Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scene isn't in the extended edition ( :argh: ), but just before he gets on the plane, when he's saying goodbye to Mariko, you can see her driver (?) handing the box to Yukio in the background.

She's not holding it in the next shot, which looks like an editing goof...but we all know what that was, so it's all good. :awesome:

According the interviews with Mangold this week, it never made the film because it's not going to be in DOFP, so he didn't want to keep that in and have fans be disappointed not to see it in the next film (or put pressure on Singer to have to include it). Makes sense. It actually wasn't even there when they shot the scene, they filmed them reacting to an empty box and inserted the shot in later after they got a suit designed.

But damn, if that's not the comic book movie ending equivalent of a mic-drop, I don't know what is. :woot:

Hugh Jackman still has to wear the suit at least once before he retires as Wolverine. Just do a one off solo movie & have him in it

They have no confidence in the intelligence of the fans. Two years later and he isn't wearing the suit? How is that really a problem? He's not with Yukio either and it's not confusing to us. If they left that scene in and he's not wearing it two years later, we can assume he wore it, stuff happened and he isn't wearing it anymore. It doesn't have to show up for DOFP...

Oh well

They have no confidence in the intelligence of the fans. Two years later and he isn't wearing the suit? How is that really a problem? He's not with Yukio either and it's not confusing to us. If they left that scene in and he's not wearing it two years later, we can assume he wore it, stuff happened and he isn't wearing it anymore. It doesn't have to show up for DOFP...

Oh well

Yeah but I can safey say If it had been at end of film some would be *****ing
up a storm that he Isn't wearing It In DOFP.

Well there Is always the next wolverine film.And if DOFP does indeed erase the trilogy and most of origins and The Wolverine,except for pre 1973 parts,
then onsidering the uniforms in first class and Magneto's outfit In DOFP then they could put a wolverine outfit then.

Oh well

Oy...

Showing the suit in the very last scene, and then that teaser for DOFP during the credits, would say to fans that he was going to wear the suit in DOFP. He's not.

And since most have every confidence that fans would have an utter meltdown - because they will, just consider all the "WE'VE BEEN SLAPPED IN THE FACE!!!" posts around here, for example - if the suit was introduced and then not in DOFP, it really is wiser to leave it out, at least for now.

Now we know they're working on a sequel, we know there's a two-year gap to play with, and we can safely assume we will be seeing the suit. Its likely why they're making a big deal out of that scene's existence now. Keeps it separate from DOFP, and it's a perfect tease for another solo film.

True I guess the good thing is that they're taking the larger universe into consideration. But I think it would be very odd if DOFP ends with a new timeline and TW2 picks up in the old timeline. If they DO do that, having the plane scene with the box and suit would be a good way to open the movie...

Oy...

Showing the suit in the very last scene, and then that teaser for DOFP during the credits, would say to fans that he was going to wear the suit in DOFP. He's not.

And since most have every confidence that fans would have an utter meltdown - because they will, just consider all the "WE'VE BEEN SLAPPED IN THE FACE!!!" posts around here, for example - if the suit was introduced and then not in DOFP, it really is wiser to leave it out, at least for now.

Now we know they're working on a sequel, we know there's a two-year gap to play with, and we can safely assume we will be seeing the suit. Its likely why they're making a big deal out of that scene's existence now. Keeps it separate from DOFP, and it's a perfect tease for another solo film.

I can gurante you If it had been used some would be in uproar on suit not being used In DOFP.Especilly In comments on SHH homepage and elsewhere.

They may use it In next wolverine film.But that depends If It's set
In 2 year gap,after events of DOFP
In past of possable altered timeline

Oy...

Do we know already that Wolverine 3 is taking place in a two-year gap between the end of The Wolverine and the mid-credits airport scene?

True I guess the good thing is that they're taking the larger universe into consideration. But I think it would be very odd if DOFP ends with a new timeline and TW2 picks up in the old timeline. If they DO do that, having the plane scene with the box and suit would be a good way to open the movie...

I am very skeptical of next wolverine film In "old timeline" If "New Timeline"
Is created at end of DOFP.

The only way I could see that Is if wolverine followup Is designed as Hugh
jackman's farewell and they plan on recasting wolverine In Next X-Men film
In"New Timeline"

Well we should find out after DOFP Is released.

Hope he doesn't wear this mask.
Would look ridiculous, doesn't fit for big screen.

That just makes no sense. New timeline doesn't mean Hugh Jackman suddenly turns into a different person, it's not Doctor Who! If they're recasting then they should just reboot it. He will be playing Wolverine in this series until they're ready to reboot or stop using the character.

So you're telling me Wolverine 3 is in old timeline? Meh...
Hope it will be story in new timeline.

That just makes no sense. New timeline doesn't mean Hugh Jackman suddenly turns into a different person, it's not Doctor Who! If they're recasting then they should just reboot it. He will be playing Wolverine in this series until they're ready to reboot or stop using the character.

They can totaly recast In "New Timeline" if they want to.MS recast Bruce banner and was totally prepared to do the same for Tony Stark If they couldn't reach deal with Robert Downey JR.

If "New Timeline" Is created at end of DOFP that's the "Reboot" and I don't
see them doing another for awhile.

Recasting keep James Bond going for 40 years.jack Ryan was recasted with
harrison ford.Batman was twice recasted.Mark Ruffalo replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner.Just because most people think you have to reboot nowadays when actor leaves doesn't mean It Is way it was always done or
has to be done.

If "New timeline" Is created In DOFP I don't see a outright reboot happening
anytime soon.They have already effectly rebooted.wolverine Isn't being dropped from films even if they have to resort to recasting.

They won't be recasting Wolverine anytime soon. That's silly talk.

So you're telling me Wolverine 3 is in old timeline? Meh...
Hope it will be story in new timeline.

I am skeptical of that
If time travel basiclly erases Trilogy and wolverine films
to be set In 2 year gap between ending of the wolverine and Mid credit scene
kinda defeats the purpose of creating a new timeline
Because of wolverine's time travel mission In erasing past wolverine films and Trilogy
by doing wolverine film In Old timeline.

Plus It gets confusing to GA
they may see end of old timeline and creation of new one In DOFP due to wolverine's actions In DOFP and waking up In new one with no memory of old
to suddenly see film
Set in old timeline which because of events In DOFP Is no longer relvent since time travel In DOFP Is suspose to erase it

They can totaly recast In "New Timeline" if they want to.MS recast Bruce banner and was totally prepared to do the same for Tony Stark If they couldn't reach deal with Robert Downey JR.

If "New Timeline" Is created at end of DOFP that's the "Reboot" and I don't
see them doing another for awhile.

Recasting keep James Bond going for 40 years.jack Ryan was recasted with
harrison ford.Batman was twice recasted.Mark Ruffalo replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner.Just because most people think you have to reboot nowadays when actor leaves doesn't mean It Is way it was always done or
has to be done.

If "New timeline" Is created In DOFP I don't see a outright reboot happening
anytime soon.They have already effectly rebooted.wolverine Isn't being dropped from films even if they have to resort to recasting.

That makes no sense sorry. Part of the reason they aren't rebooting is because they like their actors. What you're saying is: Wolverine is Hugh Jackman in the 70s, Hugh Jackman in 2023, but after old Hugh goes into young Hugh and changes history, Hugh now becomes Robert Pattinson or something. Because that's how time travel works...

That's never gonna happen. It's Hugh until there's a reboot. Otherwise they wouldn't be going through all of this DOFP time travel stuff, they would just REBOOT it and call it a day. I agree it'd be confusing to go back to the old timeline if it's changed, but is that more confusing than having your time traveler wake up as a different person? Unless they want to say his Weapon X procedure was a face-lift...

PS I hate this whole James Bond method of recasting. Recasting sucks and destroys continuity. If you want a new actor then reboot the whole thing, recast everyone. But if you see Patrick Stewart talking to someone else playing Wolverine talking about the times they spent together when he was Hugh Jackman it is just impossible to get lost in the scene without thinking about how this isn't right. And it takes you out of the movie. And it's stupid.

Last edited:
That makes no sense sorry. Part of the reason they aren't rebooting is because they like their actors. What you're saying is: Wolverine is Hugh Jackman in the 70s, Hugh Jackman in 2023, but after old Hugh goes into young Hugh and changes history, Hugh now becomes Robert Pattinson or something. Because that's how time travel works...

That's never gonna happen. It's Hugh until there's a reboot. Otherwise they wouldn't be going through all of this DOFP time travel stuff, they would just REBOOT it and call it a day. I agree it'd be confusing to go back to the old timeline if it's changed, but is that more confusing than having your time traveler wake up as a different person? Unless they want to say his Weapon X procedure was a face-lift...

If time travel does indeed erase the trilogy and wolverine films they have effectly rebooted already since only FC and 1973 parts of DOFP matter
going forward with future films.

A new timeline would only carryon from FC cast films
The trilogy and first 2 wolverine films would efectly be erased from exsistance
and would likely start recasting characters from "Old Timeline" and they are
not going to drop the most popular character from "New Timeline" even if they
have to recast.

You think wolverine Is bigger than batman,James Bond,jack Ryan,and Bruce banner?

If they are indeed resorting to time traveling creating a new timeline they aren't rebooting outright anytime soon.What would be point after they
Effectly erased trilogy and both origins and the wolverine
and It's safe to say wolverine won't be disappearing from films even if they
have to recast.

I like the james bond method of recasting because otherwise your consently rebooting that It becomes a joke.

And what makes anyone think Patrick Stewert will be playing Xavier again If new timeline Is created.

Last edited:
If the timeline is erased and FC and 1973 of DOFP are all that matters, Wolverine is STILL played by Hugh Jackman. If he shows up in "FC3" and is played by someone else, wouldn't that be kind of weird? It's not like they need to get someone younger than Hugh to play Wolverine after it's been shown he is the same age throughout time. And assuming Wolverine wakes up in an altered future, he's Hugh in 1973, a different actor and then Hugh again in 2023. Makes no sense. Or he's Hugh, Hugh and then a younger guy.

I think the reason they are changing history is because TLS "ended" the series horribly and they want to undo the terrible things that movie did. And this way they can start fresh without rebooting it. If they wanted to reboot they'd do that and recast everyone. But it seems everyone is game for more X-films including Hugh, Anna, Ellen and Singer! I don't think Singer would want to bring in new people to play characters that are finally coming of age and/or don't age at all!

Plus DOFP is a great idea for a film, genius way of merging the two timelines and casts and in doing so gives them a great opportunity to change the mistakes the franchise made, while keeping them in continuity and not rebooting everything.

If the timeline is erased and FC and 1973 of DOFP are all that matters, Wolverine is STILL played by Hugh Jackman. If he shows up in "FC3" and is played by someone else, wouldn't that be kind of weird? It's not like they need to get someone younger than Hugh to play Wolverine after it's been shown he is the same age throughout time. And assuming Wolverine wakes up in an altered future, he's Hugh in 1973, a different actor and then Hugh again in 2023. Makes no sense. Or he's Hugh, Hugh and then a younger guy.

I think the reason they are changing history is because TLS "ended" the series horribly and they want to undo the terrible things that movie did. And this way they can start fresh without rebooting it. If they wanted to reboot they'd do that and recast everyone. But it seems everyone is game for more X-films including Hugh, Anna, Ellen and Singer! I don't think Singer would want to bring in new people to play characters that are finally coming of age and/or don't age at all!

Plus DOFP is a great idea for a film, genius way of merging the two timelines and casts and in doing so gives them a great opportunity to change the mistakes the franchise made, while keeping them in continuity and not rebooting everything.

If new timeline Is created I don't expect to see any OT cast In anymore films
besides Hugh.And that's because we know he will be back in another wolverine.

The compession that should be drawn is Star Trek.Thus future of franchise is with FC cast If a new timeline Is created.

I don't see them ever dropping wolverine from full X-Men team films.If past
films aren't prequels anymore they will bring wolverine In.even if they have
to recast.

It's a very bad idea If they do a third wolverine film In timeframe between end of the Wolverine and Mid credit scene which takes place 2 years later If a new Timeline Is created In DOFP.Not only would it confuse audences after the
events of DOFP but your asking people to care about story which If there Is
a new timeline Is now ilrelvent.We know wolverine survives so nothing would
matter.It needs to be In new timeline if that Is what happens at end of DOFP.
There Is no shortage of devolpments they could do In new timeline if that Is indeed the direction they are headed to.

They were gonna do a wolverine movie anyway even when they made first class and thought about sequels for it, it makes no difference what so ever to fox

23trwh1.jpg

Such a tease, Damn it I hope Jackman wears this suit in a future film.

It looks really good!

I've never liked the yellow and black costume. I've never been able to figure out why Wolverine of all people would wear something like that. The mask is particularly dumb. If it was his black and grey X-Force costume, then maybe I could go with it. I just don't think that Wolverine is a character who needs a costume at all.

I'm just happy someone made that costume. And we get to see it even if it's just in a deleted scene. Someone posted somewhere a bunch of photos from the extended Wolverine screening where the suit was displayed. It really looks nice. It's a nice nod to the fans that the pair of gloves and the mask even exist.

I can't imagine Hugh wearing it though. Perhaps some other time, some other actor, when the whole franchise is recast. In 2095.

Well this whole time Yukio tells him hes a soldier and hes realized it at the end. Maybe he thinks it'd be cool to wear a costume for a change. Embracing his heroness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"