How will the chapter titles and quotations be done?

Shmoil

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering how you guys think the movie will treat the chapter titles and the quotes at the end of each chapter. Some of them are really great and help tie together the themes of each chapter, so I really hope they are included. Like, "Gaze not into the abyss, for the abyss gazes also into you."

It fits with the mood of the chapter so well, especially with that scene of the doctor looking at the ink blots and thinking about what he sees.

So how would you guys do the quotes?

I don't suppose we'll see those at all. Things like that get cut from movies. They are adapting the film into a medium with different rules.

That's kind of what I suspect, too.

But it makes me wonder how they'll shift gears from one chapter to the next. Because of the idea of chapters, it's easy to end a segment and begin a new one in a book, but in a film finding a transition from one segment to another can be difficult. I wonder if perhaps at the end of each segment (chapter), they might just fade to black and show the quotation. Like an occasional moment of silence with a quote, or something.

i figure the song quotes will be worked in. they will just play the songs.

Yeah. Snyder is good with this kind of thing. Remember how climatic it was the introduction of Johnny Cash's song in the beginning of Dawn of the Dead?

I think he'll do something in that vein.

I want it like Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Some shots of the book pages being turned over (preferrably by an ape hand) with a voice-over doing the quotes.

A lot of the quotes and such used in the comic can be done with simple cuts. I doubt they'll use the quotes to break up each section, but do regular cuts from one scene to the next. But I could see some of the quotes being used in certain lines of dialogue, like the watchmaker line

I want it like Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Some shots of the book pages being turned over (preferably by an ape hand) with a voice-over doing the quotes.

No, they are paying an obsessive fan to sit in the theaters during each showing and yell out the chapters and quotes.

I want it like Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Some shots of the book pages being turned over (preferrably by an ape hand) with a voice-over doing the quotes.

God no. That's how you lose credibility.

There's no reason to segment to movie at all.

A lot of the quotes and such used in the comic can be done with simple cuts. I doubt they'll use the quotes to break up each section, but do regular cuts from one scene to the next. But I could see some of the quotes being used in certain lines of dialogue, like the watchmaker line

I would have a shot of the Doomsday clock on a black or yellow background and it would flash onscreen, a gong noise would be heard signalling a new hour and throughout the movie it would move from 1 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Maybe you could have chapter titles but that would be one way to use material from the book to break it up.

Maybe they'll just use the chapter titles from the book on the DVD for scene selections.

The use or lack of transitions and chapter quotes is what I'm choosing to ask Zackie-boy through watchmencomicmovie.com. My original question, "Boxers or briefs?", will have to remain a distant fantasy (for now).

I figure they'll get axed. They'll make it seem too much like a book, and the only times movies have "chapter titles" within the film (as opposed to on the DVD, for example) is when they're deliberately trying to remind you of books/comics. Kill Bill for example.

I doubt we will see them...if this were a TV series then they would have their place but not here.

The use or lack of transitions and chapter quotes is what I'm choosing to ask Zackie-boy through watchmencomicmovie.com. My original question, "Boxers or briefs?", will have to remain a distant fantasy (for now).

LOL :wow: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"