Superman Returns How would you have ended Superman Returns??

nogster said:
start the movie over. forget about jason ever being supes kid. wipe that clean. make lex his real character, a diabolical bussiness man that has used kryptonian technology to boost his bussiness to be the major power in metropolis and in turn, made metropolis's economy boom. in supermans abscence he has charmed the people and finally achieved what he has always wanted. adoration of an almost royal kind over metropolis.
superman returns much to lex's disgust and he sets out through propaganda to turn the people against the man of steel then does the whole continent thing to frame supes [not make money from it lol] to prove to the world [metropolis] that they are better off without him.
this would actually explore the themes that SR was meant to. that supes returns to a world that has moved on without him. i dont know about u but i never got that feeling at all in SR.
all i got from SR is a days of our lives love triangle with a ridicuous luthor plot.

if i were only able to change the ending. i would take out that movie ruining scene for me when the doctors take out a remaining shard of kryptonite, that is a killer for me. as the film completley contradicts itself. take that out and i could handle the rest. [barely]. piano boy is annoying as well. lex's plot was too.....ahhhh i am going in circles again. urgghg this film was such a dissapointment.

Great post. You hit the nail with many of your points.

Lex as a businessman genius, not bonking old grannies for their cash.

The effects of Superman's absence and return really showcased - the emotional effects, the social effects, the physical effects.

And that piano boy is a real inconvenience for future movies. You can't just forget him, you can't really kill him off...

Wow that really sounds excellent Nogster

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
why is that, i think they were both meh in returns

But billy zane?

I acyually liked them but.."WHAT!" billy Zane?

Going by nogsters' story I would cast them, he is like TAS lex come to life lol

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
Going by nogsters' story I would cast them, he is like TAS lex come to life lol

Of cause..spacey would have done the same..if given that kind of role.. he didn't..you want to replace an oscar calliber actor with the phantom?

yeah Kevin spacey is a great actor, but seeing him with that bald head just makes me think of doctor evil.

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
yeah Kevin spacey is a great actor, but seeing him with that bald head just makes me think of doctor evil.

How that has haunted him.. would people be thinking the same if he didn't cameo i that.?

I love billy zane. A more modern classy, non-swindler non-wig wearing, lex would have ruled. Ruled, I say.

billy_zane_3.jpg
Lex_Luthor_003.jpg

Anything but this...

Lex-Luthor.jpg
Krrrrrrrrrryptonite

Awards don't matter as long as they're right for the part. we all know this. ask halle berry.

Even if he didnt, I always thought BZ would of been good for Lex.and Kate Bosworth was just boring to me

hmmm.......if I could change the ending.........Supes wakes up.....and realizes it was all a bad dream!!! Then mutters to himself..."Man, I REALLY gotta stop eating those kryptonite laced skittles Batman gave me......"

Either that.......or Batman swoops in at the end.....says "I'm BATMAN, b"""h" then headbutts supes with his kryptonite laced cowl......then takes Lois for a spin in the tumbler

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"