Iron Man 2 Should Iron Man fight War Machine?

I'd like to see one fight between Iron Man and War Machine. :up:

Iron Man and War Machine always seem to have a strained relationship in the comics. Its not too crazy to imagine them fighting due to their personal insecurities, and then deciding to work together to stop the main bad guy for the finale.

I'd like to see one fight between Iron Man and War Machine. :up:

Bingo.

One fight when Iron Man comes back but War Machine doesn't want to give up the suit. Then they go back to their friendship and fight evil together.

def I would love to see them have one fight. I like the angle that jim has to wear iron mans suit and sends him crazy then stark kicks the bottle and takes him down. I think that would provide a great cinematic experience!

"Should Iron Man fight War Machine?"

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes, please!

Maybe if he gets out of control, but he's always going to be more of an ally.

Hellz yeah, they need to take advantage of the visuals. You can have a slugfest on the ground then take it to the air for some supersonic cat and mouse and then some more fighting in midair.

Hellz yeah, they need to take advantage of the visuals. You can have a slugfest on the ground then take it to the air for some supersonic cat and mouse and then some more fighting in midair.
:up:

If war machine fights Iron Man it should be War Machine trying to stop a drunk iron Man

Yeah that is what i was thinking. But i would definately want to see a War Machine vs Iron Man

i don't think it would make much sense, but if it did it would have to be something like cerealkiller182 just said...
or them just being overly competitive with eachother over who is a better super hero

I'm disappointed that Favreau rejected Mandarin for War machine. I already saw a robot villain in the first one.

certainly.
maybe when Tony is drunk, then he wants to go out as Iron Man, but Rhodes can't let he do this, cause Tony can harm someone. then Rhodes wears the War Machine armor, which Tony had designed for himself.
then we have our battle.

I think it would be a great part in the story. Rhodey does all he can to help Stark-but Stark still is an alcoholic and because of that Rhodey becomes inanse and Stark has to help him by fighting him so he can take the Iron Man aromr off of him

I Disagree. I think we should have Rhodes and Starks trying to stop Mandarin and on the 3 rd movie Iron man vs War Machine.

I Disagree. I think we should have Rhodes and Starks trying to stop Mandarin and on the 3 rd movie Iron man vs War Machine.

Isn't that potentially anti-climatic if Mandarin is the over-arching villian of the trilogy? I mean, Mandarin has not even been introduced. To bring him in as the catalyst behind the Ten Rings and defeat him in one film, is IMHO, a waste of a great villian.

I'd save IM (and possibly WM) versus Mandarin for three. Use two to reveal his presence as the overlord of the Ten Rings and touch on his motives. Thus setting up the climactic battle in three. You could even have Mandarin play some role in WM turning against IM, thus making it "personal" between Stark and Mandarin.

Last edited:
I want to see some sort of battle yes, even if its just a "training exercise" :cwink:

i can definitely see a fight, i just don't know what's the best way to go about it.

tony taking on a guilty rhodes or rhodes taking on a guilty iron man.

either way with either one wearing either suit could kinda work.

war machine should never be a real villain but certainly a mid way fight between WM trying to stop a IM from Operating the suit under the influence.

Isn't that potentially anti-climatic if Mandarin is the over-arching villian of the trilogy? I mean, Mandarin has not even been introduced. To bring him in as the catalyst behind the Ten Rings and defeat him in one film, is IMHO, a waste of a great villian.

I'd save IM (and possibly WM) versus Mandarin for three. Use two to reveal his presence as the overlord of the Ten Rings and touch on his motives. Thus setting up the climactic battle in three. You could even have Mandarin play some role in WM turning against IM, thus making it "personal" between Stark and Mandarin.
I agree, kind of like in the original Star Wars trilogy. Episode 4 you hear about the emperor but don't get the full reveal until episode 6.

I' m gonna have to say I was never a fan of Iron -man anyways but still the first movie gave me more interest about him. And as I predicted I found tony stark way more intrested than Iron man itself.

War machine vs Iron man it s like iron man vs Iron man? The guy behind the suit maybe different but the weapon and fighting technic are basically the same, so I don't see what's so interesting about it.

Mandarin is more intriguing than WM. He should be in the 2nd & 3rd Iron-man movie.

The way I see it:
In Iron-man2 its War machine and Iron man against Mandarin. Madarin escape because of Tony been drunk during the fight. In the third movie Iron man fight against WM because they cant stand each other and Mandarin take the opportunity to kill WM during their fight. Then Tony avenge Rhodes by killing Mandarin. Since then He never drink a singe drop of alcohol. the end :o.

No, I don't think WM and IM should ever fight. I do however, think IM(Rhodes) should fight IM(Stark). Have Jim in maybe an IM Mark 3 or 4 armor(but not the WM armor). Stark's unable to be IM anymore due to the bottle and Jim fills in, then have it(the armor) messing with his mind due to the cybernetics which weren't calibrated for his brain. He goes crazy and Stark needs to pull himself together to stop his friend from hurting himself or anyone else. Tony puts on the less advanced Mark 2 or 3 armor(depending on which one Jim's wearing since it should be less advanced than Jim's armor).

Tony has a disadvantage in that his armor is less powerful than Jim's is but Tony uses his superior experience with the armor's, plus Jim's mental instability to safely stop his friend and get the armor off him. Jim recovers in a hospital and eventually his mind is healed. Then he joins Tony in the WM armor which Tony has made to fit Jim's brain patterns so he doesn't have to worry about him going crazy again. Together they team up to fight the Mandarin and/or his surrogates like Justin Hammer/Spymaster/Crimson Dynamo/Fing Fang Foom/Titanium Man/or whoever fits the story. Probably hold off on the ultimate IM/Mandarin showdown for IM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"