Opening titles: The theme song and the look.

JamieMadrox said:
Alex Ross won't be doin' it this time. He was a ***** about it last time they say.
His retrospective comments on the movie weren't so positive. But money talks.

TheVileOne said:
His retrospective comments on the movie weren't so positive. But money talks.

I'm not saying the Spidey movies are bad movies,but the Fantastic Four movie made over $330 million at the box office,and that movie is pure garbage.

So money doesn't always talk.

Doctor Octopus said:
I'm not saying the Spidey movies are bad movies,but the Fantastic Four movie made over $330 million at the box office,and that movie is pure garbage.

What I'm saying is Alex Ross woud probably do it provided the money is good.

Goran said:
Or what about having the colors of the first spidey-black-suit-pic and also having rain??? And then Daily bugle papers could fly through the storm and show us different pic from the last two movies or just the last movie. And now and then a dark silhouette swings through the storm...
It's kind of a mix of the openings from SM1 an 2..

I really love that idea. Having the image of Spidey in the rain looking solemn has worked wonders so far.

black and white, and newspaper articals/photos of spidy that take place after 2, just to show passage of time between movies. It would also be cool if the webbing would kind of disolve or turn into black goo, basically give the opening an old school monster approach.

I think they should stray away from the original openings and have it start out with Spidey saving a bank being robbed by Shocker;)

I like the idea of the movie just starting. Maybe it could be various clips of Spider-man saving random civilians while the credits go so they can get the obligatory streat thug out of the way.

Goran said:
Or what about having the colors of the first spidey-black-suit-pic and also having rain??? And then Daily bugle papers could fly through the storm and show us different pic from the last two movies or just the last movie. And now and then a dark silhouette swings through the storm...
It's kind of a mix of the openings from SM1 an 2..

I like this idea!! ^_^

Or what if it rains and as the rain hits the suit or the suit-like background it turns black

if we have a recap, we don't need much of one. just little bits, the important parts that will come up in 3 (like they do on "Lost," just showing the clips that will impact this episode).

for music, i'd like to hear nothing but Spider-Man's theme. the only "villain" that's appeared throughout all the films is Harry, so if there was (or is going to be) an Osborn theme, it would be great to include that, but i don't see the point of including Venom's theme if he's only going to be in part of 3 (it'd be like including Darth Maul's theme in the opening credits of Episode I). just stick to the Spider-Man theme. maybe make it a little bigger, a little more epic, with some darker undertones that foreshadow the drama of this pic.

for a background, i'd like to see it red, blue and silver (all the colours of the current costume) with the red and blue slowly fading to black, leaving everything just black and white (or silver).

well i just heard the perfect song for spidey 3 it's called Animal i have become by three days grace, here are the lyrics I can’t escape this Hell,
So many times I’ve tried,
But I’m still caged inside,
Somebody get me through this nightmare,
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
This animal I have become.
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Somebody help me tame this animal.
(This animal, this animal.)

I can’t escape myself,
So many times I’ve lied,
But there’s still rage inside,
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

Somebody help me through this nightmare,
I can’t control myself,
Somebody wake me from this nightmare,
I can’t escape this hell,
(This animal x7)

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

Doctor Octopus said:

good previews = large opening week

good movies = large sales week after week like spider-man did. personally I liked Fantastic Four.

Mr.Phunk said:
well i just heard the perfect song for spidey 3 it's called Animal i have become by three days grace, here are the lyrics I can’t escape this Hell,
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

I can’t escape myself,
So many times I’ve lied,
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

I can’t control myself,
(This animal x7)

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
:down :down :down :down :down :down :down

It'll probably be yellows and blacks.

Yellow was a color used a lot in the movies, SM2 especially, as it is reflected with the camera filters, lighting, etc... I'm actually surprised that it wasn't the main color for the opening in SM2... of course however, red hadn't been used yet so it was more appropriate. Now, the yellow theme can continue and also represent the sand. The blackness will be there either because this is a darker film, or because of venom.

Originally Posted by Mr.Phunk
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

I can’t escape myself,
So many times I’ve lied,
I can’t control myself.

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

I can’t control myself,
(This animal x7)

So what if you can see,
The darkest side of me,
No one will ever tame,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,
Help me believe,
It’s not the real me,

:down :down :down :down :down :down :down[quote=Crimson Dynamo
Why thumbs down? its definately not the best but i think it captured the essence of wht sm3 is probably

Mr.Phunk said:
Why thumbs down? its definately not the best but i think it captured the essence of wht sm3 is probably
Only if Spidey sings it ala Phantom of the Opera.

Spider Boy said:
It'll probably be yellows and blacks.

Yellow was a color used a lot in the movies, SM2 especially, as it is reflected with the camera filters, lighting, etc... I'm actually surprised that it wasn't the main color for the opening in SM2... of course however, red hadn't been used yet so it was more appropriate. Now, the yellow theme can continue and also represent the sand. The blackness will be there either because this is a darker film, or because of venom.

I don't want to see yellow. At all. The intro colours were chosen as they appear in Spidey's costume, if anything the next logical colour would be all black, but a combination of red, blue and black would be fine.

And thanks Jspider13 for that comment. Coming on these, nay, any movie forum soon makes you realise that IMDB is hardly the most reliable resource for movie news.

i think theyre doing yellow or green. the opening song will be the one like the first one. its not elfman doing the score, but theyll use his song anyway. also, they probably just show us another recap of 1+2 by some other artist...

I think it'd be cool to have a comic strip w/vo that is actually the START of the third movie-maybe with spidey swinging through new york and then he investigates an alarm going off dives in to punch a baddie then we dissolve from the comic action to real action in mid-air combat freezeframe thingymagig.

I think they should have an in media rez here myself, then maybe a black and white intro with some John Romita Jr. work of 1 and 2.

ChineseFooD said:
I think it would be intresting to have the opening credits done in black and white for a few reasons. Because spidey will be wearing the costume later, because Venom/eddie brock will appear, and because this movie could possibly be darker than the others.

We should get a recap, but not in the form of paintings of the movie. We should have black and white photos of the previous villains and Spider-man on a Daily Bugle paper. In other words, it will be like reading the newspaper of the events from the previous movies. Finally ending with MJ at the harbor with John Jameson and the police, Spider-man swinging away.

Just have spidey's theme play, like you said, cause we've never had two villains.

Best post of the thread!:up:

They should also keep the Peter talkin'. When he says, "I'm Spider-Man."

I like the drawings. I think the color should be green, personally.

Mr. Vice said:
I think they should stray away from the original openings and have it start out with Spidey saving a bank being robbed by Shocker;)

I dont like that idea.
I wouldnt like them to change something that was in the first two movies for no good reason.

Not that I relly care about the opening, but I just dont like change after its already been established, You know what I mean?

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"