• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how would you guys feel if they killed off nick fury

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
12,337
Reaction score
1
Points
31
i mean the 616 nick fury and replaced them with someone else, no not with a black guy who looks like samuel jackson. so how would you guys feel?
 
It would suck.

Fury is like the glue of Marvel.
 
I wouldn't mind. I'd just be waiting for Nick Fury: Rebirth.
 
GoldenAgeHero said:
i mean the 616 nick fury and replaced them with someone else, no not with a black guy who looks like samuel jackson. so how would you guys feel?
sigh.
i wouldn't like it.
 
what if they replaced him with magneto, (he gives up is magneto persona, and decided to work with the government.
 
GoldenAgeHero said:
what if they replaced him with magneto, (he gives up is magneto persona, and decided to work with the government.

Nope.

W/O his powers Magneto is a wimp compared to Nick Fury.
 
I didn't like it the first time that they killed Nick Fury.

Doing it a second time would be pretty frickin' redundant, eh?

He's Nick Fury, not Jean Grey.
 
Varient said:
Nope.

W/O his powers Magneto is a wimp compared to Nick Fury.

i said he'll give up his maneto persona not his powers. he'll be adressed by his real name, and not magneto. thats what i meant.
 
Gambit8370 said:
I didn't like it the first time that they killed Nick Fury.

Doing it a second time would be pretty frickin' redundant, eh?

He's Nick Fury, not Jean Grey.

i dont think it's redundant. if they killed him a second time for good.
 
Fury is the glue!

I hate that agent Hill character.
 
Been done before. Always easily undoable. Guy's got a billion LMDs
 
Best Fury line ever was in Bendis' DD:

DD: Fury, how'd you get in here?
Fury: What, are you kidding me? I'm a spy. In fact, I'm, THE spy!
 
I Love Fury as a character. I agree with Deemar. Fury is the glue that holds a large part of Marvel together. Fury is Shield. If fury dies shield should die too. and washington with it.... ... and maybe Switzerland.
 
GoldenAgeHero said:
i dont think it's redundant. if they killed him a second time for good.
Killing a character is a slap in the face to every creator who worked on the character and every fan who ever bought a comic because of that character.

It just seems like you're suggesting killing a character for the single intent of quenching some sick fanboy bloodlust.

The Magneto suggestion is a complete bulls**t about-face of the principles of the character. What are you Bendis? Magneto would never lead a SHIELD type organization. Do a little research. These characters have over 40 years of history which have reinforced the principles of the character. Go read Uncanny X-Men #150, a defining moment for the character. Then come back here and tell us how he would be running SHIELD again.

(shakes head)

Kids nowadays...:rolleyes:
 
Gambit8370 said:
Killing a character is a slap in the face to every creator who worked on the character and every fan who ever bought a comic because of that character.
I completely disagree

-Phoenix
-Gwen Stacy
-Barry Allen


etc. etc.
 
Okay really now.

Who the hell was buying Amazing Spider-Man because of Gwen Stacy?

Let's have a show of hands...
 
so it doesn't match your criteria literally. The point is, she was a massively important character, and her death heightened that
 
She never had her own comic.

Neither did Jean.

The Barry Allen was pretty much because the character was stagnated by a string of bad writers.

Enter self-sacrificing death scene and turning over the legacy to the next generation.

Re-igniting the popularity of the franchise.

The Flash is dead! Long live the Flash! The Flash is dead again! Long live the Flash again!

Jean is dead! Long live Madelyne! Jean is back! Jean is dead again! Jean is back again! Dead agai... whoops aliv... DAMNIT! I can't keep track! Long live Rachel and Emma!

Avengers Disassembled! New Avengers Assemble! New Avengers Disassemble! Long live Hawkeye!

I betcha a hundred bucks the pattern follows the pits and peaks of the sales charts.
 
Dont kill Nick, kill Agent Hill....what a crappy character.
 
Unless you suggest a good reason for Nick Fury to be killed off and replaced, this question is pretty silly. Why would we want to kill off a character unless we didn't like him or her? You might as well be asking, "Do you guys like Nick Fury or not?" And even then, it's not a particularly good reason for spontaneously offing a long-time character.
 
Gambit8370 said:
She never had her own comic.

Neither did Jean.

The Barry Allen was pretty much because the character was stagnated by a string of bad writers.

Enter self-sacrificing death scene and turning over the legacy to the next generation.

Re-igniting the popularity of the franchise.

The Flash is dead! Long live the Flash! The Flash is dead again! Long live the Flash again!

Jean is dead! Long live Madelyne! Jean is back! Jean is dead again! Jean is back again! Dead agai... whoops aliv... DAMNIT! I can't keep track! Long live Rachel and Emma!

Avengers Disassembled! New Avengers Assemble! New Avengers Disassemble! Long live Hawkeye!

I betcha a hundred bucks the pattern follows the pits and peaks of the sales charts.
Jean initial death was in no way a slap in the face, and she was extremely beloved being Cyclops primary love interest (remember Cyclops used to be that books Wolverine) and much of the story revolved around her and him together. However the death lives on as one of the most emotionally impacting stories in comics.
 
ShadowBoxing said:
Jean initial death was in no way a slap in the face, and she was extremely beloved being Cyclops primary love interest (remember Cyclops used to be that books Wolverine) and much of the story revolved around her and him together. However the death lives on as one of the most emotionally impacting stories in comics.


Which time was this?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"