How much action should a Superman movie have?

This film will be wall to wall action, mark my words.

WB will push for this to be an action film primarily. They've said it over and over.

This is great given how the past decades turned live action Superman into some wussy romantic comedy/drama. Good chance that approach is dead now.

I just hope they don't obsess over an action beat so much that they'll have Braniac fighting polar bears. :hehe:

15603.jpg

Do we want this extreme level of badassery from Superman? yeah Supes you show that punk a thing or two.

yea hopefully they will fine a good balance or story and action. it wouldnt be good to just be all out action like the TF movies and have no real depth of a story.

Im all for a good amount of balance between action and storyline. but sometimes a fight scene can be enough of a storyline.
Either way the action needs to be of epic proportions!!! Something close to that fight he had with Captain Marvel in JLA Unlimted episode "Clash". Yeah baby!!

Anyone wanting wall to wall action at the expense of a solid well developed story needs to rewatch Incredible Hulk. Great action sure, but i'd hardly rank it as one of the best movies out there, or one that i'd want to see more than once in the theatre. Was it really that much better than ang lee's hulk? He gave us plenty of action, "hulk smash" great, fun to watch but it gets boring after a while. Same with Transformers 2.

If they don't want to reboot this movie again after this film is made, invest some time in a solid story and characters people will care about and want to come back and see again. Definitely have great action but not at the expense of a decent story.

I still say they need to forget going for the Iron Man, Spiderman "corny" style approach or even the Batman "realism" style approach.

They need to go for a pure Sci Fi style. Hire a director who does pure Sci Fi.
Visually, they need to take their ideas from movies such as Blade Runner, Star Trek.

Also for the music, get someone like James Horner or Vangelis. Think big, not small. Get some courage and balls and give us a proper Superman Sci Fi masterpiece.

Thats the only way to give us an exciting Superman that is different to any other Comic Book movie out there.

well with spidey/ironman i think folks are just talking more about tone and feel which would be right mix for superman to have. I to totally agree they need/should do scifi end of superman too.

well with spidey/ironman i think folks are just talking more about tone and feel which would be right mix for superman to have. I to totally agree they need/should do scifi end of superman too.

The Sci Fi part of Superman is what has been the most interesting in the last 20 years, so I think they should be going for that route, to differentiate Superman from the other Comic book heroes.

I'm curious to see how Green Lantern turns out, as that Sci Fi elements in it.

But definitely, rather than copy the others, why not go out and do something radical?

I would love to see a Superman using futuristic visual aesthetics inspired by Sci Fi classics, and incorporating elements of various Superman incarnations.

oh me too as i been saying for a few months now they definately should play up the scifi/fantasy and the more comic bookie stuff this time. but do throw in the touchs of realism and stuff for human characters.

yeah Iron Man was petty spot on altho the end clash is a little short i think but the film was fun and still managed to have a seriousness to it.

No, Iron Man's only short coming was its lack of action, and the only reason it worked was becuz RDJ did such an amazing job and was so interesting that the lack of good action didnt matter. Im thinking it needs more action than most comic films and that action needs to be dynamic and amazing. Superman can accomplish feats and do things that no other superhero could and needs to feel that powerful. For instance in superman returns when he just lets that burglar unload a couple thousand rounds on him would never happen. He is not a pacifist, he is a man of action. He would have melted that gun and been on that burglar with a swiftness that is absolutely impossible and godlike. I want a superman portrayed like he was in birthright, where he isnt afraid to be a badass and I want the action in the film to reflect that.

[YT]IJE2SY-kNJU[/YT]I want to see something like this:

Last edited:
:wow: DO WANT. Not with Hulk though...

yeah not with hulk but that's the sort of action i want to see with supes facing off against someone bigger.

Qustion how do you embed a video instead of linking to it?

That woul be great. and day u just do the YT quote and take the letters/numbers after the = in the address and post in in the YT quote to link video.

Sweet success! Thanks Webhead!

[YT]IJE2SY-kNJU[/YT]

no problem i too for a long time wondered how to embed a video in a post.

I was just thinking, since he's constantly facing off against other people at his level or higher, he needs to have some fighting ability outside of his powers. I'm not suggesting anything crazy, like martial arts (JJ Abrams what were you thinking ) but something like greco roman wrestling. Like maybe clark was on the jv wrestling team before his powers emerged or his dad was teaching him. Something to give him a basic skillset. Also i like the greco roman wrestling thing b/c it invokes the idea of ancient strongmen, like atlas, hercules, or samson. Just my thoughts.

Alternatively he could just be trained in the fortress so this maybe a mute point.

Now a lot of people who didn't like Superman Returns (like me) have said Superman Returns lacked action.

So how much action should there be in a Superman movie? I think a Superman movie should have at least two good scenes, now Superman can still save airplanes and all that stuff, but he should have some fight scenes.

Now I'm not suggesting that a Superman movie be all action and no plot, like Transformers 2, but it should have some action, Superman is an action hero, not a player in a romanatic comedy or something.

I think he needs to battle a visually-interesting supervillain who's cosmically powered like Brainiac or Darkseid. I say at-least three major battle scenes.

I agree we dont need to see superman doing martial arts moves, but a more wrestler style fighting would fit superman more when he is doing close combat with a foe like doomsday/darksied/etc....

it needs to be a James Cameron type of movie, where there is so great, deep, emotional storytelling, but with some really exciting and engaging action secquences in it as well. a good action secquence has a plotline and 3-act structure of its own, and there was one action scene in Superman Returns that did that: the airplane rescue. It was a terrific scene, but it wasn't enough to satisfy the action craving many moviegoers felt when going to Superman.

I'd love to see something like this honestly.

[YT]n8VPOP7huew[/YT]

i do hope they can strike a balance of good story telling and character development and some kick butt action scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"