added the I'm running out of webbing aspect in SM2. but yeah the change was unnecessary.

HoratioRome said:
the problem is even if they had they would have gotten responses like "it's ok to change the origin. The Lee story is not that good anyway", "it's ok to make him 15' tall, it makes more sense that way anyway", "it's ok to make him a gorilla or lizard creature (remember that one cracker) as long as you keep the spirit of the Hulk,", "It's ok NOT to have him speak, it would sound silly anyway", it's ok, to basically do whatever you want ,....

That's what I argued about PRIOR to the movie coming out. That's what I'm fighting against NOW.

and the Marvel is even more guilty. They not only sell out these characters, to Hollywood, they even go as far as to change follow the same thinking for the COMICS themselves.

Hence the Hulk hasn't been "the HULK" in like 15 years.

I remember before the movie came out and I was hearing about some of the changes....like the 15ft tall Hulk. I didn't really freak out. I took a "wait and see" attitude because I had liked what had happened with Spidey and X-men. I assumed someone knew what they were doing. The web shooter change didn't bother me with Spidey, the Rogue, Wolverine, and Magneto changes didn't bother me with X-men. (Or at least they didn't bother me enough to ruin anything.)

I was wrong. I'll admit it.

I think if there is another Hulk movie, I will not have the same attitude. They blew their "good will" with me. I would of course be the first one in the door to see it....but a giant mute Hulk will cause me to be very vocal.

HoratioRome said:
1) changing the Hulk Origin into a slow boring psychological crap
2)Changing the Hulk by making him a 15 foot (mighty joE young) monster
3)by alienating long time Hulk fans with these changes

it seems that FINALLY Hollywood and Avi Arad have learned a lesson,..please let them.
don't make it any more confusing for them.

It was a great movie.
1) disaggree, the Hulk Origin was slow, but not boring or crap.
The psychological part was needed to explain his multiple personality disorder and mental problems. Why he had rage inside him bringing out the Hulk when there was nothing to make him mad.
2) agree changing the Hulk by making him a 15 foot monster was bad. :down I do not like this, but i didn't say it was crap.

HoratioRome said:
let them STICK TO THE COMICS AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE!
Lets say they indeed had sticked to the comics as close as possible for the first movie. So the first film would be based of The Incredible Hulk #1.
What should they change and what should they keep?

Characters in the film. Bruce Banner, general Thunderbolt Ross, and Betty.
Villains Igor and the Gargoyle.
:D :up:
I don't know if I would put Rick Jones in the movie. Probably just at the beginning, just for the gamma bomb.
K you have to remember to stick closely to the comic, No Changing the Villains!!!

Hugebear said:
It was a great movie.
1) disaggree, the Hulk Origin was slow, but not boring or crap.
The psychological part was needed to explain his multiple personality disorder and mental problems. Why he had rage inside him bringing out the Hulk when there was nothing to make him mad.
2) agree changing the Hulk by making him a 15 foot monster was bad. :down I do not like this, but i didn't say it was crap.
Wait, the Hulk isn't supposed to be a 15 foot monster? I seem to remember him being that way in the comic. Just curious as to what was wrong with it.

BatJeff7786 said:
Wait, the Hulk isn't supposed to be a 15 foot monster? I seem to remember him being that way in the comic. Just curious as to what was wrong with it.

I have seen the Hulk taking two girls in one hand ion the comics, so this is cheap bullcrap anyway. Just to complain about anything and then say 'Oh I am a comic expert so i don't accept changes'.

Cracker Jack said:
Really? How so? Isn't issue #1 the origin of the Hulk and all the issues that follow his story? Arn't the "What if" issues just that, What if? Sheesh

Every superhero is a what if.

What if a normal guy turn into a green monster by rage? What ifs are not just a comic book type.

El Payaso said:
Every superhero is a what if.

What if a normal guy turn into a green monster by rage? What ifs are not just a comic book type.

Ahhhhh right. I think you're missing the point. The Incredible Hulk (comic book) is the story of Bruce Banner that happens in the Marvel Universe. What Ifs are alternate stories or a different spin on the actual story. Sorta like the movie we got. :p :down

El Payaso said:
I have seen the Hulk taking two girls in one hand ion the comics, so this is cheap bullcrap anyway. Just to complain about anything and then say 'Oh I am a comic expert so i don't accept changes'.

That's the Ultmite Hulk, a different Hulk in a different book. He also eats people in that book if I'm not mistaken. To bad Ang didn't have the Hulk eat people was well as grow. :down

Cracker Jack said:
Ahhhhh right. I think you're missing the point. The Incredible Hulk (comic book) is the story of Bruce Banner that happens in the Marvel Universe. What Ifs are alternate stories or a different spin on the actual story. Sorta like the movie we got. :p :down

Every movie happens in an alternate universe for that matter.

That's why 100% of superhero movies have changes.

Cracker Jack said:
That's the Ultmite Hulk, a different Hulk in a different book. He also eats people in that book if I'm not mistaken. To bad Ang didn't have the Hulk eat people was well as grow.

Comics have different takes on the character. Movies too.

Cracker Jack said:
That's the Ultmite Hulk, a different Hulk in a different book. He also eats people in that book if I'm not mistaken. To bad Ang didn't have the Hulk eat people was well as grow. :down
Both of you are right, artist always draw the Hulk more than 8 or 9 feet tall, its just never been said that he is that big, still 15 feet was too big ( why is it, 3 years later and we still keep coming back to this? :D)

El Payaso said:
Every movie happens in an alternate universe for that matter.

That's why 100% of superhero movies have changes.

Last post about this

If the change is a legitimate effort to keep the material current, I'm ok with that. All too often, though, the director changes elements that he simply doesn't believe in regardless of whether they're integral to the character or not. This is not "vision"; it's just ego, and if the director can't make a faithful adaptation, he should do his own character and not piss on someone else's material. Stan and Jack didn't create Bruce Banner who was born with gamma-irradiated DNA. Bob Kane and Bill Finger didn't see Bruce Wayne as a quirky recluse in a rubber battlesuit. They did this stuff for a reason, and in most cases, what they did was create successful characters with decades of staying power. I actually like to respect the stuff I'm a fan of, and I like to make up my own mind about movies and not just mindlessly bend over for every horse**** idea a director can think of. I respect a director's right to add layers to adapted material, but that doesn't mean that every decision they make is the right one. There is a big difference between dramatic and depressing, and I have never found the original Hulk depressing. Lee got all of it right--Stan, that is--and while I will continue to enjoy much of The Hulk, I'll always wonder what the movie would have been like had the other Lee gotten all of it right as well.

Thanks Scandy for you insight, once again. :up:

HoratioRome said:
you see this clearly demonstrates to me that you don't get the character at all. The point is Bruce is NOT special. that he, in a way represents US, the "Hulk in all of us". that was the beauty of the Marvel U. That these guys were us, the average man gifted with special abilities. Making Banner "special" alienates him from that, from the average human. Hulk's rage coming from a father's experimation from birth take s away the "what if I became the Hulk" feeling the character gives us. That's another thing the movie missed which having him talked would have helped convey. The very phrase LEAVE HULK ALONE, speaks volumes in that regard
i disagree, if Bruse isnt special, then the only thing or reason Hulk isnt controllable is cause of Bruce's mental problems. THen all Ross has to do is that same thing again but with normal guys who dont have mental scars like Bruce and then you have 10 hulks taking on one. Come on, if Bruce was just your everyday guy who was hit by radiation and Hulk is his repressed feelings and s**t like that, would you take a "normal" person and do the exact same thing?

Sava said:
i disagree, if Bruse isnt special, then the only thing or reason Hulk isnt controllable is cause of Bruce's mental problems. THen all Ross has to do is that same thing again but with normal guys who dont have mental scars like Bruce and then you have 10 hulks taking on one. Come on, if Bruce was just your everyday guy who was hit by radiation and Hulk is his repressed feelings and s**t like that, would you take a "normal" person and do the exact same thing?

I'm sorry if this is going to sound harsh to you SAVA, I am in fact answering this post and some other responses as well but;

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER READ ANY HULK COMICS?

Seriously,..people come on,...this is ridiculous.

Sava, FYI there have been many "Hulks", many, many, many people turned into "monsters" by Gamma radiation (heck one time I believe there was a whole town of Hulks).
was it the fact that they had a different name that threw you off?
What do you think Abomination, Leader, Samson, The many Hulk Rick jones, the Hulk dogs,..and so on and so on are?
statements like that are (sorry to say this sava) but are really quite stupid. They show your TOTAL lack of knowledge for the character.
They show you are not quite the "fan" you pretend to be.
btw,...fan is short for FANATIC.
my question is why are you here arguying about a character you know so little about; ruining it for those of us who know why the Hulk is such a great character.

The reason why the military has not produced an army of Hulks is because the experiment is not controllable or predictable. No one really understand how it works, and trying it may result in deaths, or in something much worst than the Hulk.

As to the people who claim Hulk has been 15' tall in the comics YOU ARE WRONG.

No let me take that back. Prior to the movie coming out and Marvel selling out these characters for a buck (even in the comics) THE HULK HAS NEVER BEEN 15' TALL IN THE COMICS.
(perhaps in ONE panel he may have looked Huge because of bad art work) but NO COMIC has shown the Hulk as a constantly 15' tall guy (where the average Human come up to about his KNEES).

NEVER!

in fact until Keown, artists always went out of there way not to depict Hulk's height difference. some even made him quite short.

what comics where YOU READING????????????????????????????

Cracker Jack said:
Last post about this

If the change is a legitimate effort to keep the material current, I'm ok with that. All too often, though, the director changes elements that he simply doesn't believe in regardless of whether they're integral to the character or not. This is not "vision"; it's just ego, and if the director can't make a faithful adaptation, he should do his own character and not piss on someone else's material. Stan and Jack didn't create Bruce Banner who was born with gamma-irradiated DNA. Bob Kane and Bill Finger didn't see Bruce Wayne as a quirky recluse in a rubber battlesuit. They did this stuff for a reason, and in most cases, what they did was create successful characters with decades of staying power. I actually like to respect the stuff I'm a fan of, and I like to make up my own mind about movies and not just mindlessly bend over for every horse**** idea a director can think of. I respect a director's right to add layers to adapted material, but that doesn't mean that every decision they make is the right one. There is a big difference between dramatic and depressing, and I have never found the original Hulk depressing. Lee got all of it right--Stan, that is--and while I will continue to enjoy much of The Hulk, I'll always wonder what the movie would have been like had the other Lee gotten all of it right as well.

Thanks Scandy for you insight, once again. :up:

WELL SAID:up:

Cracker Jack said:

cracker once again you are correct but Iwonder why you continue to answer this guy who CLEARLY has NO clue as to what he's talking about.

HoratioRome said:
I'm sorry if this is going to sound harsh to you SAVA, I am in fact answering this post and some other responses as well but;

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER READ ANY HULK COMICS?

Seriously,..people come on,...this is ridiculous.

Sava, FYI there have been many "Hulks", many, many, many people turned into "monsters" by Gamma radiation (heck one time I believe there was a whole town of Hulks).
was it the fact that they had a different name that threw you off?
What do you think Abomination, Leader, Samson, The many Hulk Rick jones, the Hulk dogs,..and so on and so on are?
statements like that are (sorry to say this sava) but really quite stupid. They show you TOTAL lack of knowledge for the character.
They show you are not quite the "fan" you pretend to be.
btw,...fan is short for FANATIC.

The reason why the military has not produced an army of Hulks is because the experiment is not controllable or predictable. No one really understand how it works, and trying it may result in deaths, or in something much worst than the Hulk.

As to the people who claim Hulk has been 15' tall in the comics YOU ARE WRONG.

No let me take that back. Prior to the movie coming out and Marvel selling out these characters for a buck THE HULK HAS NEVER BEEN 15' TALL IN THE COMICS.
(perhaps in ONE panel he may have looked Huge because of bad art work) but NO COMIC has shown the Hulk as a constantly 15' tall guy (where the average Human come up to about his KNEES). in fact until Keown, artists always went out of there way not to depict Hulk's height difference. some even made him quite short.

what comics where YOU READING????????????????????????????

your right about the many Hulks, i was wrong. I still dont like that they all seem to have different powers even though they are all normal people who have been hit by the same radiation. I'll buy the idea of "different frequencies of gamma radiation affect different human beings in different ways". Your right in that part, my bad :up:

your also right about Hulk being 15ft tall in the comics, he never was that high. He wasnt always 7ft tall either, he has been drawn to be bigger. we had the same arguement a LONG time ago. I dont agree with everything they've done with Hulk, there are too many different Hulks IMO, i'm not a fan of Samson either. I especially hate what they've done with Ultimate Hulk, i have a question, if a guy loves all this, everything they've done with Hulk so far, does that make him a great fan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"