How would you rate your year?

SolidSnakeMGS

Superhero
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread about this, and I don't really post on the community much, so please don't rape/flame me much. Just figured I'd make a post where you can rate your year since the the new year is but a little bit of time before us.

Good things about my year: (in no particular order)
-Got a plasma TV and an Xbox 360
-Reconnected with a few friends
-Got some short films done
-Got a new position which decidedly sucks less than my previous position
-Built a new computer

Bad things:
-Didn't get enough short films and other creative things done
-Went through 2 near suicide attempts with an ex, whom I broke up with earlier on in the year
-Didn't stay on my goal of getting more fit physically
-Saw a hugely fewer amount of films in theaters as usual
-Superman Returns, in the end, hugely disappointed me
-Didn't resolve my medical problems despite going to a new doctor
-Although I did get a new position at my job, didn't get an entirely new job
-Didn't reconnect with my parents

I would rate my year about average. The good things that happened didn't offset the bad things that happened.

Hopefully, next year, I will go back to riding my bike again and getting in better physical shape. I also hope to get more creative things done AND to see more films in theaters, since next year looks to be a kickass year for movies (TDK ftw). I also want to find a new g/f who is closer to my personality and whom I can be myself around.

Better than last year, but not as good as next year :)

I've become numb to the bad stuff so it always balances out even if it was a worse year.:csad: School stress, journeyman, relationship, comic movies; it's all in there together

Good stuff:
- Got a raise
- Graduated High School
- Started College, which I love!
- Got my first real Batsuit in February and have been modifying it ever since, making it better and better.
- Made my first appearances as Batman this year!
- Had the ability to go hog wild for Christmas this year and buy people the stuff they really wanted!
- Got to see most of the films I wanted to see in theaters!
- Made two new very good friends!

Bad stuff:
- The shift to college has cut me off from some of my good friends.
- College tuition... yuck
- *cough* Spiderman 3 *cough*

This has probably been one of the best years of my life. Despite feeling like my friends are drifting apart and having to deal with the outlandish costs of college tuition, its been a great year! I hope 2008 is just as good!

This year's been one big **** party, man. i mean wow, what the hell...

Good:

I touched a girl's boobs. wooooooooooooh

I got a force fx lightsaber! woo

Bad:

i'm still ****ing poor

i went insane and defended ghost rider

My new beard is a bastard to shave

my wallet's empty

I got ten bucks in my bank account

oh yeah i almost died, ok maybe it was a stomach virus but it made me feel like hell.

And it's cold

Merry goddamn christmas :boba:

Bad Stuff:
I almost died a few times

Good Stuff:

I survived.

Not that good a year overall.

Well I bought a new house and a new pickup truck, but then I totaled the pick up truck and injured myself pretty badly.

I would still say the good outweighs the bad.

Didn't see a thread about this, and I don't really post on the community much, so please don't rape/flame me much. Just figured I'd make a post where you can rate your year since the the new year is but a little bit of time before us.

Good things about my year: (in no particular order)
-Got a plasma TV and an Xbox 360
-Reconnected with a few friends
-Got some short films done
-Got a new position which decidedly sucks less than my previous position
-Built a new computer

Bad things:
-Didn't get enough short films and other creative things done
-Went through 2 near suicide attempts with an ex, whom I broke up with earlier on in the year
-Didn't stay on my goal of getting more fit physically
-Saw a hugely fewer amount of films in theaters as usual
-Superman Returns, in the end, hugely disappointed me
-Didn't resolve my medical problems despite going to a new doctor
-Although I did get a new position at my job, didn't get an entirely new job
-Didn't reconnect with my parents

I would rate my year about average. The good things that happened didn't offset the bad things that happened.

Hopefully, next year, I will go back to riding my bike again and getting in better physical shape. I also hope to get more creative things done AND to see more films in theaters, since next year looks to be a kickass year for movies (TDK ftw). I also want to find a new g/f who is closer to my personality and whom I can be myself around.

Wouldn't that have been last year?

my year started out terribly bad, but at the end of October, everything just turned around for the better

Wouldn't that have been last year?

Yes, yes. It was late and I got confused. And the disappointment somehow carried over in this year.

Lots of near death experiences in this thread! I don't think I almost died this year. I got a really bad sinus infection where I was shaking, wobbly, weak, and couldn't get warm despite having several layers of clothes on while in the bed covered in sheets, and it was warm outside if I remember.

This year was pretty crappy. You know this when you have people like Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears are head-lining New Channels and Newspapers.

My year was pretty good. A couple of good semesters of school, got a new apartment, got my EMT certification. All good stuff :up:

The Good:
- moved back out on my own again
- did a great performance in school
- had a great time at IMC
- got my first lead role in a play
- got accepted into a great acting school
- got cast in a show for next year

The Bad:
- didn't get into the musical theatre program at school because I hated my dance teacher
- still haven't found a job
- don't have the money at the moment to go to the acting school I was accepted into

This was a good year for me . The gas prices and state of the nation might not be faring so well but the movies are still cool .

This year sucked for the most part for me, but in the last two months I managed to get back on track and it's all coming together now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"