how would you guys feel if they killed off nick fury

Depressed emo kid? What the hell comics have you been reading?

Vanguard07 said:
If you were within arm's reach I would hit you.
Collossus is friggin great. His personality in Ultimate U is that of an insecure depressed emo kid. Collossus in 616 is a hero through and through. He's got his artistic kind and gentle side as well as his caged animal. You claim Collossus has no personality I say you are most assuredly mistaken.

Here here.

I enjoyed him from the time he was introduced.

I LOL at the issue introducing Kitty Pryde,.... In the Drug Store where Logan was looking at a centerfold and the look of shock and surprise on Peters face as he looked over Logans shoulder,....

The Proteus run where he decided to kill.

The Savage Land Run,... where he Fathered a Son,.... who should be a bit older by now.

All that mess with his sister,...........

And then his Older brother.

He's the Xman I Identified with the most,... Big strong Silent.

Peace.

Darthphere said:
Dont kill Nick, kill Agent Hill....what a crappy character.

Great point. Hill sucks and i would be extremely p o'd if Nick was offed. I don't see it happening. He's a legend.

How did they bring Fury back in the first place?

The Fury Max series was cool.

And I think Agent Hill is a good, well written character, because the writers want you to hate her. And you know what? We ALL ****ing hate her guts!

And that brings me to my final point... Agent Hill is the reason that Fury won't die. (Any time soon anyway...)

I've heard Fury's MAX series was just this side of used toilet paper.

Varient said:
Ick.

Hudlin is not THAT BAD.

Stop it.

Yes he is. And come on. If he can get away with destroying T'Challa and replacing him with someone else entirely, Quesada'd let him do anything.

Elijya said:
so it doesn't match your criteria literally. The point is, she was a massively important character, and her death heightened that

Actually, Gwen was destined to become a stagnant character the moment Stan Lee decided to kill her father and made it look like it was Spider-Man's fault.

Gwen then became this two-dimensional character that hated Spider-Man, which tore Peter apart.

Perhaps another writer could have evolved her character beyond that, but a young Gerry Conway was not that great a writer, so he had her killed (with some nudging from Romita Sr.)

ASM #121 & 122 may have elevated her status, but between those books and ASM #90, she was becoming bland & prosaic.

I'll take your word for it, since that's a period I'm unfamiliar with (aside from Morbius and the whole 6 arms thing).

Yeah, another writer could have evolved her into more of a character, but I don't think she would nearly have been as important a symbol then

TheCorpulent1 said:
Who'd he replace T'Challa with?

He replaced T'Challa with "T'Challa", who has a different origin and a different personality.

Read Christopher Priest's Black Panther and then Hudlin's and try to tell me that those two are the same character.

I bought one issue, read a few others, and just felt it was a disgrace to the great book that Chris Priest crafted not too long ago so I dropped it like a burning hot ball of smoldering crap.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I've heard Fury's MAX series was just this side of used toilet paper.

It's alright if you forget that this character is supposed to be Nick Fury and pretend that he's just some random guy with an eyepatch.

I dunno. The instant I read Nick Fury taking his handicapped nephew to the zoo and fantasizing about pushing his wheelchair into the tiger pit and watching the tigers maul him to death, I realized that I wasn't reading a Nick Fury story.

Wow. Sounds like the toilet paper theorists were correct after all.

I personally thought it was a load of horse-****, and that Garth Ennis is overrated.

Garth Ennis doesn't really get Nick Fury's character and doesn't really care to. He portrayed him pretty badly in Punisher, too. Literally every time Nick Fury appeared he'd either be with ****es or he'd mention ****es. For no reason. Somehow "leader of an international espionage agency" equates to "man who must loves him some ****es in every situation."

Garth Ennis is one of those people who doesn't understand that Nick Fury is a hero. Yes, he leads an espionage organization, and yes he's willing to do what it takes for the greater good, but he's still a hero.

Very few people seem to get that about Fury. They find it much easier to write him as a villain.

Hey who doesnt love them some ****es?
No but seriously. Fury's a really cool character. He's "a wartime general" on the side of good. He's always gonna be a hero but he's gonna be a manipulative scumbag in order to get his heroing done.
The manipulative, devious and/or inethical stuff he pulls is only for a greater good. Other questionable behavior (for example copious ammounts of ****es) is out of character for him.

Vanguard07 said:
Hey who doesnt love them some ****es?
No but seriously. Fury's a really cool character. He's "a wartime general" on the side of good. He's always gonna be a hero but he's gonna be a manipulative scumbag in order to get his heroing done.
The manipulative, devious and/or inethical stuff he pulls is only for a greater good. Other questionable behavior (for example copious ammounts of ****es) is out of character for him.

I don't know about that, like you said he is a "wartime general" so ****es might not be that far out of character for him :p.

DBM said:
Garth Ennis is one of those people who doesn't understand that Nick Fury is a hero. Yes, he leads an espionage organization, and yes he's willing to do what it takes for the greater good, but he's still a hero.

Very few people seem to get that about Fury. They find it much easier to write him as a villain.

Thats a good point about fury.

However i don't think garth ennis misunderstands him as such doesn't try to understand him and uses his name for a different character that he's created over in the punisher-verse.

Heck his current fury mini is a MILLION miles away from his first one. He's not even TRYING to be consistant.

Personally i just enjoy them as soldier stories rather than fury stories (for the most part his fury is a soldier proxy after all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"