Hulk (2003) is STILL the BEST live-action version of the Hulk.

If by "removed from canon", she has not been. There is no reason to believe Elizabeth Ross isn't still out there somewhere in the MCU.

If you mean "why have they not brought her back for an appearance?", the answer is a fairly obvious "Because there haven't been any more Hulk movies". Perhaps combined with "Becuase the Liv Tyler portrayal was fairly crap and uncompelling".

I hated Ang Lee's Hulk and I found The Incredible Hulk to be mediocre (though I did enjoy Norton). I might be alone in this, but I feel liked the Hulk works best as a side character. He's great in the Avengers movies and Thor Ragnarok but I honestly have no interest in seeing another Hulk solo film.

I hated Ang Lee's Hulk and I found The Incredible Hulk to be mediocre (though I did enjoy Norton). I might be alone in this, but I feel liked the Hulk works best as a side character. He's great in the Avengers movies and Thor Ragnarok but I honestly have no interest in seeing another Hulk solo film.
Yeah...I kind of agree with you. I still think you can make a solo Hulk film work but that requires a lot legwork

The Hulk character is basically Jeyll Hyde meets werewolf. He isn’t easy to build a narrative around of. Even Whedon has expressed this concern.

Yes. But it would be very, very hard. Hulk is a tricky son of a b**h. He’s the Claudio of superheroes. Because the problem is it’s a very popular character, but it’s not a superhero. Half of it’s a superhero, half of it’s a werewolf. And you can’t structure it like a superhero movie, you can’t light it like a superhero movie. How do you develop that? It would be extremely difficult. The one thing you would have in your favour would be Mark Ruffalo. But right now I don’t know if they have plans to do that or not, because he works so well as part of a greater whole, but by himself, it’s tough. I don’t envy the guys who went before.

If I were to pitch a Hulk film movie I would do some variation of the Future Imperfect storyline where Hulk fights an evil version of himself who has Banner’s intelligence.

And ideally I would have She-Hulk in there since her sassy, carefree, personality would be a good contrast to the normally morose, depressed mood of Bruce Banner who normally just wants to get cured, and bring some much needed levity and fun to these Hulk movies. Another problem with the Green Goliath that having a character perpetually seeking to rid himself of the monster inside him gets rather tedious and formulaic after awhile. If Marvel does a Hulk film they’re going need to bring something fresh to the table.

I totally agree. I've always loved Hulk '03. It's a surprisingly dark movie with a hazily dream-like atmosphere that the likes of the DCEU can only (heh) dream of. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and I'm not surprised that audiences weren't over the moon at having dragged their kids to see it. It's often likened to a Greek tragedy and I'm very much inclined to agree. I certainly think it's in the upper echelon of Marvel property adaptations. It remains tied with Spider-Man (2001) for being my favourite Marvel movie. By comparison, I've always thought The Incredible Hulk was so bland and lacking in any bite.

And the less said about Ruffalo's romcom reject version, the better.

I know it shouldn’t, but the title of this thread angered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"