Iron Man War Machine figure vs War Machine armor in the movie

Erm...when Tony told Rhodes to "Keep the skies clear" and he answered "Maybe next time" as Iron Man took off, they showed that armor, are you positive it was the Mark 2?

Heck, does anybody have a photo or picture of the armor they show that exact second? (Unless it's illegal to post it? eek...)
yes it was mark 2, silver was it
i think war machine armor gets some black or dark silver in it

In a recent Sky movies interview with Howard, he used the playfull analogy that in the 1st film Rhodey's more like Robin to Tony's Batman (basically playing the sidekick), but that in the future he would be looking at getting his own 'Batmobile' (clearly talking about getting his hands on his own set of armor), making reference to the scene where he looks at the MK.2 and says 'Maybe next time".

War Machine in IM2 or 3 here we come.............:up:

The War Machine toy is a repaint of another figure with some bonus accessories made for the sake of selling some more toys.

The War Machine armor prolly won't happen until the 3rd film. That's when I'd do it, anyway.
War Machine is essentially Iron Man's Venom, in that it's the "other side" of him that more or less has all the same powers. You wouldn't ever show Venom in the first film either, despite how badly some fans would want you to.

The hero's gotta do his own thing for a while.

yea the war machine armor popped up in the credits!!

what's with everyone saying that they say the war machine suit??! it was CLEARLY the mk. 2 suit. when rhodey says "next time baby!", it was obviously a teaser to the CREATION of the war machine. No war machine armor in the movie. sorry guys.

on a side note though the action figure war machine looks in the same vein as the iron man in the film does so gosh it could be pretty freaking good if they do it for 2

Hot dang! I loved that part where Rhodey looks at the mark II armor and says ''Next time, baby''.

I can't wait to see Terrence Howard don the War Machine suit.

:im:

The War Machine toy is a repaint of another figure with some bonus accessories made for the sake of selling some more toys.

The War Machine armor prolly won't happen until the 3rd film. That's when I'd do it, anyway.
War Machine is essentially Iron Man's Venom, in that it's the "other side" of him that more or less has all the same powers. You wouldn't ever show Venom in the first film either, despite how badly some fans would want you to.

I thought they already said he was going to be in the second film along with Mandarin :huh:

I think that Rhodes will have to use the armor without much input from Tony, hence it eventually screwing with his head. I think he will add some new and or experimental artillery and devices to the suit. This could also lead to the suit having issues with all of this new technology, and lack of programming to the suits internal memory, will cause the wearer to have major brain overload.

I hope the suit will have a different helmet, chest plate, etc. I don't want anything like that black suit spider-man garbage from SM3. Stupid recolors are lame.

I couldn't Immediately find a pic of Rhodes looking @ the Mark II suit, but this is the best I could do.. Mark III, Mark II, Stark, Rhodes

iron-man-20080424102235568.jpg

"War Machine is essentially Iron Man's Venom"????

Okay.
How do you figure? "War Machine" is specialized armor like the other fifteen or so specific variations - in this case, the armor is geared for warfare.

Would War Machine be in Iron Man 2? or a spin off?

The Mark II looks more intimidating than the Mark III due to its silver color, I have to admit.

I thought the Mark III was just the actual Mark II suit with the color and added golden plates to prevent it from freezing, I didn't realize he made a completely different one with another material.

I also thought I noticed a more bulky version of the Mark II back then when Rhodes was in the lab, but it might've been just me...I'm only human after all, I make mistakes, too. :p

i actually thought i saw the suit being bigger than the actual mark 2 as well. theres a a new tv spot for the movie where it ends with that exact same scene with rhodey, and again, i thought that suit was bulkier so youre not alone my friend...

Hot dang! I loved that part where Rhodey looks at the mark II armor and says ''Next time, baby''.

I can't wait to see Terrence Howard don the War Machine suit.

:im:

At that part everyone yelled out "YESS!!!!"

and then "NOO!!!" when he said "Next time, baby"

the best part about iron man is that no matter how cool he is war machine is so much more cooler

Yeah that was the MKII that Rhodey was said "next time" to. I dunno if someone already posted this but, yes you actually do see a teaser of the 'War Machine' suit [or at least in my opinion] in the ending credit graphics, you can tell this b/c of huge mini-gun on the suit's shoulder.

I never really liked War Machine. His suit is bulgar compared to the elegant one of IM.
Ironman is so much more cooler. No extra guns and rockets and stuff, when his suit can look cool without looking like a tank, or a Bay transformer.
Also, robin isnt supposed to have a better suit than Batman, so when this arc is over, i want ironman to have the better suit and Rodie the big guns for support. But mostly i want to see IM alone as in this film. I wouldnt want to see both of them tearing **** down. I want all the screentime to be on Tony like in the modern comics (where there is no war machine with him anymore....i think). Anyway....just my two cents.

So i have some questions for you:

1) what were all these transformations that the Mark II suit did when he wore it? I recieved it as checking out his gadgets. Opening and checking every hatch on the suit containing a gadget or having a function. But on the other hand, the spine of the suit did some things too. But it didnt have a gadget or anything, like say his shoulders. So what did you think of it guys?

2) Ironman is going to upgrade in the next movie. To beat Warmachine for one, and to sell more toys as well. What suit do you think he ll use? How soon can he go Extremis?

3) I heard that the suit that he is using in this film was taken from some comics. Is this the pre-Extremis suit? When exactly did he use it?

4) Not really a question. Just a point. I think that suit was one of the best Tony ever had. Sleek but a bit bulkier than the extremis and beautiful as well. The helmet they draw for the extremis is just bad!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"