Iron Man 2 Should Iron Man fight War Machine?

giggs11uk

Civilian
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see Rhodey done the War Machine suit (because of stark's alcoholism) and become mentally unstable because of it causing Stark to sober up and literally fight Rhodey in order to get him back to normal. This could provide an awsome action sequence that would be more physical then a Mandarin fight
These quotes make me think its a possibility

Terrance Howard was quoted as saying this
"The question is whether we will take the time to put on the Iron Man suit first and then have to fight with Iron Man to take it off me and then ultimately build a new suit for Rhodey or whether they go right into the second one of them building the suit."
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7130

Quote:
Among the rest of the positively received news that leaked from the weekend is the confirmation that Howard's character will become War Machine in the "Iron Man" sequels. "With War Machine, you've got to remember that after Tony Stark made the new Iron Man suit, James Rhodes put on that suit," the "Hustle & Flow" star said of the comic books. "But it's been programmed to Tony Stark's neuro-net and the frequency by which his brain communicates, which allows him to not have to push buttons but just think things. But now [once he puts it on], that drives Jim Rhodes crazy.
"Judging from how that audience responded," Howard added with a grin, "we got a pretty good shot of having some War Machine go down."
Source: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...31/story.jhtml

"Rhodes goes on a rampage, and Stark is forced to don a crude, prototype suit of armor to stop Rhodes. Rhodes comes to his senses, and the two reconcile. The two fight together until Rhodes is injured by Stane, and Stark assumes the role of Iron Man again"
-Wikipedia

SHH!: Can you talk about what villains we might be seeing in the second and third films?
Favreau:
I think Mandarin for sure, I think War Machine for sure. I think you gotta go with War Machine, you gotta give Terrence more to do.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7133
(SHH didn't say what characters you would like to see in the sequel they said what villains, but of course Favearu could have just assumed they ment characters with powers)

What do you guys think about a full on War Machine Iron Man brawl? Would you like Rhodey to don the Iron Man armor first or would you like him to wear the War Machine amor first?

I think by the "fight to get it off me" comment, he means in a verbal way. Like a "Rhodey, get out of my suit," from Stark and a "no way!" by Rhodey. And then Stark having to promise to build him his own suit to get him out of it. I dont think an actual fight, or having Rhodey be a villain, is a good move at all.

No, I don't want to see them at odds. Working together, yes.

They never really fought each other as enemies, they were at odds with each other after Stark faked his own death and didn't tell Rhodey, they really haven't patched that up, they work together, but it's a uncomfortable alliance.
When Rhodey took over the mantle of Iron Man, during Demon in a Bottle, Rhodey started going mad, due to the Iron man armor's controls were not atuned to Jim's brain waves, but still to Tony's, and it took Tony fighting Jim to bring him to his sense's, so that might be what Terrence is referring to.

I wouldn't want to see them fight at all, have a disagreement maybe, but I don't want to see Iron Man and War Machine battling each other. I like the idea that Tony has to promise to make Rhodes his own armor to get him out of the Mark III IV or V or whichever suit is in the sequel. Also, is it necessary for the War Machine to be tuned to Stark's brainwaves if its being created for Rhodes, in Iron Man Tony seemed really jazzed about have Rhodes come check out the Iron Man project, especially considering he didn't even want Obediah to know about it. I'd really like to see Iron Man in the sequel having a hard time fighting whatever villan he's facing, and decides to enlist Rhodes by creating the War Machine and letting Rhodes don the Mark III to aide him.

The original War Machine was worn by Stark first and then given to Rhodes, Jim didn't wear the War Machine armor until many years after Demon in a Bottle, he actually wore the Iron Man armor, not War Machine during that time.

8-1.jpg
310-1.jpg

I predict Tony will fight Rhodes in the third.

If there is one...

I mean, there's IM2, and then the Avengers... I don't know if they'd want an IM3 in there anywhere.

nah, i don't want to see that. but i could imagine it happening if Stark's alcoholism is used in the sequel.

i rather see them work together against a villian, hopefully the Mandarin.

If iron man did have to fight war machine it would provide two things

1. A villian iron man could actually punch. Many fans complained when Superman didnt physically fight someone in Superman Returns because the villain was a human and an intellectual just like the mandarin

2. A sympathetiic " bad guy" the spider- man movies were famous for giving us villains we actually cared about and were emotionally invested in. Iron monger had a history with tony in the first movie. Iron man was emotionally invested in that fight but i seriously doubt tony will be connected to the mandarin in any emotinal way in this new film so this provides the audience with a fight they actually care about

Alright this is a really big thing we got going here..........seriously. Think about all the great triologies or sagas that we have all seen, such as Star Wars, X-men, Spiderman, The matrix...........basically theres a formula which i believe really brings the veiwer in closer and makes us care even more about what we watch. Im referring to what happens in sequels, often in part 2, or the second movie. Sometimes the bad guys win, or the main hero is crushed, or loses motivation, or realizes the overwhelming odds that are against him, or even realizing he/she has to do something they dont want to. TDK is a perfect example of this. Batman in one way or another becomes a villian in order to keep Gotham believeing theyre on an upswing with crime, having hope, etc etc. Think about the empire strikes back with Han Solo being froze. It sets up a very climatic third act. So basically this in turn applies to iron man because Rhodey could be used to create some serious drama, and action sequences. Dont get me wrong The Mandarin should be the main villian in the second iron man......But War Machine should be built up to the the villian in the third. There are a million ways too accomplish this in very story friendly ways. They have to make Rhodey hate Stark, kind of how Brock became full of hatred for Peter. There are so many possibilities. I for one DO NOT want to see anyone but Tony Stark in that iron man suit. I dunno maybe i just ranted and nobody will see it but i feel better hope yall enjoyed it.

Paragraphs want to be your friend.

Yeah why not? A bit of a punch on between the two then that can kiss and make up afterwards.

If there is one...

I mean, there's IM2, and then the Avengers... I don't know if they'd want an IM3 in there anywhere.

You know they will. I see IM2 being the top grossing movie domestic in 2010. HP7 will probably blow it away world wide.

It'd be cool to see War Machine fighting Iron Man. Sure as hell don't want him as a villain, but them fighting could be cool.

But Iron Man and War Machine are partners?

Yeah Then I Think Rhodey Lets It Go To His Head & Becomes Evil Then Tony Kicks His Ass Or Something...

Maybe..But not as a villain, just maybe in an arguement between friends some thing like that. Any who I think if Iron Man 2 does as well as the first film we could see a third one, you know those producers they can never pass up a movie that can make so much money. I think will def be seeing Mandarin for the 2 film, I found it to be one of the best storylines in the series, and the whole bottle storyline of course. It would add so much to the 2 film.

Maybe iron man and war machine should maybe have one fist fight or so but it should not interfere with the storyline of iron man fighting The Mandarin or whatever villain that will be choosen for iron man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"