How would you rate your year?

Great up to this moment as I'm alive and everyone I care about are alive as well, otherwise it would be a real bummer.

Mine was a typical.."dating a bad girlfriend, she breaks up with you, you're heartbroken, you get over it, find a new girl, date the new girl and be happier" kind of year.

It started off pretty rough and for the most part got only worse. My girlfriend of two years and I were not getting along and since I lost my virginity to her, it was one of those "I can't leave her because there's too much of a connection...and fear I'll never find anyone quite like her" thing to it...even though our relationship sucked. Plus in two years, we only had sex eight times...it was weird I know. As naive as I sound, she wasn't sleeping around..she was just one of those girls that was weird when it came to sex. So she broke it off in the summer and I felt like crap most of the time. My family and I went to Universal Studios for our summer vacation and it was really fun and a great way to get her off my mind (especially since I found out she might be dating one of her best guy friends now).

But it was nice because while I was in Florida I started talking to another girl (who did not get along with my ex in High School) and eventually we hit it off and things are a lot better. I'm having much more sex :-)hehe: ) and it's just an overall good thing. Plus, I think I'm doing alot better...

Yes, yes. It was late and I got confused. And the disappointment somehow carried over in this year.

Not to judge you, but doesn't it say something about your priorities if movies can really affect your outlook on an entire year? You mention The Dark Knight, in your original post...I mean...its just a movie. Can it really make your year that much better. And were you really THAT invested in Superman Returns that its sucking ruined your year? I mean, you have a list of 8 things, 2 of which revolve around movies. You may want to add to your list for next year "Get priorities in check" :oldrazz: :cwink:

Great up to this moment as I'm alive and everyone I care about are alive as well, otherwise it would be a real bummer.

And thats really all it comes down to for me as well.

The wife and I are healthy and happy, as are the families. The rest just doesn't really matter that much. You got that, and life is good. :yay:

not good: more bad things happened than good

good:
-met my favorite music group, bone thugs-n-harmony, at a club after a concert here in san jose
-almost had a relationship with a girl i was really into

bad:
-my grandmother passed away
-my dog died
-my best friend had an accident and suffered from amnesia for a few months
-another of my best friends left the state. good for him (he got into a good law school in indiana), bad for me.
-my uncle suffered from some medical problems after my grandmother's death and almost passed away
-above mentioned relationship didn't work out, and the entire process caused a lot of frustration and heartache
-lost my best friend of 20 years because of his disagreement with my involvement with said girl (this is the same friend who suffered from amnesia for a few months)
-moved out of my parents' house into a house with some very good friends of mine, and ended up being screwed by them in the process and getting kicked out. i am currently getting ready to take them to court over the matter
-school has gone absolutely horrible for me this year

Not so good, due to gas being higher my profit really got slashed

Not to judge you, but doesn't it say something about your priorities if movies can really affect your outlook on an entire year? You mention The Dark Knight, in your original post...I mean...its just a movie. Can it really make your year that much better. And were you really THAT invested in Superman Returns that its sucking ruined your year? I mean, you have a list of 8 things, 2 of which revolve around movies. You may want to add to your list for next year "Get priorities in check" :oldrazz: :cwink:

And you're a mod? :whatever: Nice way to completely ignore all of the other things in my list. As you say, I had maybe two or three items related to movies but its obvious I had other pressing issues this year, and oh by the way, this messageboard is heavy on movie news and discussion. Nowhere did I say my year sucked JUST BECAUSE of the movies. Ugh, I expected someone to be a feminine hygiene product in this thread but it shouldn't be a mod. Wonder why I don't post in the community. :cmad:

And you're a mod? :whatever: Nice way to completely ignore all of the other things in my list. As you say, I had maybe two or three items related to movies but its obvious I had other pressing issues this year, and oh by the way, this messageboard is heavy on movie news and discussion. Nowhere did I say my year sucked JUST BECAUSE of the movies. Ugh, I expected someone to be a feminine hygiene product in this thread but it shouldn't be a mod. Wonder why I don't post in the community. :cmad:

No need to get so angry, friend. There was a reason there was a wink at the end of my post.

not good: more bad things happened than good

good:
-met my favorite music group, bone thugs-n-harmony, at a club after a concert here in san jose
-almost had a relationship with a girl i was really into

bad:
-my grandmother passed away
-my dog died
-my best friend had an accident and suffered from amnesia for a few months
-another of my best friends left the state. good for him (he got into a good law school in indiana), bad for me.
-my uncle suffered from some medical problems after my grandmother's death and almost passed away
-above mentioned relationship didn't work out, and the entire process caused a lot of frustration and heartache
-lost my best friend of 20 years because of his disagreement with my involvement with said girl (this is the same friend who suffered from amnesia for a few months)
-moved out of my parents' house into a house with some very good friends of mine, and ended up being screwed by them in the process and getting kicked out. i am currently getting ready to take them to court over the matter
-school has gone absolutely horrible for me this year

Damn dude. Heres hoping have a much, much better 2008.:csad:

good:
I passed all my classes
I learned how to drive.

I worked in the summer although it was temporary and i didn't get to stay.

bad: broke up with a chick( we just stopped talking to each other completely,we've emailed each other but i really don't care anymore)

didn't lose weight.

didn't get my license( too lazy to set an appt at the DMV,whoops)

Spent too much money on junk food.:(

pretty good year

got a 360 and Halo 3

got job (lost said job)

I now go to my friends house semi often

tryed some substances

it was fun

I voted Not good - More things bad than good happened.

Good Things:

*My Guitar hobbies' picked up from last year
*Learning how to become a better writer
*Made a Superhero movie

Bad things:

*Still feel I havent picked up the tools to become a better person
*Letting opportunities pass me by endless
*Work has gotten worse'
*Havent put enough effort into any of my hobbies
*Making the Superhero movie
*Constant reminders of major weaknesses

Some good things. since it almost seems like a vent thread...

Halo 3
TDK rolling in on production schedule.
Im Alive
Went to warped tour again
Got to hang out with every band I seen this year
Got some good ole glasses
Moving again
Caught at least one NFL game live.

Bad Things. Couldnt think of anything else.
Depression(after 8 years of no help is still with me)
Still hated amongst family members.
Lost a ton of friends or old friends. By death or no contact.
Sucidal thoughts are killer at least twice a month.
Lost my hearing.
Couldnt hold on to a job due to loss of hearing and depression.
I had the shiz beat out of me for the dude to say he did it was wrong, cause I didnt even both to throw a punch back I just took it like a man since he was hitting like a girl.
Broke as a joke.
Holidays sucked.
Birthday was a miss completely(no one knew except SHH)
Moving Again(counts as both)

I dont know, I voted below the average for me, even though below average for me is the normal. Thanks enjoy the remainder and enjoy 2k8.

I voted average.

Is it just me, or has every year continued to increase in suckage volume since 2001?

Some good things. since it almost seems like a vent thread...

Halo 3
TDK rolling in on production schedule.
Im Alive
Went to warped tour again
Got to hang out with every band I seen this year
Got some good ole glasses
Moving again
Caught at least one NFL game live.

Bad Things. Couldnt think of anything else.
Depression(after 8 years of no help is still with me)
Still hated amongst family members.
Lost a ton of friends or old friends. By death or no contact.
Sucidal thoughts are killer at least twice a month.
Lost my hearing.
Couldnt hold on to a job due to loss of hearing and depression.
I had the shiz beat out of me for the dude to say he did it was wrong, cause I didnt even both to throw a punch back I just took it like a man since he was hitting like a girl.
Broke as a joke.
Holidays sucked.
Birthday was a miss completely(no one knew except SHH)
Moving Again(counts as both)

I dont know, I voted below the average for me, even though below average for me is the normal. Thanks enjoy the remainder and enjoy 2k8.

Jesus dude! Hang in there. Things can only get better.

I voted average.

Is it just me, or has every year continued to increase in suckage volume since 2001?

It would seem so, yes.

My year was pretty good for the most part.

The GOODS:
- Graduated from High School
- Got a job as a prep chef at a 5 star golf club
- Finally got a girlfriend after being single for nearly two years
- Made some really good friends
- Bought a lot of cool stuff
- Went to a ton of Rock/Meatl concerts

The BAD:

- Quit my job, so I am broke for now
- Lose a few good friends
- During the summer I had feelings of worthlessness
- Living in FL, I didn't go to the beach ONCE
- I got addict to SHH!

Haha, over all, pretty good year.

The year opened up solid, and then I hit a bump in the road, that physically disabled me. I was able to come back though after being in ICU, and I have closed the year out with positive news by being accepted for a new job for the state of MI that will start at the end of January.

Oh, and like ALL of my friends are getting married, gotten married, or engaged. Two of them were girls I use to have sexy time with. Great for them though, but it makes me feel less of a person since I am getting older and it doesn't look like I will ever get married.

I will add I don't seem to have this sense of "the darkness" anymore which I used to call it. Its this feeling of extreme dread and desolation, a realization that life is cold and doesn't care about you at all. Like I could have terrible misfortune strike me at any time, and that my life will only get worse. It was really something I seemed to physically "feel", not just imagine. It is the worst feeling ever.

I came into some cash via work because of stock options I didn't know I had, so I've bought a bunch of cool stuff. That was a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"