Superman Returns How would you have ended Superman Returns??

ReeveFan1978

Civilian
Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie but I think I would have preferred an ending where Lex is caught.

Maybe Superman appears suddenly and quietly on the island and Lex knows the jog is up.

Anyone else have another idea?

EL:supes:

Superman would die and it'd end with his funeral in my ending. Then almost like in passion of the christ, we'd see some mysterious scene where superman comes to his son's room, does the speech, but doesn't say all that "i'm always around" like in the film at the end, he just dissapears and we wonder if it was a dream...

No. Jason lives and flies around the world with his dad.

If I had done it? I don't know, but it would've been bad.

Now that I can critique Singer's ending though, I would maybe venture into saying Superman dies. BUT, the symbolism of his death and his being brought back to life was done amazingly (thematically even better than Batman Returns and Spidey 2, two of my favorite movies), and I would keep it as is. Maybe I'd do something different with Lex (we've seen enough of him.. unless Singer wants to skip on him as a villian and maybe delve into his character in the future), but I still thought the ending was great.

With a hint of the next villian.Brainiac,darkseid,or doomsday.

start the movie over. forget about jason ever being supes kid. wipe that clean. make lex his real character, a diabolical bussiness man that has used kryptonian technology to boost his bussiness to be the major power in metropolis and in turn, made metropolis's economy boom. in supermans abscence he has charmed the people and finally achieved what he has always wanted. adoration of an almost royal kind over metropolis.
superman returns much to lex's disgust and he sets out through propaganda to turn the people against the man of steel then does the whole continent thing to frame supes [not make money from it lol] to prove to the world [metropolis] that they are better off without him.
this would actually explore the themes that SR was meant to. that supes returns to a world that has moved on without him. i dont know about u but i never got that feeling at all in SR.
all i got from SR is a days of our lives love triangle with a ridicuous luthor plot.

if i were only able to change the ending. i would take out that movie ruining scene for me when the doctors take out a remaining shard of kryptonite, that is a killer for me. as the film completley contradicts itself. take that out and i could handle the rest. [barely]. piano boy is annoying as well. lex's plot was too.....ahhhh i am going in circles again. urgghg this film was such a dissapointment.

Nogster, you brushed on some points that are right on. Some others...not so much. First off, I liked the film. It was greating seeing Superman return to the main screen and being able to buy "Superman cookies" @ my local 7-11's. Before this, I kinda had to get Superman stuff online or at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I didn't like the kid thing. At all. Supes does NOT have a kid in the comics. Why mess with something that ain't broken? The acting was dead on... but Lex's plan? WHAT??! Yeah, perhaps he smoked a bit too much crack in prison. Also, if they were gonna kill Supes, do it with the coffin, memmorial, funeral prgression, the devastation, the sadness, and a few subtle cameos for crying out loud. Yeah, not the greatest...but hopefully those involved with the film will learn the second time around. I hope they do make a sequel and don't base it completely on the box office results. If they should've done some better promotions and whatnot and maybe picked a different date...perhaps it would have been different. I liked it. I did. I will be one of those fanboys in line @ Wal-Mart when it comes out, but I'm not gonna defile the movie by downloading it. I will wait for it at the $1 theater and go see it again then.

-JB:supes:

My ending would change with me getting my 10 bucks back.

I would have ended it with Lois dying in a car and Superman flying around the world REAL FAST to reverse time, thus bringing her back to life again!!! Oh wait.......

Superman flies around the world till he brings the world 5 years back in time, and this time he wears a condom.

Its all a dream.

Just kidding. I would've actually had a supervillain in the film for him to fight, probably Zod.

I would've had Luthor ixnay the use of Kryptonite. Instead, when he travels to The Fortress and uses the technology he creates New Krypton AND uses the molecule chamber to gain superpowers. Why they didn't do this boggles me to no end. Don't get me wrong, though. I loved the movie, but the geek in me would've went this way. You just know Lex is a dirty fighter. Eye pokes, Super Groin kicks. Oh yeah.

I would have cut the movie from the point Richard, Lois and Jason rescue superman. I would have inserted the missing footage of Marlon Brando's "Richard Donner Michelangelo Hand of God" sequence from Superman II. This would have gave a tremendous boost of emotion to the movie, especially at the end where all of us are feeling horrible from superman's death...a resurrection scene would have been so powerful.

Superman, taking a moment to think of how to stop New krypton rushes back to his fortress where he finds a krystal shaped like a long cane and has a glowing tip. It's similar to his fathers. He then flies back to new krypton and points the krypto-cane at the growing landmass, says "ctrl-z" and it begins to shrink back into its former form. All is well. The end.

Alternately, Superman flies to steel mill of some kind, finds a huge sheet of led and using superspeed and heat vision creates a led suit of armor to use as he then returns to Otisberg and lifts it into space. All is well. The end.

i would have had superman ripping of his brown maroon and blue costume,

and throwing it in mingenbachs face and then proceeding to put on the proper red,blue and yellow costume with proper neckline and non rubbery maroon cape

then maybe heat fry mingenbach

matthooper said:
My ending would change with me getting my 10 bucks back.

Co-sign, don't forget to factor in the amount paid for pop-corn, lol

I would have had LEx stab SUpes right in the balls with that krpytonite, thus insuring us of no more superbrat children in future movies,,,,kinda like a kryptonian vasectomy

i would have ended with an alien ship landing somewhere. the camera pans out and you see that the ship landed on New Krypton, and the person that comes of the ship is LANA???????????????????????????????

Where was lana anyway? I'd expect an old friend to stop by to welcome clark home. Maybe she's not that much of a friend in the new vague sequel universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"