The Dark Knight How many people are still confused?

You know what? Who cares, as long as it's Batman, kids and parents will go to watch the movie and enjoy it right?

Yes, they will enjoy it. :) Although I'm not sure if kids really did enjoy Begins.

catman, as much as i love the female form, your avvy makes it hard for me to read your posts...

That must have been the 5 seconds she wasn't talking about how great Tom and WOTW is. :o

YES!! I remember wanting to tear my hair out when I was watching her being interviewed on shows like Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight. There was a few seconds of Begins talk and the whole thing would switch to Cruise and WOTW. It was like she was trying to jeopardize Begins on behalf of WOTW. :cmad:

Oh and as far as calling it a prequel goes. There's a show called Star At The Movies (shows trailers) and the host calls every single remake or sequel a prequel. Yes, sequels as well.

It had Batman fighting ninjas, trust me, they loved it.

Except you couldn't really see what was going on! :cmad: To quote, Wesyeed, I've seen better fight scenes on Power Rangers!

[YT]dJ1hmvAUAF8[/YT]

Except you couldn't really see what was going on! :cmad: To quote, Wesyeed, I've seen better fight scenes on Power Rangers!

Yes... the fights should definatley be more like that.

You do have an excellent taste in avvies Catman. :D

Yeah...I went to put in Begins last night and my gf complained she didn't remember liking it much. Points off right there. I started to explain why it was better than the others, but it's pointless to do that when the person clearly has little interest to begin with. I told her they were filming the sequel right now. She responds with something along the lines of "How do you make a sequel to that?" Insinuating, it would stupid to sandwich a movie in between Begins and 89'Batman. Major points off!!

I think anyone who is confused about the franchise restarting, will get it when they see Joker again with a different take.

I kind of sympathise with your gf, Begins is still really fun on repeat viewings but its more functional than memorable. But with TDK I expect Nolan will have more confidence to let loose, without all the exposition to get through, and an iconic, cinematic character that doesn't need a backstory to work

Agreed. Once the average viewer realizes Joker is in the movie, that should be enough to set the alarms off. "Oh..i guess they are restarting the batman movies from scratch"

Agreed. Once the average viewer realizes Joker is in the movie, that should be enough to set the alarms off. "Oh..i guess they are restarting the batman movies from scratch"

Yeah.

It's not really the general publics fault. The title of "Batman Begins" alone makes it sounds like a prequel. Besides changing the murderer of Bruce's parents Batman Begins could fit into the continuity of the 90s films. The 90s films are still fresh in everybody's minds, it was only a few years ago...so obviously everyone assumes their somehow connected.

If the title was "The Dark Knight" from the beginning I think some of this would have bin avoided because "Batman Begins" sounds way to much like a name of a prequel movie.

The new movie will make everyone perfectly aware that these movies are no way connected to the 90s films. With the Joker and Two-face people will see how different they are from the 90s films and there will be no way for even the dumbest of people to try and connect the 90s films to Nolan's.

People will be confused going into the movie though...I think the title change is going to throw them off enough.

It's not really the general publics fault. The title of "Batman Begins" alone makes it sounds like a prequel. Besides changing the murderer of Bruce's parents Batman Begins could fit into the continuity of the 90s films. The 90s films are still fresh in everybody's minds, it was only a few years ago...so obviously everyone assumes their somehow connected.

If the title was "The Dark Knight" from the beginning I think some of this would have bin avoided because "Batman Begins" sounds way to much like a name of a prequel movie.

The new movie will make everyone perfectly aware that these movies are no way connected to the 90s films. With the Joker and Two-face people will see how different they are from the 90s films and there will be no way for even the dumbest of people to try and connect the 90s films to Nolan's.

People will be confused going into the movie though...I think the title change is going to throw them off enough.

Really? How?

I think some of you give the public's memory too much credit. Batman is near and dear to many of us, so we have re-watched, analyzed, and remember the old films pretty well. Most people saw it once or twice, and probably remember very little other than the very basics, let alone the details of the films. Many haven't seen the movies at all.

Really? How?
I think he means that Begins had Chill as the killer, while Napier was the killer in B89, which means that they couldn't be in the same continuity. He's right, but there are many other continuity issues which make it clear these are totally different series.

"Batman Begins" sounds way to much like a name of a prequel movie.

Good point.

I think some of you give the public's memory too much credit. Batman is near and dear to many of us, so we have re-watched, analyzed, and remember the old films pretty well. Most people saw it once or twice, and probably remember very little other than the very basics, let alone the details of the films. Many haven't seen the movies at all.

Well said :up:

Right. I checked IMDb. He played General M. Bison. I remember him flying through the air. Kylie Minogue was in it too (acting).

I saw that movie and although Kylie Minogue is in it, there's no acting in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"