Iron Man 2 Howard says a War Machine movie might happen after IRON MAN 3

I thought it was...

Iron Man, Iron Man 2, then Avengers!

Isn't Avengers taking the spot of a third film...The second one will have War Machine!

No War Machine movie, the way things are going with superhero movies, it would probably be an origin story, just show the origin in Iron Man 2!

Am I the only one that finds Howard hugely annoying as an actor?

The only reason you find him annoying because he doesn't take cabs because he has a car and a driver.:yay:

And yes, that was a joke that only listeners of the Ed Lover radio show will get.

they could make this work but i wouldnt expect it to do as well as iron man

I don't find his acting annoying, but he does come off as pretentious and tempermental in interviews. A real diva type.

On topic, I think a War Machine solo film could work. Set it up something similar to the first arc of WM's short-lived solo series, where there is a genocide/civil war in a country in which it is not politically advantageous for IM or the Avengers to get involved. WM goes in rogue to do what's right.

Just as IM cursorily touches on Middle Eastern terrorism, an WM movie in this fashion could touch on Darfur and like situations.

I don't think you could get a franchise out of it, but it could be a good one-shot.

Last edited:
Cheadle is still an upgrade over Terrance Howard... much like Maggie G over Holmes... lets see what direction they take with the character. It definitely won't be that huge a turn off... Favreau, RDJ, and Paltrow will still carry this franchise... add Cheadle to the mix and you have a Dark Knight esque cast... now bring in a big time foreign East Asian actor for Mandarin (OTHER THAN Jet Li or Chow Yun Phat) and you have a VERY good cast... whoever ends up playing the main villain will probably be a big name anyhow.

^The difference in acting is no way near as drastic as Maggie and Holmes.

It's not that Marvel is cheap, it's that Howard is full of himself. The original poster was right that Howard talked about WM sequels. In fact, the d-bag even said that WM was the character "the fans really WANT to see." Really? Really. I'm sorry your agent/production assistant/whack-ass cousin led you astray, but WM is an easter-egg. A really cool easter egg, but an easter egg nonetheless.

Good riddance to TH. Dennis Haysbert for War Machine.

It could've been a number of things, I remember Favreau being a bit concerned about Howards schedule now that he's got his singing career and new album going.

Next time, baby...........NOT

I wonder did Marvel studios just lowball him on the money.. I figured they had already locked him in for 3 films like Downey.. as usual, a brother gets the "expendable" role..

You do like to repost your thoughts :oldrazz:

in the Daredevil comics arc where the 1st White Tiger is set up for a crime and killed, they drew him to be more Afro-Latin.. Howard could probably pull that off... bring him back..

I wonder did Marvel studios just lowball him on the money.. I figured they had already locked him in for 3 films like Downey.. as usual, a brother gets the "expendable" role..

I wouldn't be surprised. They tried to lowball the director at first too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"