How will Thor fly?

I'd love it if movies didn't come with a billion trailer spots that reveal, oh, everything.

That's just me.

Two or three trailers never hurt anything, as long as they don't reveal the best stuff in the trailers

I watched two Iron Man 2 trailers and they might as well have shown me everything.

I've seen the Thor trailer, that's the only thing I'm gonna watch of it until the movie comes out. Too many amazing set-pieces get ruined because they're used as the selling points.

Just my opinion.

I watched two Iron Man 2 trailers and they might as well have shown me everything.

I've seen the Thor trailer, that's the only thing I'm gonna watch of it until the movie comes out. Too many amazing set-pieces get ruined because they're used as the selling points.

Just my opinion.

Seriously? They showed just enough in my opinion

True, amazing set pieces do get ruined because of being used as selling points, but I'm not the type of person that goes to the movie to be suprised.

This is the spoiler section btw

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm gonna steer clear of here as it gets closer to release day.

Although, I'm from England and we're getting it first. So it's not like anyone can spoil the movie for me.

Yeah, I'm gonna steer clear of here as it gets closer to release day.

Although, I'm from England and we're getting it first. So it's not like anyone can spoil the movie for me.

Trust me, the movie will be spoiled long before then

Just to let you guys know I recently heard Kenneth Brannagh on a radio interview in England, were he states to keep the God of Thunder more believable he decided with Marvel's consent not to allow his power of flight to be portrayed on film. Indeed he power of flight will be scaled down to hovering type scenes but no actually flying will happen. Brannagh also briefly mentioned his strength was scaled down to keep in line with a more believable superhero. I only caught the back end of the interview as I was rushing off to work but it sounds to me as if the Mighty Thor will only be half mighty.

G

Just to let you guys know I recently heard Kenneth Brannagh on a radio interview in England, were he states to keep the God of Thunder more believable he decided with Marvel's consent not to allow his power of flight to be portrayed on film. Indeed he power of flight will be scaled down to hovering type scenes but no actually flying will happen. Brannagh also briefly mentioned his strength was scaled down to keep in line with a more believable superhero. I only caught the back end of the interview as I was rushing off to work but it sounds to me as if the Mighty Thor will only be half mighty.

G
Not buying it.

I hope that's not the case. If you're trying to make a living god "more believable," you're doing it wrong.

I don't believe it. But if it's true, I wouldn't be surprised. If Thor was as powerful as he is in the comics, why would he even need the other heroes in the Avenger film?

The toned down strength I can beleive but going without flight?

That is one of his signature powers. Would be like having Spider-man not web slinging (and how will get around? Run to each battle?)

Oh well, we'll find out if it's true soon enough.

Hemsworth hinted at a Thor/Hulk throwdown in Avengers...which should indicate a comic book strength level......so if that casts doubt on this strength reduction rumor than doesn't the flight rumor follow suit?

The Hulk's not as strong in the movies as he is in the comics, either.

Woahhhhh if this is indeed the case, I might not even look forward to seeing "Thor" anymore. I understand making him more believable, but not at the cost of his two most prominent powers.

I REALLY hope this isn't true, If it is then all of my worst fears have actually come true. You sure don't hear Superman's directors trying to make him more "believable" (Superman Returns).

G

Iron Man's flight wasn't "toned" down, if human with technology can fly then why can't the f****** GOD OF THUNDER fly??? I think I'm actually more PISSED at Thor's strength being toned down.

This is where Marvel FAILS, they're ALWAYS toning down there most powerful heroes because they take "believability" too far.

Thor better be able to fly in the movie. If Iron Man can play and still be believable, then why should Thor be stripped of his signature flight ability? I don't want to see Thor needing to aboard a plane to get anywhere.

I've read the leaked script. It's dated March 26th 2010 and has Thor flying. Obviously they may have changed this during production, but it is a good sign.

Thor better be able to fly in the movie. If Iron Man can play and still be believable, then why should Thor be stripped of his signature flight ability? I don't want to see Thor needing to aboard a plane to get anywhere.

Exactly, and I hope they toned down Thor's strength only in the sense that he's not crushing planets & stuff like that.

I would be satisfied if they show that even without Mjolnir he's about as strong as Hulk was in TIH, or atleast strong as The Thing was in the FF films.

I've read the leaked script. It's dated March 26th 2010 and has Thor flying. Obviously they may have changed this during production, but it is a good sign.

Yeah, hopefully that interview was just heard the wrong way.

Here's something I read in an interview a few weeks ago, I hope this is a good indication to how Thor is portrayed in his film.

"As much as he's a god-he can travel through space & he has these superpowers & this super-strength" says Branagh.

Here's the link - http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=27413

Hiddleston is on record saying he flies and "appears and disappears" (teleports). If Loki flies then so does Thor. I don't buy the above post at all. Could be fishing.

Hiddleston is on record saying he flies and "appears and disappears" (teleports). If Loki flies then so does Thor. I don't buy the above post at all. Could be fishing.

In the script, Loki uses illusions a lot to appear and disappear. He also levitates Thor at one point. I don't remember him flying, butThor definitely does. Thor flies when fighting the Destroyer and while fighting Loki.

In the script, Loki uses illusions a lot to appear and disappear. He also levitates Thor at one point. I don't remember him flying, butThor definitely does. Thor flies when fighting the Destroyer and while fighting Loki.

Does Loki throw Thor when he levitates him? Does Thor really "fly" during the Destroyer & Loki fight or does he just hover?

Does Loki throw Thor when he levitates him? Does Thor really "fly" during the Destroyer & Loki fight or does he just hover?

Loki just holds him up in mid air, then there is some dialogue.

And Thor definitely flies. He is hovering, then spins the hammers and flies down fast towards the Destroyer.

Loki just holds him up in mid air, then there is some dialogue.

And Thor definitely flies. He is hovering, then spins the hammers and flies down fast towards the Destroyer.

Cool, what about flying against Loki & does Heimdall fight anybody?

Cool, what about flying against Loki & does Heimdall fight anybody?
Thor does, according to the script, fly toward Loki on his return. Heimdall....I'd have to read again I don't think he does

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"