Was 2008 Your Year?

This year was good for me. I got a new job that I love and I'm in the process of finally gettiing a new girlfriend after three years of being single. As for stuff that's outside of my own life, America made the right decision by voting for Obama. So for all the bad stuff that's happened this year (the economy, lots of talented people passing away, Mumbai, etc.), next year seems to be showing great promise.

This year has probably been my worst year ever. Don't wanna go into it but trust me, it has been crap :csad:

But sod it. I'm gonna get mashed over christmas and forget about all my woes!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry to hear that. Mine has been worse too if that makes you feel any better.

Sorry to hear that. Mine has been worse too if that makes you feel any better.

Yes, yes it does!!! lolz.

Na sad to hear that guv'na, but thats the way it goes sometimes. All you can do is stick your middle finger up to the world and get hammered!!

OOOooooooooooooaaaaaayyyy!! :D

2008 was definitly the year of Andino. I had a lot happen for me that truly changed me forever.

- I decided to go back to school
- Ive decided to pursue a career in acting
- I saw The Dark Knight
- I had sex for the 1st time
- I got a girlfriend for the 1st time
- I saw The Dark Knight

I had a lot of minor things happen to that helped build up this year for me with some great comic book movies and me gaining some EXP in the whole relationship thing as well as coming out more as a person. I hope 2009 can shape up half as nice as this year was to me.

Personally, one of the worst years I've had in my life.

Every year is my year as I am that good. However 2008 was reall good as I got married.

2008 was pretty good, I learnt a lot about myself and who I am in this rather large world. I'm starting 2009 with a road trip through Europe so I can only hope next year will continue to make my life awesome.

Every year is my year as I am that good. However 2008 was reall good as I got married.

Congratulations to you and your bride. May you enjoy a lifetime of love, joy and success together. :up:

jag

Congrats Lexcorp. Haven't seen you around the boards in a while.

I could say this year really sucked for me, plenty of crappy things happened to me, but as I look back on it I can see that every bad thing sent me on a path to meet the girl I'm dating now and I really doubt I would've met her otherwise. So if things work out with us, then I can look past the bad stuff and focus on the really good thing and a much better 2009.

Congratulations to you and your bride. May you enjoy a lifetime of love, joy and success together. :up:

jag

Congrats Lexcorp. Haven't seen you around the boards in a while.

Thanks all

Working a 6 day week......with a wife....and xmas....real life is making a comeback lol. I guess I am getting to old for this shi**

Well I was on facebook untill they took it down at work ....now I am back here. Nice but the walls need painting.

I saw The Dark Knight. Seriously, I'll swim through a whole year of crap just to see that film for the first time again.

This has probably been, overall, one of the best years of my life. I am back in school now, and I feel like my future is wide open. I've also had a few eye opening experiences that have helped me learn more about myself, and they have made me more self-aware. I made two really great friends too, and right now I am eyeing a particular girl I work with, hopefully that works out for me because she is super cool.

can't say it was the best year of my life...but it was great, after the horrendous 2007.
but 2008 isn't finished yet, I still have things to do...
hope 2009 gets even better.

honestly 2008 was one of my toughest years to date.

my uncle died (my uncle)
my grandmother's brother died
2 dear friends died

was working 2 jobs again.
family problems up the wazoo

i hurt my back at work
had foot surgery
various health problems throughout the year
meeting with a surgeon on wed so 2009 might start out with me going under the knife :(

that's a decent summation of my crappy 0-8

Oh and I almost forgot. My grandmother died earlier this past year on Family day. It brought the entire family on my Dad's side together. Depressing. So yeah. That month of the year was really tough.

And my other grandmother's sister died also before the Summer.

Wow, that sounds really tough for you, Chick...If you do have to go under to start off next year, I'll be supporting and wishing good things for you :yay:

As for me, yeah...08 wasn't terrible. It wasn't great either. It just sort of...I don't know...sat there.

It's like the "Batman Forever" of the 2000s...I didn't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it.

Def. a 'meh' year...hope 2009 is better.

2008 was a very eventful year, but I'm hoping that next year will be better.

This year for me was huge with good and bad stuff.

. My Aunt got Pancreatic cancer
. My cat who I knew my whole life died the day after Thanksgiving
. My grandfather almost died
. Went to China
. Dark Knight :woot:
. Graduated from middle school
. Moved for the first time in eight years
. Just got my first job
. Went to Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"