Iron Fist How to fix the show in Season 2 (spoilers)

Less Rand Corp drama and (WAY) more martial arts (w/better fight choreography) and I'll be happy.

Also, here's who I want for the other immortal weapons.

Jing Tian as Tiger's Beautiiful Daughter

Peter Mensah as Prince of Orphans (Marvel dual casted Matt Gerald and Alfre Woodard)

Daniel Wu as Dog Brother

The fat Chinese hit man from John Wick 2 as Fat Cobra

Better martial arts choreography and more of it. Iron Fist i of the martial arts world. Show us that world.
Give Danny a clear cut purpose...what does he want?
Give us a villain with a clear cut plan.

Better martial arts choreography and more of it. Iron Fist i of the martial arts world. Show us that world.
Give Danny a clear cut purpose...what does he want?
Give us a villain with a clear cut plan.

I agree. My choice is Cynthia Rothrock since she's a former martial arts legend who now runs a stage combat school.

The show can't be all martial arts. lol Sure, there could have been more in the first (although I don't think it necessarily called for it) but imo, there was a nice balance in the second half. I'd want to see that same pacing/balance in season 2.

That's a heck of a lot to negate with just one comment.
It was also in reference to what they've gotten her into all this time + all those revelations between them.
I think you're purposefully suppressing context to not see it, but sure.

The irony... lol

There was no context that trumped Claire saying what she said at the end. In fact, it was the culmination of exactly why they don't make the best romantic partners. The relationship didn't really enhance either character. I'd say Colleen actually suffered, as she spent most of her time onscreen enabling Danny and not in a good way. They had their sweet moments but there's not enough substance to them for me, certainly not compelling enough for the writers to forgo exploring Danny's canon relationship. That's nonsense, imo.

Since Rand is this large corporation, make it more of espionage, kung-fu series and have him partly going around the world to root out the rest of the Hand and get training in other kinds of martial arts.

Get Tarsem Sighn as co-showrunner. For the visuals like Emerald City had.

Get Tarsem Sighn as co-showrunner. For the visuals like Emerald City had.
as director? yes. As showrunner? no. Singh is a very talented visual guy but his storytelling abilities are very, very limited. The Cell might be the most beautiful looking crap movie of the early 2000s. Singh is basically a slightly better version of Snyder.

Also, I still want my second season of Emerald City, that show was great.

The irony... lol

There was no context that trumped Claire saying what she said at the end. In fact,it was the culmination of exactly why they don't make the best romantic partners. The relationship didn't really enhance either character. I'd say Colleen actually suffered, as she spent most of her time onscreen enabling Danny and not in a good way. They had their sweet moments but there's not enough substance to them for me, certainly not compelling enough for the writers to forgo exploring Danny's canon relationship. That's nonsense, imo.
Absolutely the irony.
I keep rewinding to these clips of romantic melodrama and "sweet moments".
Why I joked at first that if he's suddenly with Misty and the writers were finally self-aware they'd turn that into a sitcom cliche.

Absolutely the irony.
Why I joked at first that if he's suddenly with Misty and the writers were finally self-aware they'd turn that into a sitcom cliche.

LOL Sure.

I liked the first season - the fight choreograph was the most jarring moments with the acting just atrocious and the swings so far off their mark it looked like high school kids having a fake fight.

Everything else i was okay with, in the second season a more central villain would be nice, but I felt they had to tie so much together before the defenders and ironfist kind of got shafted imo.

as director? yes. As showrunner? no. Singh is a very talented visual guy but his storytelling abilities are very, very limited. The Cell might be the most beautiful looking crap movie of the early 2000s. Singh is basically a slightly better version of Snyder.

Also, I still want my second season of Emerald City, that show was great.

Get out of my head.

Yeah, I said co-runner cause I wouldn't want him solely doing writing, but having input on the style of the series would be great.

IF we get a second season. Who knows if that will happen. This might've been all we get

1. Better villains; or a stronger central villain for the season
2. New showrunner
3. C-O-S-T-U-M-E
4. Possible love triangle with Misty Knight
5. Less corporate boardroom politics; if we do, it has to be integrated to what's going on with the central story. The power struggle for Rand Corp. just wasn't interesting at all. If this happens, it has to be more of Danny taking charge and repairing the corporate and cultural image of the company, damned with corporate suit opinions.
6. More of K'un L'un

This

Absolutely the irony.

You mean on Luke Cage?

The Misty thing on that seemed like what it was. A one night stand.

You mean on Luke Cage?

The Misty thing on that seemed like what it was. A one night stand.

Referring to Iron Fist's canonical comics pairing with Misty somehow ending up in the MCU.

Definitely get a new showrunner. As director, get someone from the field of Hong Kong cinema. When I watch Iron Fist, I want martial arts eye candy. Also immediately throw a mask on Finn Jones' face, and get one of the best martial artists that your money can get you.

Honest question to you all, am I expecting too much of Iron Fist, when I want to see something like this on the show? (Minus the obvious wire work) Taking on a horde of thugs/Ninjas/whatever and barely breaking a sweat?

[YT]JtYtX1sjGu8[/YT]

As I understand it, Danny's chi control allows him to augment his abilities to superhuman levels, so even without his iron fist that can turn a steel door into scrap, he should be able to send people flying with his punches and kicks.

Though if that clip above is too over the top, I'd at least like to see this level of badassness of Iron Fist.

[YT]ffmrrzQ_Jk8[/YT]

I actually liked some of the boardroom stuff. I just wish Danny was present for more. Would have liked to have seen Danny juggle being a businessman with being a superhero. You can't really say he juggled the two if he just blows off one of them whenever he feels like. Plus he gets turfed out as soon as it feels like he's about to be dragged in again.

Honest question to you all, am I expecting too much of Iron Fist, when I want to see something like this on the show? (Minus the obvious wire work) Taking on a horde of thugs/Ninjas/whatever and barely breaking a sweat?
Nah, you definitely want the wirework for a wu xia style superhero thing like this.
What hurts more is that you had the same fight coordinator as:
marco-polo-gif.gif

However, that bald pony-tailed guy brought in a lot of his own stunt people on to the show.

Also, Look up "Kurt Bunker Banshee fight" on youtube.

Nah, you definitely want the wirework for a wu xia style superhero thing like this.
What hurts more is that you had the same fight coordinator as:
marco-polo-gif.gif

However, that bald pony-tailed guy brought in a lot of his own stunt people on to the show.

Also, Look up "Kurt Bunker Banshee fight" on youtube.

What show is that scene from?

I actually liked some of the boardroom stuff. I just wish Danny was present for more. Would have liked to have seen Danny juggle being a businessman with being a superhero. You can't really say he juggled the two if he just blows off one of them whenever he feels like. Plus he gets turfed out as soon as it feels like he's about to be dragged in again.

I wouldn't write it out entirely. But I think they got the core bits out thematically this season. They can pull back the focus next season in exchange for a more training/becoming truly the Iron Fist focus.

That being said, I can see a bit of both working. If the season is about him becoming a better Iron Fist, I could see it also be about him becoming a better Danny Rand by truly making the company in his image. It runs the risk of becoming a bit too much like the "The Hand has infiltrated our company" or it could be the cringefest that was using Matt Murdock's lawyer "skills" in season two, but, if they use it in strategic, limited doses and, ideally, don't go with the "you're never here for this company" plot when he walks away for it a bit, I could see him becoming a smart businessman at the same time he becomes a better fighter while never compromising his integrity.

Here's how you do it:

In the first episode of next season...Danny pulls more of his stupid, stupid moves...selling products at the cost of manufacturing, with no hope for profit or ever recouping R&D costs, as well as admitting fault in law suits even when the facts show that the company is not at fault. This tanks the company....they go bankrupt...he loses all of his employees...the shareholders sue the living heck out of him for violating his fiduciary responsibilities. Then...he actually IS homeless...and not just cracking jokes about how people think that him and the homeless people are the same (this show is so freaking tone deaf).

Desperate for money...he teams up with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in Heroes For Hire.

That frees up two spots on Netflix for an ongoing Punisher series and maybe a Moon Knight or Blade...or heck...maybe Shang-Chi, just imagine how awesome a Marvel kung-fu show would be!

If we get a Season 2, I hope they add a big bad, who gets the **** beaten out of him in the final showdown. I want to see Iron Fist cut loose and throw at him everything he's got.

[YT]3f81YGQ5OSc[/YT]

Here's how you do it:

In the first episode of next season...Danny pulls more of his stupid, stupid moves...selling products at the cost of manufacturing, with no hope for profit or ever recouping R&D costs, as well as admitting fault in law suits even when the facts show that the company is not at fault. This tanks the company....they go bankrupt...he loses all of his employees...the shareholders sue the living heck out of him for violating his fiduciary responsibilities. Then...he actually IS homeless...and not just cracking jokes about how people think that him and the homeless people are the same (this show is so freaking tone deaf).

Desperate for money...he teams up with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in Heroes For Hire.

That frees up two spots on Netflix for an ongoing Punisher series and maybe a Moon Knight or Blade...or heck...maybe Shang-Chi, just imagine how awesome a Marvel kung-fu show would be!

Lol, Defenders is Heroes for Hire and we do have an ongoing Punisher show. I really think that Moon Knight, Elektra and Blade are next. Particularly Elektra.

Lol, Defenders is Heroes for Hire and we do have an ongoing Punisher show. I really think that Moon Knight, Elektra and Blade are next. Particularly Elektra.

Please direct me to confirmation of Punisher season 2. A link to any reputable news site will do.

I don't mind if Defenders has a shifting line-up. Heroes For Hire can be a subset of the group...the point is...I think that daredevil stands on his own for multiple seasons better than the others.

There is no reason quite yet to think that Netflix is willing to double down on their Marvel releases. I've seen no sign of them moving to 4 or 5 Marvel shows per year. At the moment, it seems like maybe a good idea would be to weed out a few that aren't working as well and introducing new series in their places.

Uhh, given how popular Misty is with fans and critics, I think it's safe to say her being in season 2 would only bring good buzz to a show that desperately needs more of it. There's no risk but even if there was, it certainly wouldn't be any bigger than the risk that came with Marvel/Metflix doing this show. The level of risk is not a good enough reason to avoid something.

Not sure why the actor's age gap is considered a negative? In fact, I think it could very much be used as a good thing, with Misty's helping to balance out Danny's naive/emotional side. One of the not so great things about Colleen/Danny is that she enabled him in a lot of ways and that was in part due to the similarities between them, which Claire pointed out in the very last episode. Misty/Danny would provide a much different dynamic, one that would be refreshing to see.

There is a problem here if you don't see it.. misty can never come into IF as a main character.. she is already confirmed as a main on s2 of LC.. if there is a IF season 2 colleen will still remain the main character with Danny.. they wont let misty come in and outshine her.. the fan outrage would be enormous.. as she is an asian female lead on a show that has allot of asian culture..so even if misty does come on IF dont expect to see her much. which is why i dont see danny/misty happening..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"