Iron Man War Machine figure vs War Machine armor in the movie

Alex06

Civilian
Reaction score
http://flickr.com/photos/asylum_collectibles/2449634255/

Even though, the War Machine armor in the Iron Man movie didn't have any color, I didn't remember it looking like a recolor of Iron Man's suit. I believe its mask/helmet was different and it looked more "muscly", like the original armor in the comics. Am I right, I was only able to see a glimpse of it in the movie, it was on-screen for 2 or 3 seconds...

http://flickr.com/photos/asylum_collectibles/2449634255/

Even though, the War Machine armor in the Iron Man movie didn't have any color, I didn't remember it looking like a recolor of Iron Man's suit. I believe its mask/helmet was different and it looked more "muscly", like the original armor in the comics. Am I right, I was only able to see a glimpse of it in the movie, it was on-screen for 2 or 3 seconds...

wha?

The action figure War Machine armor and the one in the movie both look different from one another. The action figure is simply a recolor of the Iron Man action figure. That's a link to a pic showing the action figure. I'm pretty sure I remember it looking more like the one from the comic books in the movie rather than the action figure itself.

the War Machine armor wasn't in the movie. That was Mark II. Tony hasn't even designed or built one yet.

Erm...when Tony told Rhodes to "Keep the skies clear" and he answered "Maybe next time" as Iron Man took off, they showed that armor, are you positive it was the Mark 2?

Heck, does anybody have a photo or picture of the armor they show that exact second? (Unless it's illegal to post it? eek...)

It was silver and silver, the Mark II. But hey, maybe Favreau will visit these forums again sometime soon and we can all ask him.

Yeah, there was no official War Machine suit in the movie.

-TNC

yeah rhodey just looked at the mk. 2 suit and wanted to use it since it was just a spare suit now. however, we can't get what we want all the time. "Next time, baby!"

I was under the assumption that it was a heavier suit than the Mark 2. Because I mean why would he leave the Mk. 2 suit lying around? Why wouldn't he just use the parts from the Mk. 2 when making the next suit? Although I guess he is Tony Stark, aka rich, so why not.

I believe he totally updated the material and started from scratch in making the Mk 3.

-TNC

Yeah..he used completely different material so it wouldn't freeze up at high altitudes.

It was gold shielding that had been previously used on a satellite, as a solution to the icing issue. Similar setup, only with a solution to a design flaw and some "hotrod red."

I dont know where you got the idea that was the War Machine armor. It was obviously the Mark 2. Why would he have built a second suit like the War Machine armor and have it not mentioned at all? And why would it look exactly like the Mark 2? That's ridiculous.

Did you guys not see the closing animation? I believ ethe Mark 2 they show in that with the machine guns is meant to hearken back to the War Machine armor.

The Mark II is the coolest looking to me. After he suited up and the suit finished adjusting itself, I almost pissed my pants. He looked awesome just standing there.

The Mark II looks more intimidating than the Mark III due to its silver color, I have to admit.

I thought the Mark III was just the actual Mark II suit with the color and added golden plates to prevent it from freezing, I didn't realize he made a completely different one with another material.

I also thought I noticed a more bulky version of the Mark II back then when Rhodes was in the lab, but it might've been just me...I'm only human after all, I make mistakes, too. :p

I liked the Mark II the best before I even wanted to see the movie, but of course Mark III looks really awesome too.

The War Machine gear is calibrated to fit War Machine, while the Iron Man armor is calibrated to fit Stark. The reason it looks different is because in the comics, Stark gives the Iron Man armor to War Machine when he becomes a drunk. War Machine goes crazy because the Iron Man gear isn't ment to be on his body, and starts becoming paranoid.

In the end, Stark creates a customized suit for War machine, which is why it's all muscly.

i think rhodey was looking at a "war machine prototype". it's in the shadows, so it's not completely far-fetched to think it was had black or very very dark gray. i think they made an obvious effort to give the nod to him rhodes taking up the suit in the second/future ones.

i can't wait to see rhodes in the armor. i know this is going to be sweet

The scene was definitely a nod to War Machine. However, it was most certainly the Mark II armor he was looking at, at the time. War Machine will be in future movies, so they had to allude to it.

Yeah, tony might upgrade the MkII to the War-Machine Armor, or he might just completely fabricate a new suit for Rhody, but the armor we saw in the movie was just the MkII. I think the War-Machine armor will have a little thicker plates, and ofcourse the shoulder guns.

i loved how he said next time baby, i loved that

Yeah. We all got a big laugh outta that in the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"