Iron Man 2 Should Iron Man fight War Machine?

imvswmyj2.jpg

Got this as a 1440x900 wallpaper, if anyone else wants it let me know & I'll post it up in the IM 2 manips thread.

^Very, very good Mr. Anderson.:woot:

I posted this also in the fan art thread so more people would see it.

But Iron Man and War Machine are partners?

Irom Man should be them at odds and they have a battle. In Iron Man 3 , Tony gets his shht together and they team to take on the mandarin.

Well, haven't they fought before. Isn't there a precedence for them to fight?

Last edited:
^Yes there is but I'd prefer them fighting each other w/o the WM armor involved. That comes later.

Maybe they are fighting because Tony's going on a drunken bender in the armor, and War Machine has to stop him.

OR

Tony's trying to destroy his armor specs that were taken by other companies, and he goes too far, and War Machine tries to stop him.

^yeah--exactly like that

I 'can't say Iron man has the best villains but still I Think some of them are more original then War machine. The 'Machine vs Machine' thing is too cliche for an Iron man movie. We saw that in the first one so that's enough.

mandarin.jpg

thunderbolts044pic1.gif

controller.gif

Ultimo.gif

stockp7.gif

440px-Spymaster%28Current%29.jpg

Having one fight scene between Iron Man and War Machine always seemed like a no brainer to me. This doesn't mean that it would take much focus away from the villain. Nor does it mean turning War Machine into a villain.

If the "cerebral interface" of the IM helmet was designed for Tony, but causes Jim to act out of character and start to become somewhat overzealous, what better type of incident to bring Tony back "from the brink" than the task of having to save and fight his friend?

It adds drama and conflict. Keeps these relationships organic and evolving (interesting). And provides for one hell of an action scene.

Stark "winning" the battle to save Rhodes from the negative influence of the WM armor on his brain could also drive home the point that no one can manevuer the armor quite like Tony Stark, after he outclasses Rhodes.

It's kind of disheartening that many fans here only want the most generic, predictable aspects the Stark/Rhodes relationship where the "good guys" always get along, no matter what, and the dynamic never alters, even temporarily.

EDIT: Actually, now that I've thought about it, I could see it working either way. There's no "one way" to do it.

Last edited:
No it's not that at all!
Tony and Rhodey have always had a brothers in arms thing going on, atleast while they have the armor on. However, we could have IM pissed off for whatever reason and goes off to do something irrational while WM tries to stop him

No it's not that at all!
Tony and Rhodey have always had a brothers in arms thing going on, atleast while they have the armor on. However, we could have IM pissed off for whatever reason and goes off to do something irrational while WM tries to stop him

I have changed my stance since yesterday. I don't necessarily agree about them always having a "brothers in arms" thing "going on," considering they've fought before in the pages of War Machine comics, but I've revised my post.

Didn't mean to come off so presumptuous about the intentions or 'wants' of others.

Last edited:
No, I don't think WM and IM should ever fight. I do however, think IM(Rhodes) should fight IM(Stark). Have Jim in maybe an IM Mark 3 or 4 armor(but not the WM armor). Stark's unable to be IM anymore due to the bottle and Jim fills in, then have it(the armor) messing with his mind due to the cybernetics which weren't calibrated for his brain. He goes crazy and Stark needs to pull himself together to stop his friend from hurting himself or anyone else. Tony puts on the less advanced Mark 2 or 3 armor(depending on which one Jim's wearing since it should be less advanced than Jim's armor).

Tony has a disadvantage in that his armor is less powerful than Jim's is but Tony uses his superior experience with the armor's, plus Jim's mental instability to safely stop his friend and get the armor off him. Jim recovers in a hospital and eventually his mind is healed. Then he joins Tony in the WM armor which Tony has made to fit Jim's brain patterns so he doesn't have to worry about him going crazy again. Together they team up to fight the Mandarin and/or his surrogates like Justin Hammer/Spymaster/Crimson Dynamo/Fing Fang Foom/Titanium Man/or whoever fits the story. Probably hold off on the ultimate IM/Mandarin showdown for IM3.

Yes, this is the idea I was getting at.

I think WM & IM should fight, but it shouldn't be the climax. They should team-up for the climax.

I'm not really familiar with the comics. Why did War Machine fight with Iron Man?

I'm not really familiar with the comics. Why did War Machine fight with Iron Man?

In the War Machine series, after Tony faking his death caused a "riff" in their friendship, the two went their separate ways. Stark insisted Rhodes keep the WM armor to continue doing good in it's name.

Soon, Rhodes began killing bad guys and breaking international law on occasions when he felt he had no other choice. When the WM armor needed repairs, Rhodes and Stark were forced to confront each other. Tony disapproved over how Rhodes was utilizing the armor and the two fought for it's ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"