Visualizing A Superman Reboot: Pictures Welcome - Part 1

X-men: First Class used some great flying rigs that were pretty daring. As a result, Banshee's flying sequences looked great. I hope something similar is used in MoS. At the very least don't use CGI Supes for close ups, that really looked unnecessary in Returns.

Watching Returns nowadays, the full CGI flying Superman is more and more distracting. Even Brandon Routh complained that he wished that he did more of his own flying in Returns.

When you're watching a flying scene, there's often very little backdrop (other than sky) to focus on other than the character on screen. I think that's half the reason why the CGi Superman in SR looked so bad during flight scenes. You might get away with it in a city fight/action shot with lots of other things going on, but not when flying.

But then, SR had a worse issue : too much reliance on CGi period, no matter what the backdrop was.

s8.jpg

I agree that the Xmen FC flying scenes were superb. And even the flight scenes in Iron Man were pretty impressive on first viewing.

I would like to see some extended fight scenes where Superman and Zod/a villain are hovering in mid-air, over a city. Something a bit more intense and destructive than we've seen.

Kind of like this:

015lyk.jpg

I think that the Buffalo, NY City Hall is a perfect template for an art deco style Daily Planet.
cityhall1.jpg

Look at that building! Put a spinning globe on top and BAM!

More Birthright inspired stuff in the movie would be great. I'd definitely like to see a Krypton like the one in Birthright. I don't want to see that Lex is a friend of Clark's because it seems too strange he wouldn't recognize him and I definitely don't want to see Lex as a child, but a lot of the other Birthright elements I would like.

I really like the images above.

One thing really looking forward to as i am sure most people are is the flying scenes and how Zack chooses to do them.

This scene from Legends of Guardians (another Zack Snyder film) is pretty damn awesome and gives me high hopes for MOS, i just hope if we do get slo mo close ups of Superman flying that it is actually Cavil and not CGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsUzVTynXsQ&feature=related

I heard that Zack is supposedly abandoning his visual talents in favor of a realistic look for this movie. I certainly hope he doesn't do that full on. What I mean is, while I prefer as much special effects (practical) being used as opposed to visual effects (cgi) and having a movie with a natural look and shoot on set as much as possible etc, I still want to see some visual treats that only Zack can bring to life. I hope he will balance the ´´realistic`` and the ´´artistic`` sides. I want Superman to stand out, literally, in every frame. I also hope we got a lot of classic imagery of Superman, both of him in action, flying, different poses etc. I mean the really visually impressive scenes that look like a page of a comic book comes to life. That's what Zack is the best at. So why hire him to do a Superman movie if he wont put those talents to use. Out of all the superheroes, IMO Superman lends itself the most to that kind of imagery.
But of course a large dose of CGI is needed for fight/flying scenes and such. That's why im glad they have WETA and Double Negative on the team (if the info on IMDB is correct). Don't get much better than that when it comes to CGI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"